Go on a pilgrimage for your favorite animu

Go on a pilgrimage for your favorite animu.

Do it right now, book that flight.

Are you offering to pay for it?

No I'm impyling you should not be a lazy shit and work for the shekels if you have none you hikineet.

I'm heavily considering moving to Japan since it seems to be one of the only places without ISIS terrorist attacks weekly and police shootings on a daily basis.

You cannot move to Japan, only visit, no polluting the populace with permanent gaijin allowed.

no u

But the Wired seems scary user.

Any place of pilgrimage in Tokyo?

Right now my plan is nothing but Akihabara.

Akiba features in a ton of shitty anime.

Tokyo is a fucking hole though, don't waste your time there, especially not in the den of weebness that is Akiba. Go see Kyoto or the countryside or fucking anything else.

I'm going to Japan for a year.

What real life things should I see?

I've lived in Kyoto for two years already, I have literally nothing else to do around the Kansai area.

Then go to western honshu, or shikoku, or kyushu, or okinawa, or touhoku, or hokkaido. Don't waste more than a few days in Tokyo though.

Whatever shit interests you. Go be a pilgrimage weeb, or visit temples, or see festivals, or be an onsen junkie, or eat 10kg of whale and dolphin. Plan your tour as you see fit.

The only anime pilgrimage I did was seeing this painting in person.

Sure user, I'm going.

But I have already been to Shirakawago.

My current plans have the next Japan trip in 2035.

Nigga how am I supposed to go to Mars?

ESA, JAXA, Roskosmos, NASA, that weird private one-way-trip...
There are a lot of options.

I've already visited Takehara, but I don't mind going back again for the Bamboo Festival.

>shirakawa-go
>falling for the shitty tourist-filled 'rustic village' meme

What the hell are you talking about?

Sure, it was filled with tourists, but aside from a short hike I did completely outside the hiking season in Nikkou, it was probably the place with the fewest people during my time in Japan.

My favourite anime is set in a fantasy world you idiot.

There's only six years left until 2024

Filled with tourists or not, I really want to see this view with my own eyes.

Fucking busloads of Chinese tourists come into the town daily. Either you went 10+ years ago or on a very strange day.

Went to Hokkaido. Was fun.
Saw some chink trying to shoplift.

What the hell is chink doing in rural town?

I don't remember seeing even a single Chinese guy.
It was almost 10 years ago (2008), though, yeah.

Did the shop manager make her 'pay' like in my favourite doujins?

I'm actually heading to Cuenca again for the second time tomorrow.

Speaking of Sora no Woto, anyone know where the soldier drawing is located? Planning on snapping a photo of him but I had trouble last time finding him but I've heard there is a drawing somewhere in old town.

But I can't go to a fantasy world ;_;

Are you with that group that are either already there or going sometime soon?

You've probably looked into it more than me but wasn't there a guy who looked for SnW stuff in the town and put pictures up on his blog? Maybe he found it.

I'm not with the group, I think they are going next week, actually I posted photos from Cuenca a year or so ago after arriving back for the first time. Lovely town. Looking forward to exploring more and checking out more tapas there, they've got some of the loveliest anchovies.

Also a word to any anons in the group who are going and aren't used to heat, there is a heatwave in France currently where I am now, around 42 degrees but I'm heading over the Pyrenees tomorrow down into Cuenca but I heard it is much hotter in Spain no idea by how much.

We're arriving tomorrow, actually.

Oh nice, how large will the group be? I'm not into meeting up but if you ever run into a British person I'll buy you a few drinks considering how cheap everything is there.

they really knew how to make you feel nostalgic about a place you've never been.

Is it really this difficult to not charge at a cop? Are Americans retarded?

NNB's place looks like shit though.

I want to go that place in France where Gochuumon is set, That looks so fucking comfy.

>In France where Gochumon is set
I'm in Spain for an extended period of time and I'm guessing I could check it out depending on whether or not it is on my route home when driving back, mind giving me the exact place? Seems like it could be a fun hobby. Visiting places based on anime locations. Pretty sure there is another near me from a Ghibli movie where I'm going in Spain close to Alicante but I guess it could be a little further south. I should probably go to the Cotswalds on my way home sometime but it usually is never on the route destination.

How long are you there for?

For two days exactly, which direction are the anons coming from?

What nonsense are you spewing. I spent a month in Tokyo alone and had a fucking blast. There is so much to see. I've made new friends, went to arcades, temples, restaurants etc etc.

It was fucking fantastic and I wanna go back.

All arriving from Madrid if that's what you meant. Keep an eye out for us though. I wouldn't be surprised if we did end up crossing paths.

Any elaborate things I should be on the lookout for? I'll definitely come up and say hello and stuff. I've never been to Madrid before but I've heard it is a little pricey, always prefer more rural areas.

We're 8, and we're three germans, two italians, one french, one brit and one dutch, shouldn't be hard to spot. We're gonna be there until the 28th.

Ikebukuro, because Durarara.

>Tokyo is a fucking hole though
Depends on where you go, there are a lot of districts. Akiba is definitely inadvisable.

Nice, sounds like a good group I hope you enjoy your time there, thoroughly loved my first time there.

Tower of the Sun

As Friend

Was about to post SnW. I loved the show so much I actually planned on visiting Spain one of these days

Man, I so want to go to Hinamizawa and find Rika's shack, but I'm too afraid to actually go there and see it for myself.

Cuenca was fun and some of the locations really stand out like Mangana tower and the base where the Time Telling Fortress is.

That'd be great. They probably get quite a few tourists looking for stuff from Higurashi.

I want to go to Old Home and have cute girls be my friends and have the villagers treat me like shit.

I love this shit.

Wished I save some user's comparison pic on that city Hyokka was based on. It was a pretty gorgeous location.

But I did, user.

One of my stops was Takayama. I still have the Hyouka guide map and some tourist stuff I bought along the way.

I'd love to go see those places in Kyoto some day.

Fuck you.