Can someone please explain the appeal of this show to me? For a show that is so beloved by so many...

Can someone please explain the appeal of this show to me? For a show that is so beloved by so many, it's so generic and uninteresting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xnt5zE-Cu1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You need to watch all of it before you can pass judgement.

>this thread again

I literally just finished the entire thing. Also why did the final battle of the Chimera Ant saga suddenly turn to constant narration and take like 20 episode for one hour of time to pass? Best arc my ass, it was slow as molasses.

Then pick a criticism. Is it generic or did "strange" choices like the narration in the CA arc weird you out? Can't be both.

>Thinking the two are mutually exclusive

not that user but chimera ant pacing was slow as fuck
like 70 episodes with like 2 events

Going from one generic style to another is still generic. I just heard over and over people gushing over this show and how it was so much better than other shonen shows when it's the exact same bullshit.

I was actually having fun during the first arc until it revealed the whole "lol there's actually this superpower thing called Nen that everyone has and that clown guy actually has a power level of 6000000 XDDDD". Can't we have a nice adventure show without getting into power level bullshit and uncontrolled power creep? That would be nice

babys first shonen. it sucks absolute cock and the author is one of the most notorious parasites of the industry. kys if you support this fraud

Cute shotas

>I can't enjoy a show without waifus

This is how fucking pathetic you haters are, can't you watch a single show without wanting to masturbate to the characters?

youtube.com/watch?v=xnt5zE-Cu1A

>Also why did the final battle of the Chimera Ant saga suddenly turn to constant narration and take like 20 episode for one hour of time to pass?

Because that's how it was in the manga.

>digibro

>that wall of text

Killua is cute!

>The only redeeming characteristic of Hxh is that there are no cute girls

He is the official e-celeb of Sup Forums.

Not that user, but the narration was overly done. I felt like I already knew what was going through their minds I didn't need it spoofed to me.

nen was hinted so many times
>murderous clown who throws cards and murder people WITH CARDS

Not everybody has nen, it's literally a hidden requirement for hunters to be hunters. Did you even read/watch the show?

Fucking disgusting. At this point Togashi should have just written a fucking book. Clearly he has difficulty telling a story through art and has to overly rely on dialogue and narration.

2011 is trash and water is wet.

Where's that autistic CAfag who constantly dumps manga pages and uses ad-hominems to hide his butthurt?

> hurrr foreshadowing

whatever those hints supposedly were, they were just done so you could go "wooow, it was hinted at after all!" in retrospect. nobody sane would ever expect something like nen without knowing about it beforehand.

this is why foreshadowing is cancer. it's done deliberately so that no one can get a twist before it actually happens, and once it actually happens, kneejerkers can wack off to the 'foreshadowing'.

>Clearly this person has monstrous skill and dexterity. The precision needed to kill by throwing a playing card shows the gap in experience between this character and our hero.

>lol jk just magic

>generic and uninteresting
Wew lad, the only way you could have made a more empty and meaningless criticism would be by calling it overrated
Because you're watching a trash adaptation, read the manga

And the MC beats people up with a fishing pole. What's your point?

>read the manga

>clown kills people with cards
>this is "hinting" at magic spirit powers

really starting to believe that it is just one user making these threads

I don't see how Hisoka being able to kill someone with playing cards is evidence that Nen was foreshadowed. You could apply the same logic to Gon or Killua, who regularly commit superhuman feats far before Nen is introduced. Togashi isn't some godlike writer and not everything is foreshadowing.

The entire point of this page was to convey Welfin's mental breakdown and the thought process that lead him to saying "Komugi"

What I hate more than anything isn't the boring tropes. It isn't the overly-expositional narration. It isn't even the art scribblish art. What I hate more than anything is the Goddamn boring story where every setup to every arc is graced with a terrible anticlimax before moving on.

Every single arc has arguably good buildup to the finale, but there's never any damn payoff. It's like Togashi gets bored with his own settings and rushes the end so he can start a new one. It's pathetic.

Not to justify it or anything, but Togashi has been doing that for decades.

No shit. That doesn't make any less garbage. In fact, lazily scribbling in exactly what a character is thinking over multiple paragraphs blotting out any illustration is the worst possible way to convey this point.

chop your dick off nigger
oh boy oh boy, let me ask you a question:1999 or 2011?

more like babys first seinen

and im glad it exist, the genre of death games is p good and it needs more readers

>posting scans that were redrawn 13 years ago
I know you weren't born yet back then but that's still no excuse.

WROOOONG!s

>lol there's actually this superpower thing

Because someone like Illumi literally shapechaging is totally normal, right?

>the only good payoff/climax is some epik fight between the MC and the big bad
I thought you tried to complain about tropes
>the worst possible way to convey this point
It's very efficient at conveying how much is going through his head through this short amount of time and consistent with Welfin's character whose main trait is overthinking the shit out of everything
Am i being baited or are you this much of a pseudo intellectual?

Yeah, dipshit. He changed his face around and used pins to hold it in place. It was creepy and unsettling.

At least until you find out later that they're magic pins that use magic to alter your face if you have a high enough power level.

>holding your breath for an extended amount of time is the same as slicing through people like butter with cards and using needles that change bone structure

>Yeah, dipshit. He changed his face around and used pins to hold it in place. It was creepy and unsettling.

And it was fucking IMPOSSIBLE because people's faces don't fucking work that way without magic.

>power level
Where did you even get that from? Abilities don't equate to powerlevels you dumb memer, just like the opposite is also true
At this point all you're complaining about is because it has a power system without making a coherent argument why you don't like it

It's almost like it's a manga or something.

lol i showed this to a female friend whos generic af, typical FB girl and that. She said the same thing as you loooool, you pretty much share mems on FB about relationships, dogs and wanting cuddles

You know what's lame?
People complaining about how a power works in certain manga/anime. We question this work like crazy but moeshit never questioned how it works. Moeshitters are ruining manga/anime.

>lol
>af
>looooo
>mems

Holy fuck kill yourself.

being baited bro

Then what's wrong with having Nen, it's a manga so that shouldn't be a problem?

did you come here from reddit too? bored of you autistic kids

If he was a pseudo-intellectual he'd be sucking the CA arc's dick.

Nah, pseudo-intellectual think they're above shounen no matter how good the show actually is.

But pseudo-intellectuals hate the CA arc because it has narration. They also generally claim the Yorkshin arc is the best in the series and one of the best in manga in general.

The same reason One Piece is popular
Normal people like trash, it's a fact

>generic

nice meme.

I'm glad you know how every narration in media should be. mister genius.

CUTE LITTLE BOYS

Also Pitou.

but Pitou is a boy too

doesnt she count?

>boy who wants to find his father
>boy who wants to find his purpose besides killing people
>boy who wants to find out who killed his clan
>boy who wants to help people be cured of diseases
>all have a common goal and never forget what they want in life
>generic

Tell me one thing that's generic about this anime.

Implying shonen isn't "generic"

Pitou is an ant.

It's time to settle this
Define "generic" in a way that makes it anything more than a dumb buzzword

Having no particularly distinctive quality or application.

I'm not gonna defend Togashi's storytelling style, but that page in particular is just niggastream being shit at translating. Viz's translation has a little more than half as many words.

Oh my god Chimera arc is so fucking FRUSTRATING.

I literally just watched a whole episode of Welkin and Ikalgo who probably aren't even relevant towards the end talk about stupid shit and Ikalgo finally not being a bitch.

Does this really need a full episodes dedicated towards it.

Where's that retarded avatar poster... oh wait there you are.

But Welfin literally beats the king at the end dumb nigger.

>Welkin and Ikalgo who probably aren't even relevant towards the end
Welkin is probably the most important character.

>talking shit before finishing it
Welfin has one of the most important scenes in the entire arc towards the end you dumb fuck
Also how the fuck did you get out of my filter?

Well I am an idiot then, I guess I won't post until I finish it.

I just had to get that off because HxH cock teases so much with fights and then you get episodes like this.

>Well I am an idiot then
We already knew that, no need to say it.

HxH is the opposite of generic.

>Welfin and Ikalgo
>irrelevant

>Well I am an idiot then
About time you figured this out.

Change your name to Luffy already.

ITT: fags thinking narrating everything the character does is good kek. Show > Tell

Literally our boy.

Fucking illiterates trying to justify their fear of words with SHOW DONT TELL BROO

>trying to make arguments with hyperboles
Try to type without your uncle's cock in your mouth

Commit suicide

HxH appeals to 12y old boys and people who like watching shows with two 12y olds boys exploring their sexaulity together

Fucking kill yourself

YEAH SHOW DO NOT TELL IS LITERAL LAW IN HOLLYWOOD AND THEY EXCECUTE EVERYONE NOT FOLLOWING IT.

Tell me about your shota fantasy user.

It's kinds like D. Gray Man for me. Generic and uninteresting

LOL at all the speedwatcher fags saying nen is bullshut & wasn't foreshadow. They missed the part where Hisoka turn a guy's arm into flower pedals because they don't fucking pay attention to the episodes.

>animescum
That was badhouse censorship.

If you need narration to understand the fucking obvious then you're mentally retarded.

Why would they censor that, but show gon impailing pitou with his own arm?

I'm sure that there are some 2011fags who actually believe this.

People who complain about it often miss shit that the narration explicitely says so clearly there is someone in that equation who is clinically retarded.

arre you sayin g madhosue made it worse by foreshadowing nen?

>why would madhouse do (stupid shit)?
No one will ever know
That wasn't foreshadowing, it was terrible censorship and didn't foreshadow shit, Hisoka is never seen being able to do anything like that

Personally, I think it's more a complaint because it started off as a show without all that power level bullshit, only to have it shoved in 30 episodes in; when nearly all action anime has it, it was so refreshing to have a show that simply didn't.

>No one will ever know
We do know, though, different timeslot for the CA arc meant they didn't have to censor as much.