Koe no Katachi

Thoughts? Will this be a good adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=10R49aMRVuw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's being made by Yamada, so I have high hopes on that alone.
That said, based on the promo material it looks like they might be adapting a fairly large portion of the manga's material and that has me concerned.

honestly i think 63 chapters is perfect for a 10 - 13 episode anime. im really wondering what everyone thought of the manga and if it will transition well with the drama elements.

I haven't finished the manga but I will say that I thought the quality dropped off significantly after the first volume.

im so dumb, i forgot that it was being made into a movie. yeah now im concerned about the amount of coverage a lot more. i personally loved it but hated the first few chapters.

Why? The opening chapters are the only part of the manga that's interesting or unique. After that point it just devolves into typical teenage romance stuff.

its not really typical considering the fact that the character archtypes are pretty unique. the personalities are quite refreshing besides the best friend, and the narrative is pretty touching.

It will probably improve on the original source.

The characters don't fall into typical archetypes, I'll give you that. But the story still gets bogged down in the bullshit that every teenage romance story does and there's not nearly enough focus on character interaction for me to really like the characters or get to know them as well as I really want to. Characters just keep getting added for no discernible reason and none of them get the focus they need.

Can't wait for a proper romantic ending.

Have the latest trailer, with subs.

youtube.com/watch?v=10R49aMRVuw

The first chapter were pretty painfull to read. As the start of the second half.

Most disappointing manga I've ever read

All that build up for WOW, ITS FUCKING NOTHING!

The only thing missing was romance, which wasn't really needed there. The end was perfect in my eyes at least.

Literally what it was building up to and what it seemed to be about
The girl having a stroke for trying to say "I love you" and the guy having feelings as well but not saying them due to shame
And the end is fucking grabbing the hand of the girl
Not hand holding
Grabbing her fucking hand

It's gets pretty nice when they the two main characters get all suicidal. It showed how pathetic and sweet they were. I'm just not happy about how forgiveness extends even to the shitty people who don't deserve them. I wish I was there to punch eyebrow's self-righteous face when he socked the MC.

Yamada + Roshida + Ushio on the music + Kigami doing Key Animation + Nishiya
This anime literally can't go wrong. This is the best staff I've seen since the original Keion.

>KyoAni
>Proper romantic ending
You know that will never happen.

Maybe the end was implying that they would have a future together, the go after the same job after all.
She was in love with him, and maybe he liked her too (he wasn't really concerned as yuzuru pretended to be her boyfriend, but it was all the way in the beginning so probably he developed some feeling along the way.) But what he was more concerned about was, not them as in a couple but her alone, he said he would give up his life for her, but not because of love, but because of guilt. He said he wanted her to love herself.
I think the author didn't want to make romance the main topic there, take the failed confession scene out of there, and they could both be boys for what i care and nothing would've changed.
Also you can say that maybe he always thought he didn't deserve to love her. And it would be understandble.

But in the end, as i said, i think it was an implication of them both starting something. Maybe. I also would have loved to see them end together but it was not in any case a built up for a pairing, but a built up for him as a human, his past and his problems to be solved along with his friends. It was beautifully shown as all the crosses disappeared in the end where they were walking around the school festival. It was the moment where i knew, that he will be okay from now on.

The author could've added a little more romance as a footnote.

I don't want them to paint Ueno as a selfish girl who was motivated but not getting Shouya's cock and the jealousy that comes with that.

But that's how it was user.

This

Also, it seems that the movie will focus on romance

>that wall of text
Jesus christ, what the fuck are you doing

I liked the manga a lot.

I'm very excited. Looks great and the soundtrack is lovely. I already really like the manga, but I think the restrictions of a movie could be good for wrangling it all together. I'm glad it's keeping the X thing, besides that there are only a couple of other scenes I really want to see animated. There's that great first person sequence after the fall, and later on we "hear" things from Shouko's perspective. The manga itself is very cinematographically savvy so I think it'll translate very well to screen.

I hope not, because if it's a good adaptation it'll be a bad anime.

Didn't mean to reply.