The Catalan situation?

Spanish politics seems labyrinthine to me so hopefully someone can redpill me on these questions:

-will Catalan declare independence on Monday as previously stated?
-if Catalan declares independence on Monday what is your best guess on what will Spanish authorities will do?
-will Catalans arm themselves and resist Spanish assertion of control?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9o97z5tNSYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow... the state of Europeans

Spain has already said this is unconstitutional. I don't know why libs are flocking to the catonian cause. It sounds like a wealthy region of the country doesn't want to pay taxes.
>nb4 muh history
This current independence movement was caused by the 2008 financial crisis and everyone knows it.

>hans photoshopping the catalan flag on a picture from an "art show" that was from his country
*breathes in*

That pic actually happened in Germany but a butthurt spaniard shoped it.

>No.
>Art. 155 (suspension of the autonommous cummunity of Catalonia) or even the 116 (some kind of martial law that can suspend some civil rights) new elections, restore Catalonia.
>Nope, they are a buch of faggots that are crying and bitching for a few policemen, imagine if they have to face up the army...

>-will Catalan declare independence on Monday as previously stated?
It will be on Tuesday. There will be no Monday session, as Constitutional Tribunal suspended the Monday session.

>-if Catalan declares independence on Monday what is your best guess on what will Spanish authorities will do?
Assault Guardia Civil troops have already taken control of strategic positions. 15000 police will take the streets, so they are visible by the population (from Spain and Catalonia). They will go to the streets in order to control the "violent" crowd, as they have been doing for a month.
Someone will be arrested (but not too many). Puigdemont and Trapero are the best positioned for this martyr role.
Spanish authorities will make a claim "everybody go back to legality" or something similar.
I think they will do this without triggering 155 or "state of emergency".

>-will Catalans arm themselves and resist Spanish assertion of control?
I don't think it will be any resistance, in first instance. If Spain make any detention or the police take the streets, a lot of Catalans will pacifically take the streets (like what happened the 3 Oct)

These are my guesses.

Spain has done a lot of unconstitutional things.
At this point nobody cares about that. It is mainly about narrative and international supports.

>This current independence movement was caused by the 2008 financial crisis and everyone knows it.
Not really.
It has much more to do with Estatut and the nonexistent Economic agreements, plus the repression (see TC) and the lack of inversion in Catalonia. PP Education reforms also played a major role.
At the end of the day, it is the belief that Spanish government always lies and they do not care about the region.
Of course, if financial crisis were well handled by Spanish government, less people were asking for independence, but I don't think it's been a main cause. To be honest, corruption and estate bubble had a lot more impact than financial crisis. The poor management of PP and PSOE in these topics has make more people independentist.
Finally, current repression is what is helping more to the independence movement.

mexican detected. you know you're not spanish, right? you don't have to defend them.

>monday
no
>what do if
just say it is illegal
>weapons
No

AMA. I'm in the know

thanks

so Catlan just says fuck your laws and declares independence.
why no weapons?

There's almost no weapons in one side. Therefore, weapons is not good for Catalans. And it's even worse for Spanish authorities - as they will lose the little legitimacy they hold.

However, people underestimate how many ultras are in Spain. It is likely that someone will act on their own. You can find plenty of videos of police and guardia civil chanting fascist songs, "a por ellos", or "que nos dejen actuar (let us act)", which literally means "let me kick some catalan ass".
Actually, there was an incident, hidden by Spanish media, were a police out of service went to a bar with a gun to insult catalans. If things go up, and the media keep pressing with this fascist narrative, we will see more macho attitude. The happy thing is that they really think they will be salving the country, while it will be the opposite.
Also, you must count alcohol and coca.

This is the main reason why PP haven't sent proper military troops yet, because it will be too dangerous for Spanish institutions (the other big reason is because the image and we are democracy).

>so Catlan just says fuck your laws and declares independence.

Its all a farce. The Catalan politicians have been brainwashing the population for some decades, but right now they are not ready to go full independent. By not ready I mean mostly economically. Lots of jobs would be lost, they would be out of the Eurozone for some time, and there is the problem of their regional debt, which right now Spain guarantees.

Also they trade a lot with the rest of Spain. If people in Spain start boycotting Catalan products at once, that would cause bloody losses for them.

>why no weapons?
They don't need them until the cery last moment. Guaranteed they could smug them in vans just like they did with the Chink ballot boxes, but it would be hard because France supports Spain and the frontier will be controlled.

They tried though, they wanted to buy hundreds of assault rifles for their regional police (mossos), but the central govt. blocked the buy.

Still a small circle of mossos protecting the Catalan elite probably has the means to thwart an assault operation to detain them. They are like a drug cartel. They also have the Israeli help.

every day we stray further from god...

>daily reminder

Sup Forums will you support that "thing" or this Chad Thundercuck?

>HETEROSEXUAL DEGENERACY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

End straight marriage!

This shit is a typical meme reason for Europeans to riot. Yuros are like so far tilted to the left that it makes them super SJWs in many regards. While I applaud the attempt to withdraw from commies, Im afraid their pussy cumguzzling leftist mentality has them steered toward "lets just bitch in the streets and throw political fits."

I just don't think any Catas asked themselves this question:
>"Am I willing to die for this cause?"

I believe violence from the Spanish govt is totally warranted to any attempts to annex clay from any sovereign territory. And I totally believe independence isnt something someone else gives you.

None supports communist Spain.

These must be some elite soldiers considering how they handle their weapons.

> Why no weapons?
1st. They tried to buy a bunch of high end weaponry. But spain's ministry of deffense blocked the purchase since it was too much(mossos ar just a kind og police, not an army)
2nd They want to play the victim card, so they can "beg" for international mediation (never uses in a situation like this)

T.Butthurted Separatist Faggot

La legión.

LA GVARDIA CIVIL

>Why are we still here? Just to suffer?!

The catalan fags have to fight, or fuck them.
they're commies btw.

>shills still trying to convince people that spain's government is the redpilled side
haha yes goyim we can't have the EU breaking down

>Thinking that the Catalonians are against the EU.
>A leaf.

>The virgin mugremita protest
>THE CHAD SPANISH NATIONALISM

methane fueled Flamethrowers
i am impressed, they use everything they got

just lazy Spaniards

looks like a pride parade though

isnt this like if california wanted independence? shouldnt both sides want this to occur?

Don't fall for the meme that the Spanish are right wing, they are completely left wing as well. Catalan leaving is good because it is bad for the EU and other globalist causes.

Catalonia is like having Los Angeles in the middle of Utah. We have had 9 right goverments out of 11 in democracy and the only reason the left won 2 is because immigrants from the rest of Spain who are our personal mexicans and are who the goverment is trying to substitute us with.
You just have to look at the faggotry and the moorishness of the legion in this picture to understand why we want to secede

A bunch of wewuzzers trying to steal one of the richest pieces of clay.

Who would win?

A bunch of of stinky antifa commies or 8 policemen?

youtube.com/watch?v=9o97z5tNSYc

Considering Catalonia would have to apply t be in the EU and Spain would veto any attempt; yes; you are against the EU.

You'd never be part of it. Declareing Independance would free you of it. And I doubt the Catalans would appreciate being swallowed into being a sattilite state of Germany with no freedom anyway; like they would if they applied now.

Also they don't want to pay taxes to Spain; but Catalonia in the EU... would be paying taxes... which would be given to poor countries in the Eu... like Spain... and Poland.

Sure, Jordi, sure...

why are catalans usually antifa? do they also love muslims? they are?

Because separatist catalonians are a bunch of commie faggots. Of course, probably Catalonia have more muslims than any other community of Spain, even more than Andalusia.

weapons will be coming in, don't worry
the question is if the dumb kids will pick them up or not
if they do, this escalates
it won't be military, too bad for optics
the police and guardia civil are militarized enough and are easy to control

meanwhile, the Andorran new year approaches

I doubt that either the Guardia Civil or Rajoy have such a fine-grained sense of restraint that they would be able to project sufficient force to quell the independence movement without causing enough injuries to spark outrage. It helps him that Brussels has his back and is willing to turn a blind eye to anything that represses populism, but Rajoy has a way of fucking things up by losing control of a situation in very visible ways. He likes to ignore problems until he has to do something, and then he overreacts.

Accuse him of corruption? He appears in a press conference via television and gives the press the image of a frightened and guilty man who goes to extreme lengths to avoid taking questions.

Independence movement fomenting? He'll ignore it until the last possible moment, when he'll send in troops (militarized "police") to give the world pictures of jackbooted thugs beating up innocent people who just want to have a vote about their own future.

What you suggest sounds too delicate for Rajoy to handle. The Catalans will declare independence, Rajoy and the Guardia Civil will overreact, the Catalans will take to the streets in numbers too big to police, and where it goes from there is up to Rajoy's incompetence. I don't see the Catalans arming themselves, though; they'll probably hope the PSOE will force a no-confidence vote against Rajoy on the basis of images of repression.

PSOE doing anything? I doubt it. Lets just hope theres a mastermind behind Rajoy that has been pulling the strings since Sunday, because I honestly doubt this week of inactivity was Rajoy's idea.

Inactivity sounds like exactly what Rajoy enjoys most. Vuelva usted mañana.

As for there being a mastermind behind anything in Europe, I doubt it. A mastermind produces a coherent plan, unity of purpose, and results. Europe looks like a place where leaders react instead of thinking ahead, where nobody knows what's going on so everybody improvises. There is no plan, no mastermind, no purpose, just leaders hustling when they have to in order to stay in power, and spending the rest of their time watching soccer. Merkel's the closest thing to a mastermind in Europe, and even she's modified her stance on policies mid-course in reaction to dissent from the people. Throw a crying Syrian girl at her, and she goes straight from "You have to go back" to "You can stay here." It's all reaction, never planning.

If Rajoy or anyone "behind" him had any foresight, he would have seen the Catalan independence movement growing over the years and would have addressed the issue earlier.

>I doubt it. Lets just hope there's a mastermind behind Rajoy

yeah it's the king and the army. They want to stop all the autonomous bullshit in spain.