Hideaki Anno apologizes

oricon.co.jp/news/2075319/full/
web.archive.org/web/20160719162134/http://kotaku.com/an-apology-to-evangelion-fans-from-hideaki-anno-1783903322

>“To all the Evangelion fans, I’m really, really keeping you all waiting,” Anno recently said (via Oricon). “I am truly sorry.”
>“Up until then, after doing the third entry Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, I thought I wasn’t going to make any more,” Anno said.

In other words, with Anno not even thinking he'd make a sequel to 3.33, it is further confirmed that 3.33 really was nonsensical garbage thrown together in a masturbatory way from Anno's team. There was no plan forward, and by the looks of things, still isn't.

The obvious seemed to be the truth after all. It really puts into perspective how deluded the otaku fanbase of Evangelion is, thinking they'd get a sequel within months after 3.33 as it was "only half a movie". That was in 2012.

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=0XAIXP937Ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for posting the same thread word for word again I missed the last one.

Go back to fucking reddit you fucking imbecile piece of shit.
Fucking summerfags holy shit.

Kotaku-less edition.

Seriously, whoever makes 4.0 (because it sure won't be Anno) should just go full Gurren Lagann and have the biggest dumbest happiest feel good ending ever, with just a giant big dumb fight at end with big dumb giant robots smashing the shit out of each other with crazy tacticool unpracticle weapons and over the top bullshit. It's the only way anyone is going to get any enjoyment out of this, Anno doesn't care about and it's clear the crew can't replicate his style, so just go "fuck it' and do whatever.

Most likely, the crew will commandeer it, if they haven't already. Expect heavy pandering in the style 3.33 gave you.

In 4.0 it is revealed that Mari is the big bad.
She splits into many clones together with her Eva Unit and fights all other Eva Units.
She wins and it is revealed she is a gickgirl wanting to bang all of humanity in their asses and she does so.
She cums, 4th Impact occurs, everything becomes Rei.

>have the biggest dumbest happiest feel good ending ever
>implying Asukafags, Reifags and Kawoufags will feel good about their favorite character not winning the Shinjibowl

>She wins and it is revealed she is a gickgirl wanting to bang all of humanity in their asses and she does so.
some hentai artist could work on this

OP, you really should have just ditched the second link entirely and stuck with the first one. Apply yourself more.

with Rei q, Reifags will not be interest in the shinjibowl, in nge Rei was a deity she didn't need to win a shinjibowl

Jesus its a stupid mecha harem with a thousands hours of screen time get over it

Mecha is just idol shit from last decade

Well, as a Rei fan I never cared that much about winning the Shinjibowl. Rei never won any such thing to begin with, so I can't be a fan of Rei for that reason.

I won't be sated with a happy ending though, not before the blood of Asukafags and Kaworufags has been spilt. It is necessary to end this era of unstoppable focus-pandering and to clean the slate, paving way for an Evangelion which can focus on quality and remain neutral in waifu wars.

Sadly, Evangelion's fanbase in rough drafts was one that prided itself to be above other fanbases because Evangelion was "intellectual" and "anti escapism". While Evangelion has those elements indeed, there's no pride in thinking you're above children who watch cartoons.

With how Evangelion has evolved, this same arrogant fanbase now pretends they're above other fanbases despite how Evangelion has been entirely transformed into a haven for escapist otaku.

You say that, but remember, people like 2.2

There's nothing wrong with 2.22 in itself. Any liberties it took could have been developed into worthy additions in the rest of the story.

Except thqt is a shallow piece of shit with paper thin characters.

So were the characters in the first six episodes. Then the next six.
The characters aren't shallow or paper thin given the context.

>He explained that Evangelion is his soul, and that it has worn him down to nothing, and that after 3.0, he wasn’t sure he was going to make another Eva film.
>He went on to explain that while Godzilla has delayed Evangelion, it has also revitalized him, and that without it, it is uncertain if he would return to Evangelion at all

>Anno is literally feigning for sympathy

Pathetic

I hope Asuka end have that purported omitted live action section from EoE:
>Asuka waking up. (24 years old)
6-mat (9' x 12') one-room apartment. (extremely "lived-in" feel)
>TV sounds can be heard from the lower apartment.
>A naked man lies sleeping next to her on the bed.
>Asuka raises her upper body and stares blankly. (camera = bird's eye view)

>Asuka:
"A dream?"
>[Eye-catch] B? type only. English title: "I need you."
>6-mat one-room apartment.
Clothing and a bra lie scattered on the messy floor where they were cast off last night.
>Asuka sits up.
>Naked man sleeping next to her. (face not shown)
>Asuka:
"Idiot Touji?"
>Touji sleeps sprawling on the bed. (about 24 years old)
>Asuka:
"I see. I drank on the way home from work and ended up sleeping with this jerk again." (not sure, but Kobe dialect)
>Asuka:
"Lately when we see each other that's all we do..."
>Asuka:
"Men...You let them do it with you once and from then on that's all there is.
I wonder if they think about anything else..."
>Asuka:
"Well, I guess if you do it once, then it's no different from a hundred times."

>kotaku.com/
Kill yourself.

>There's nothing wrong with 2.22 in itself.
ZA BEASTO

Nothing wrong.

For gods sakes it links to the archive and the original japanese link. They get no views.

Are you yanking my chain?

That doujin where she and asuka femdom shinji is the best. j

Hiro should archive tumbrl content here then

Just give up....

But do check mine

3.0 was a steaming pile of idiot plot. I want to explain thoroughly to Anno how much of a George Lucas hack he has become.

Checked

Hideaki user

Anno is far worse than Lucas.

I wonder if it's possible to contact Anno in any way. I'd like to let him know a few things or two.

Anno is used to stinky otaku sending him letters, i doubt having them in english would phase him any more.

that said 3.33 was a pile of stupid shit.

OLD HAGS so butthurt with Shinji they adamantly refuse to TALK to him even, which results in him leaving with teh rei and THEN the stupid fucking CUNTS get mad that he LEFT the salty ship of crusty vaginas

those gayer than 2 men having sex on the beach, pretentious piano scenes with kowaru

Gendo is still just sitting in his now half-ruined office in the wrecked Geofront with his fingers clasped under his chin not even giving a single fuck.

and that's basically all I remember. although, I seem to remember at some point Anno was promising that 3.0 was going to be about the epic battle waged that brought the Geofront to ruins and might've actually had Mari DOING SOMETHING besides being enigmatic.

Oh, shut up. He's almost the exact opposite of Lucas.

Insofar Lucas is good, yes.

Shippers should all be purged. Eat shit, kid.

I'm willing to bet you're a butthurt shippers yourself, because Asuka is slutting it up with Toji and not your self insert Shinji.

Nah, fuck shipping in it's entirety.
>le slut maymay
Don't you have /r9k/ to be browsing you PUA wanna-be? Stop polluting my hobby with your bandwagoning you fucksmock.

Confirmed Autistic Asukafag mad because it was mentioned that Asuka was slutting it up with Toji.

They can just do another time loop and bring Kaworu back. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Bet he hasn't even started work on it yet the cunt. Oh well, he'll just shit out another clusterfuck and call it a day I guess.

>bringing Kaworu back
To redeem himself, he needs to shit on Kaworu something fierce.

>getting this triggered over the word slut
Holy shit

EVA was always nonsensical shit so nothing new here

Observe

I haven't seen the rebuilds yet. I'll do it when the we get closer to 4.0. They'll probably be crap anyway.

I don't care about the word, it's being used by some chucklefuck ESL to try and describe my waifu.

3.0 got action shinji in it.

So you are a butthurt shipper?

So. 4.0 never? At least a fucking closure would be nice.

>If you don't want you're waifu to be called a slut, you're a shipper xD

Autism

>>>/tumblr/

Can you cut it with the samefagging? It's getting pretty obnoxious. Not to mention it was already clarified here For good measure

Fuck off to tumblr if you're gonna get triggered

3.0 is gonna be the end.

But lets be honest, he couldn't even bin the franchise after EoE. I doubt he will do anything else even if Godzilla Resurgence performs well.

Also, I wasn't here for the last thread but I can't be the only one who thought the OP couldn't ad hominem harder.

>doesn't even read the post
>>>/reddit/
Now stop derailing the thread you petulant faggot. I cannot help it if Rei is a colossal whore.

Next year will make it a decade since 1.0 was released. How does that make you feel?

Stay autistic homie

I'm glad I'm not a teenager who's just discovered Evangelion, so I don't have to give a shit about this just like I haven't in over 15 years. And the same goes for Berserk. I say this because I know a kid who is in that situation and I actually feel sorry for him, but he's too dumb to appreciate good things yet anyways.

How mature of you! You deserve a prize for your maturity.

You're dealing with the shitposter known as "Fireposter" or "Autistic Asukafag".

He is quite literally insane and gets banned multiple times as week. Autistic is spot on.

fires of gehenna.exe

You fucks just don't get it.

Add up the movie numbers. I'll wait, I know it'll take you a while.

Lucas is shit, if it weren't for other staff members basically making a good film out of complete nonsense, Star Wars would have been shit, and the only thing worthwhile he's done that wasn't Star Wars, which he proved was a complete fluke due to other people's input, and a collaboration with Steven Spielberg is American Graffiti. Anno has contributed much more to anime as a medium between his work as an animator/designer and his roles in Gainax and Khara than Lucas has.

>I know a kid who is in that situation
>he's too dumb to appreciate good things yet anyways.
Do you sit next to him on the short bus?

Japan is just woefully incompetent at proper planning any sort of anime or related thing. Either everything gets rushed the fuck out or bogged the fuck down in production hell.

The posting quality would be just as shit either way. You memeing about reddit for the 50000th time isn't improving anything either, it's just equally annoying stock shitposting. Reddit also has better posting quality resources and ability to stay on topic while Sup Forums is the slime of the internet that I all but worthless to anyone at this rate. Fucking fight me over it Sup Forums shitposters.

You first memer

sounds good. You don't need people's baggage with this franchise trust me

>Gurren Lagann
>happiest feel good ending

See Until You Come to Me as a closure. Shinji resets the universe because Rebuild fucking sucks and we all can pretend it never happened. The end

I'm honestly more looking forward to his Godzilla movie than 4.0 or whatever it's gonna be called.

Anno is shit, if it weren't for other staff members basically making a good film out of complete nonsense, Evangelion would have been shit, and the only thing worthwhile he's done that wasn't Evangelion, which he proved was a complete fluke due to other people's input, and a collaboration with Ghibli is Nadia. Lucas has contributed much more to cinema as a medium between his work as an animator/designer and his roles in LucasArts and ILM than Anno has.

Lucas has done way more for cinema than Anno has done for anime.

Read up on ILM and what Lucas did with the Star Wars success. There's a fair bit of people and a series of top tier studios that wouldn't exist without the guy.

Anno hoarded all his money, and gave nothing back. His company had several key members arrested for serious tax fraud while Lucas gave away motorcycles and millions to the original crew.

Gainax fired people and allegedly didn't pay their animators.

Anno is cancer.

>As it turns 40 this year, ILM can claim to have played a defining role making effects for 317 movies. But that’s only part of the story: Pixar began, essentially, as an ILM internal investigation. Photoshop was invented, in part, by an ILM employee tinkering with programming in his time away from work. Billions of lines of code have been formulated there. Along the way ILM has put tentacles into pirate beards, turned a man into mercury, and dominated box office charts with computer-generated dinosaurs and superheroes. What defines ILM, however, isn’t a signature look, feel, or tone—those change project by project. Rather, it’s the indefatigable spirit of innovation that each of the 43 subjects interviewed for this oral history mentioned time and again. It is the Force that sustains the place.

holy shit

Anno is fucking nothing

That's saying Lucas is solely responsible for that shit. He is not. Lucas, like Anno, work best in a collaborative environment where they have restrictions and people who tell them "No, that's not a good idea." Look at what happened to both when they were given free reign over all creative aspects. Star Wars Prequels and Rebuild.

Art does not exist in a vacuum. These men cannot handle working by themselves.

This is about more than art you nimwit. It's about what they contributed to cinema, the medium.

Lucas was a pioneer that dreamt up wonderful innovations. He makes a list of things that eventually becomes all the fancy shit you take for granted to day. The pixar, a visual computer that allows for editing of films - live. Did you know that when they cut video into a full film that time, they LITERALLY cut it? Well no more, thanks to Lucas and his actions. He goes on to work on projects that year on year wins oscars and awards for technical merit. New techniques, innovations fucking everywhere.

>but Anno made two poor movies and some directed a few episodes of some cartoons!

Lucas is a giant. He may have offend the fans, but he is a giant. Educate yourself.

Arguably, Lucas has done more for anime than Anno has...

What a faggot. Well, it was obvious from preview in 2.22 and all that bullshit that was 3.33. Well, fuck him.

>than 4.0 or whatever it's gonna be called
Evangelion: 4.0 You Can (Not) Film It

If you really want to talk about influence, then you need to consider that Star Wars was heavily inspired by Kurosawa films.

Are you mentally retarded, or do you think actually think that has anything to do with the current topic?

No need to be this weeb

The latter.

Lucas` influence on anime is tertiary. He directly ripped Japanese sources.

Why cant you see the correlation?

but it`s true, and relevant. the Lucas influence is reaching very, very hard

>the people who thought the sequel was always right around the corner

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anno is a hack.

>Why cant you see the correlation?
Because there literally is none.

Not only is that completely irrelevant, but Star Wars and Evangelion alike are notorious for drawing inspiration and downright copying other works.

Anno animated this by the way.

>[loud indiscrete coughing]

youtube.com/watch?v=0XAIXP937Ac

>Evangelion
>Happiness
nice joke