Work Experience

I understand japanese do stuff differently but
how does someones get a job at a software company, with absolutely nothing prior to that.

Referring to the Anime. Don't care about Japan.

get good

So someone who is good at what they do, have to get an explanation on what "NPC" means?

Because in Japan, the company teaches you what you need to know.

I just google it

>Aoba makes it look fun.
>Probably the most boring and horrendous job to do in real life.
Fuck you Anime.

>how does someones get a job at a software company, with absolutely nothing prior to that.
By sending a resume. Grunt software jobs aren't exactly very demanding and the skill floor is low. Doesn't matter the country.

No, you're the one getting the explanation. She has played games before. And it was stated she's an artist so she probably has talent and maybe that's how she got the contract.

You've made this thread before.

Are you that much of a loser that you feel the need to make a forced meme?

She sent a portfolio of her high school art club work to EAGLESOFT, got an interview and the lesbian in HR hired her.

>how does someones get a job at a software company, with absolutely nothing prior to that.
I just sent a CV, without any experience or studies. In the interview, they asked stuff like "what's your favorite game?". And then I started out like a QA tester for java ported games at Gameloft.
I learned a lot in the company (they had a lot of documentation and learning programs) and ended up as international QA team leader for iOS updates.

They closed the studio soon after, despite it being one of the most productive ones. Gameloft worked with some really shitty policies, so they were constantly closing studios and opening new ones in cheaper places.

They got what they deserved.

There are more jobs in software in Japan generally speaking. But if you were in, say, Silicon Valley, you could get hired just as easily.

>art club
You know they have art schools at the high school level, right?

I understand japanese do stuff differently but
I got a c++ dev job at a software company in a few months as cs uni dropout.

>stays until 9-10pm every night
It sounds like hell.

Family connections

The story was written by someone who does not understand game development, it is as simple as that. Learning a 3d modeling package and proper model construction for animation takes the better part of a year but they wrote it as if she learned it within a week. Beyond that in the latest episode they said she will have to complete a model on a daily basis which is laughably far to short of a time for even a character artist guru.

Now you have an answer why CGI in japanese anime is so shit, and 3D in games that arent by software giants is 1999th tier.

She makes low poligon meshes for shitty looking game. She doesnt even animate them, its job of the other girl. The texturing she does, if any at all, is plain one without any need for surface and lightning maps.

Considering she makes a non realistic low poligone background character models - even a monkey can do that.

Though yeah, more realistically her first job would be moddeling inanimate objects.

AFAIK the author worked in game development, hated it and quit to write a romanticised manga about it.

And to that, normally one woudnt even need to actually model the NPC body, let alone sculpt it in say ZBrush. There should be templates ready she can use from other NPCs/characters, as well simple tools to make human characters: all needed is changing proportions, and clothes.

You can't just change the clothes from what we have seen so far the vast bulk of the clothing is unique and will have to be made from scratch. Doing this is no trivial job because you have to be careful with edge flow and topology so that it animates properly. The same also applies for hair, one of the most time consuming things to model and have look good.

>- even a monkey can do that.

If it only took a day to do that and a week of training then /3/ would not be full of shit tier art.

>apprenticeships, how do they work?
>junior positions, how do they work?

Well one thing is for sure not like in this anime.

You do realize that the United States is the only country in the world that has done away with apprenticeships, junior positions, and training and that by far, the rest of the entire world prefers to take minimally-skilled applicants fresh out of school(or while still in school), to train them with their own methods, right?

The USA used to be like this. Which is why your grandpa keeps telling you to go and shake the boss's hand to get a job, and how experience and field doesn't matter.

There are too many jobs in the U.S.. That's the problem. Employers aren't going to waste money training someone if they are going to simply leave the minute they become skilled.

>people who've never had jobs bitching about working 12 hour days 7 days a week.

I do, I usually work for 3 months, get laid off, and sit on my ass for 3 months.

As long as you're getting paid half decent it's not that bad really. Working in construction is fun.

of course anime is not a job simulator. doesn't change the fact that companies train new employees, sometimes from ground up

>if they are going to simply leave the minute they become skilled.
If they leave the minute they become skilled that's indicative of deeper problems in your company.

actually he worked for 3 years in the games industry

There should be anime about a girl joining Illusion game company.

Or it's indicative of something wrong with your economy.

Businesses don't need to treat people like human beings with dignity for the most part, because they know that there are so many people on this earth, that someone else will fill your shoes, and probably for cheaper, and even if they mistreat all the workers in the country, they can just import Pajeet on an H1B for even cheaper.

It's more that America isn't a shithole that once you get into a company you're expected to stay there for the rest of your life.

People actually intend to move up in life instead of staying a grunt that makes 30k a year.

>women getting an important job just because they are pretty
Yeah, i'm sure this happens in the west too, a lot.

Not everyone can earn six figures, you know.

The earlier thread was deleted due to poor choice of image.

Im just genuinely curious. Not sure why you are so butthurt?

In most countries you look for promotions inside your company

Get a job in a Japanese MNC in your country, then get a transfer to their HQ in Japan.

I'm transferring to Tokyo in January

>I just sent a CV, without any experience or studies. In the interview, they asked stuff like "what's your favorite game?". And then I started out like a QA tester for java ported games at Gameloft.

What the fuck. I did studies and shit and can't get a single interview.
This shitty country need far more nice trucks.

>HR hired her
>not conducting a technical interview, evaluating and actually choosing with her immediate supervisor
Fucking human resources.
STOP HIRING INCOMPETENT EMPLOYEE
REEEEEEEEEE

>EAGLESOFT
Eagle Jump, dummy.

I stared my work as user admin in IT corporation where only requirement was any Masters degree and knowledge of english. Everything else is courses and trainings.

people dont care about experience unless you have nothing to show them about how good you are.

isn't it called Eagle Sharp in the manga?

ganbare for 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week

Even if the director is a woman?

>how does someones get a job at a software company, with absolutely nothing prior to that

You dont. Unless its a really shitty or small company. Or if they somehow couldnt find anyone else with actual experience.

I don't know about Japan but big companies in general doesnt give a fuck about anyone with less than 1 or 2 years of experience. And if someone with even a day more of experience than you shows up you lose the job.

>no 3 year vocational training with a standardized final exam in theory and practice that gives you a degree that is nationwide and beyond acknowledged that you're know what you're doing at your job
how do the rest of the world even compete

>blogshit
>non-Sup Forums discussion

This thread is cancer.