When did you realize that shoujo series have manlier male leads and more affectionate female leads than shounen...

When did you realize that shoujo series have manlier male leads and more affectionate female leads than shounen, which feature spineless male leads and abusive tsundere female leads?

When I realized that young women generally behave like young women and young men generally behave like young men.

15 years ago. Never looked back since

Gross over-generalization

>shounen, which feature spineless male

I don't remember Yusuke, Gon, Oga or Gintoki being spineless

Ichigo seems more like he doesn't really give much of a fuck about females and Rukia was always supportive in the strong, silent type of way.

Except when Yoruichi shoves her cat DIRECTLY in his face, and then he drops some spaghetti. To be fair pretty much everyone who isn't Urahara reacts the same because DAYUM

This only really applies to romances and it still depends. Male leads in shoujo (particularly when in co-ordination with a female MC) are designed as objects of reader affection/attraction. This can manifest successfully or unsuccessfully, and in different ways. There are shoujo guys that are moody assholes, bland sadboys, or idiots, because that's what makes the kokoro go dokidoki for some people.

But yeah, on the whole shonen romances are way worse and should be purged from the planet.

Long ago

That's why I joined the shoujo master race

If only the fights were cooler and the art wasn't hideous

>manly
If your definition of manly is "sadistic psychopath," sure.

>shounen
I think you're confused. The shounen cliche is superpure MCs who are about as aware of sex as a five-year-old.

But...that's pretty much what manly meant for most of history

Most ancient heroes would be considered dangerous sociopaths today

I don't know where you got this idea. Shoujo easily has its share of reverse haremshit full of cardboard cutout archetypes.

Then you have the typical abusive edgy rapist male love interests that basically fill the role of tsunderes, where the protagonist gradually convinces them of their true feelings or some shit

>for most of history
But our conversation takes place today, so I doubt he's using the 2000 B.C. definition of manly.
>...

>reads shoujo
>wants cooler fights and better art

Then...why not just read shounen or seinen?

This only works with Shoujo where the MC is a male, or when we have a male-female combo from the start(like in your pic).

Shoujo manga where the MC is male is usually a recipe for fun

I want a ntr doujin of this shit
Something like the girl is a huge slut and constantly cock blocks him

That's generally what girls consider manly. Not giving a shit about anyone, still being respected, and violently dealing with foes. Even in Nippon.

It's an entertaining peek into the minds of primitive creatures. The more evolved gender champions heroes who are selfless, friendly, noble, loyal, hard workers, and determined.

The shoujo hero is a barbarian, the modern hero is a knight.

> The more evolved gender

>manlier male leads and more affectionate female leads

Seinen > shoujo > shonen when it comes to romance. As many awful harems as seinen has, shoujos almost always devolve into shitty misunderstanding drama. Every time.

Shonen are shit because most of the time there is a main heroine who the MC pays absolutely no attention to until the end where she's his prize and try hook up.

It's almost as if the self-insert wants the characters around the MC to be assertive or something, regardless of gender.

Just curious. do you actually believe those to be genres?

If you're male and you read romantic shoujo manga, chances are you're a major cuck or someone with a tranny disorder.

Normalfag pls

I dont see the word Genre anywhere in his post

>Except when Yoruichi shoves her cat DIRECTLY in his face
This never happened.
It never happens in battle shonen.

>implying it's not true
Schopenhauer already realised this in the 19th century. Like Hegel said that the nature of the warrior is betrayed in the weapons of his choice, the nature of the sexus sequior is betrayed in its romantic ideals.

This.

when did you realize that s2 never?

Honestly I don't likes shoujo with sadistic psycho love interests. My favorite shoujo all have genuinely good guys who act a bit tsun at first win.

Even if I wind up rooting for someone else. Hotohori > Tamahome.

Curious, where do you rank josei?

Reminder that namedropping won't save you.

No, I just prefer the story focusing on a qt I'd gladly marry instead of a generic male.

Diabolik lovers is the greatest love story there is

Are there harems in shoujo series? Evil girls that the protagonist has to defeat to get the man of her heart?

They both occupy one extreme of the scale, and neither is good. Shounen/harem leads are clueless idiots, shoujo male leads are sociopathic assholes. Real men are an extremely rare thing in Japan.

I find that's more of a problem in BL than in straight shoujo manga

Reverse harems exist, but not much.

There's also shounen-ai/gay shit that sometimes can have a harem.

Reverse harem is far more common. I've seen one rival show up a lot, but I can't think of anything where there was a whole harem of them.

Half of the time during my young, girly days shoujo manga frustrated me because the MC was still stuck in a love triangle and I ended up wishing the mangaka developed more on the side couples.

>cuck
Kill yourself.

So can anyone here recommend some shoujo and seinen romance manga? What are the popular ones?

that makes sense since they appeal to different demographics

That's most of the shoujo manga out there.
>Love interest is popular and has a fan club
>MC gets develops a relationship either way as a deredere or tsundere
>fangirls get pissed
>Confronts MC in bathroom or behind the school building
>MC saved by love interest#2 who is equally popular and opposite personality of #1

It's just that the manga isn't devoted to having a story of girls socially defeating each other for this one boy. And sadly, they don't get much scenes after unless they befriended the MC.

>romance
I had a list and you ripped it.

Kimi ni Todoke
Ouran High School Host Club - I prefer the anime though.
Nijiiro Days

Unlike you, I have read Schopenhauer an Hegel. In the German original, I might add.

Which is why you like to see said "qt" with a fabulous bull to fuel your cucking fantasies.

No one cares, take it to /lit/ or /his/.

Okay, doesn't have to be romance then. What would you recommend from your list?

get out, unless you tell us a series with cute girls discussing cute philosophy

>get told
>"i-i didn't even care"
This is why you're not supposed to argue with women.

I rather have a spineless male lead than a two male one female love triangle.
Also many female leads in shoujos are also either spinless shy girls or autistic bitchy girls.
And i don't like Bishōnens.

But whatever seinen is anyway way better than shoujo or shounen.

I probably just have tastes different from the average shoujo reader, but I found few series that can properly pull off the sadistic psycho male lead. My favorite is a male yandere with generous amounts of dere so that he stays likable, but this is a rare type unfortunately.

>typical male MC in shoujo

>tall
>athletic
>a lot of either pent up or quite open anger
>complete inability to bow to authority
>dysfunctional family
>street "smart" rather than book smart

Women are fucking disgusting t b h f a m, but they want my cock. And that's why you whiteys are mad.

daily reminder that women wanting niggers is a forced meme, and that black men get the least replies in online dating

I don't read shoujo because I'm not a girl. Josei is a gray area, but when it comes to shoujo any man who is seriously into it is simply not a man at all. Of course they'll try to justify this abnormal behavior, but so do bronies or pokefags.

shoujo protagonists act like niggers but they don't look like it

>not a man at all
You realize that you're on a board for little girls to talk about anime featuring little girls like themselves having fun, right? Why would anyone care about being a man?

Because Japanese women in general prefer more manly males while most anime watching nip males are herbivores. So in anime male watches get the spineless mcs in order to not feel threatened and females get their manly males.

This explanation never made sense to me, because most anons are herbivores too but everyone hates the typical LN MCs.

Nip herbivores are on a whole other level. Even herbivore anons can be considered manly compared to them.

Haru a shit though.
As time when on, I disliked him more and more until the thing eventually ended.

On your question, your overgeneralizing way too much. If anything, typical shounen leads are pretty vanilla.

>Even herbivore anons can be considered manly compared to them.
Doubt

>appeal to authority devoid of substance
>told
Pick one.

I don't think you understand what the average user is like, let alone the more extreme ones.

I may be exaggerating a bit but my point of nip males' legendary herbivore status still stands. Anons in general haven't reached that stage yet.

>Even herbivore anons can be considered manly compared to them.
Don't underestimate us!

This.

Also, most people who are seriously into it aren't men but they're trannies or landwhales.

>everyone hates the typical LN MCs.
You're projecting. A vocal minority of fags and landwhales is not 'everyone'.

Entire show is shit aside from puke-chan.
Haru is an angry manchild and Shizuku is a bitch. Their relation keeps flip-flopping with their mood-swings.

How do little girls deal with all the drama in shoujo? Seems like girls in shoujo manga can't find happiness without getting beaten, betrayed, lied to, bullied and raped first.

Most anons haven't fapped to 3D in years and certainly have no female friends. It's hard to be more of an herbivore than that, barring outright hikkis who literally never see women who aren't their moms (and we have our fair share of those, too).

It's their fetish and they think it's romantic to suffer for love.

Those kind of series don't run in magazines aimed at actual little girls, they run in magazines aimed at teens and/or adults (yes, there are shoujo magazines explicitly aimed at 20-somethings).

Where is the appeal to authority you subhuman?

I said:
>Like Hegel said that the nature of the warrior is betrayed in the weapons of his choice, the nature of the sexus sequior is betrayed in its romantic ideals.

I referenced a quote by Hegel to make a different(!) point, using Schopenhauer's expression of the sexus sequior in reference to women whose inferiority is displayed in their atavistic romantic ideals. This is not an appeal to authority, no matter how you look at it.

Reading German isn't particularly impressive, nor is having read Schopenhauer and Hegel.
That sort of argument of authority only has effect on sixteen year olds.

Shoujo romance tends to involve a lot of infidelity and melodrama, which just makes most of the characters unlikable

You're trading one piece of shit for another, most good romance is seinen anyways

Refer to .

Just fucking stop responding to him already, I came into a shoujo thread for shoujo discussion and got some retarded Sup Forums shitfest instead.