Re Zero Episode 15

Why did people like this episode so much and are praising the director? The directing was fine and the episode was a snorefest. Legit question.

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/speak?s=t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>snorefest

There was a literal fucking clown there and a game of twister set up just for the viewer's entertainment, you must be really boring at parties desu senpai

>Torture is a snorefest

Wew lad

>snorefest

>underage

>literally copied from aava the king's pet

holy shit, did they bury the creativity under their asses?

Episode was great. I just didnt like how Subaru woke up so fast from his broken state and left the cult cave with ease. Why the fuck was he even taken prisoner if they were just going to let him leave like that?
Also Rem somehow still alive after getting her neck and body twisted.

The fuck is aava? Is that some gay novel you normally read user?

>torture is fun
Why? Subaru wasn't even reacting. The whole episode was just the weird guy saying a bunch of shit while Subaru pretended to be a vegetable

>Also Rem somehow still alive after getting her neck and body twisted.
Probably because she's more resistant than a human or something

The episode is like shooting Liquid Kino into your vein. You don't even have to like Re:Zero before or after that which is what i did.

Yeah but MUH DIRECTING and shiet

you just don't get it

It wasn't supposed to be fun retard

>a game of twister set up just for the viewer's entertainment
I wasn't the one who implied it was. And what was it supposed to be?

google
> aava the king's pet

IRC?

>Dark souls

Also why did everyone suck this ending's dick so much? It was cool, but they make it sound like it was something new or amazing

Because the only people who are watching this garbage are Sup Forumsedditors who haven't seen any other anime besides one punch man and gurren lagann

Because the rest of us don't have autism and can enjoy things that are universally praised

Because every other fucking episode has followed a very basic and very boring formula of:
>I died but suddenly I'm alive again, hmm!! dream, dunno, lol.
>oops, I died again
>time to reboot, I still have 200 more lives in this vidya game
>oops, I died again, time to reboot
>reboot
>reboot
>damn, I really fucked that relationship up, time to jump off a cliff to reboot and get it right the next time
>reboot
>reboot
>etc.
Subaru has acted so nonchalant and normal about all his various deaths and the deaths of other people, that I have to think he has near sociopathic levels of empathy deficiency - maybe you could say he only developed that later in the anime, but he wasn't all that shaken even by his first death. He took it about like some people take getting fired from their job - stunned at first, but after a sip of water and a nap, he calmed down and became rational again. That's NOT how he should be reacting to his or someone else's death. I'd expect no less than near mental breakdown for multiple days, and very slow reorientation to his present situation. The new arc got this right to a certain extent.

Also, he hasn't really faced any real adversaries yet. The worst he has been faced with so far was enemies that would instantly kill him in a way that could easily be avoided by making one decision differently in his next life. With episode 15, suddenly he is faced with an enemy who won't let him die, another enemy that is so overwhelming and untimely that it's not at all obvious how he could possibly get past it, and the task of saving not only himself or himself plus another girl, but now he has to save an entire village and salvage his relationship with Emilia that he fucked up.

Another positive about this arc is that Subaru's relationship with Rem has moved to a very pleasant place with believable feelings, which makes her death that much more painful, not only for him, but mainly for the viewer. Emilia was only ever just a pretty face.

Because it had a WACKY clown guy on top of the usual edge so all the kids thought it was amazing, but they can't admit they have shit tastes so they make up some good sounding reasons to praise it for instead. Since it's just a shallow excuse anyway, they latch onto the easiest thing, which, in this case, is the cinematic text scroll end, and use a vague enough word for it that they can easily ignore criticism.

The only good part of the episode was Subaru craddling Rem. That actually managed to have some emotional weight, despite everything before it being edgy as fuck and everything after just happening without much reason.

It was unexpected

I agree, the plot is great. But why was the directing so special? Half of the episode nothing happens.

>The new arc got this right to a certain extent.
But that only makes it worse. You could make sense of someone who started out being deeply affected by death slowly becoming more out of touch as he experiences it over and over and becomes desensitized to it, but it doesn't make sense how someone who, until now, has brushed things off in a relatively short time and even killed himself on purpose to get a redo would suddenly become deeply traumatized by it.

You're right about Rem giving him an interpersonal relationship that's actually believable as a source of motivation, but his primary motivation seems to still be his weird dependency on Emilia.

They weren't going to let him leave. They kept him there temporarily because they weren't sure what to do with him. They had no reason to believe he could escape since the only one who could help him, Rem, was presumably dead.

Subaru was not pretending, though. So many people misinterpreted Betelgeuse's comment...

Really ? Bu that's why Betelgeuse said nah ?

I don't believe I praised the directing, did I? It's the writing that has improved by leaps and bounds with this new arc. The only difference in directing was that end of episode scene that everybody keeps posting , which does have a pretty dramatic effect in that episode, but, since it's just a one-off type of tone, I have to write it off as flashiness and decoration.

>But that only makes it worse. You could make sense of someone who started out being deeply affected by death slowly becoming more out of touch as he experiences it over and over and becomes desensitized to it, but it doesn't make sense how someone who, until now, has brushed things off in a relatively short time and even killed himself on purpose to get a redo would suddenly become deeply traumatized by it.
I'm not trying to say that it makes any sense for him to start off being unaffected and suddenly get so traumatized by something he'd have experienced a dozen times already. I'm just saying that it's better that the writing got it right eventually. I wish they'd done something like this from the start.

>Subaru was not pretending, though.
Then why was he able to snap back to reality so quickly?

cool bait
1/10

He was only half broken. Rem's death waked him up.

Yeah but with so many cult members you would think that they would have a guard or two by the entrance so no one comes in or out.

>half broken
>waked him up

I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

because he saw this

>why do people like things I don't?

Really

There is literally no reason to guard a cave with an angry chained guy and a dead body
It's highly unlikely that the dead body will break the angry guy's chains

Baituron pls

I don't think you have been paying attention during the earlier episodes. He's seen girls he liked die in front of his eyes quite a few times before.

That's why he woke up when he saw someone he likes (Rem) being tortured by Betelgeuse. Moreover, he currently spends more time with Rem than anyone else.

>He's seen girls he liked die in front of his eyes quite a few times before.

This is the exact reason why I found it so weird that Subaru only got mind broken this far into the series.
I mean if it was going to happen it should have been like after the second or third death. I'm not counting but I'm pretty sure he already died at least ten times.

Die, yes. Being tortured to death, no. One would think there's a difference.

You're off topic now. The question is whether Subaru really went crazy or whether he was just pretending to escape from reality.

kek

He was "mindbroken" before that happened, user.

Ty kind user.

only now because of Emilia, he can't stand it anymore, if he had reconciled with her, I don't think we would be mindbroke when Rem died.

I seriously should not like this show as much as I do but it's my AOTY. Waiting for the new EP's is killing me every time.
And now the LN got licensed too and I'll have to wait forever for it all to come out. Are yenpress known to finish what they start or should I expect them to drop this once interest drops off a bit?

Subaru was not crazy, or at least not the "crazy" Betelgeuse understands (which is pretty much acting like the Joker and not giving a fuck about anything). Subaru was just in shock and he already showed signs of escapism in Episode 14 when it took him a while to process that the village had been slaughtered. His brain had pretty much shut down as a self-defense mechanism, which is why it took something like Rem being tortured in front of him to make him snap. So, technically, he's not crazy, but he wasn't faking it either.

Yes, and the torture snapped him out of it.

I appreciated this ED

WN has more than 30 volumes

>Yes
Not "yes." That's the point of contention. Why shouldn't we take Betelgeuse at his word?

>I'm just saying that it's better that the writing got it right eventually
But that's not the writing getting it right, it's the writing ignoring what it's already established because it wants to do something different now. Just because it would have been better to start this way doesn't mean it's better to do it halfway through. This way just comes off as inconsistent, making the characters change to fit the plot. It's not a point in the show's favor.

This ed makes a very dramatic effect, which didn't fit right because almost nothing happened the whole episode

Oh, shut up. You just want to nitpick.

>do something wrong
>*complaints*
>do something wrong, but figure out how to fix it halfway through
>*complaints*
>do something right the first time
You'd probably still complain.

Hes been tweaking out and going steadily insane with every fucking couple episodes due to the deaths. They thought he was a spy for the witch due to how fucking tweaked out he was acting when first getting to the mansion (like his second or third time through those events). Where you getting this must be dream dunno lol interpretations?

It means you're arguing with a 12 year old ESL.

Because he's crazy? He might have different standards for madness than the rest of us.

Also, puts it way better than I can.

It's different, though. Before, it was just Subaru himself being killed. It was his problem (and he already showed signs of trauma in episodes 7-8). Now he's seen the whole village, including people he cares about, be slaughtered. They're different experiences.

>Hes been tweaking out and going steadily insane with every fucking couple episodes due to the deaths. They thought he was a spy for the witch due to how fucking tweaked out he was acting when first getting to the mansion (like his second or third time through those events).
One example of him acting weird does not illustrate a "steady" decline into insanity.

>Where you getting this must be dream dunno lol interpretations?
I believe that his initial reaction in episode 1 was to assume that he had somehow dreamed his own death.

>Because he's crazy? He might have different standards for madness than the rest of us.
If he's crazy, then shouldn't he know madness better than the average person? "It takes one to know one," sort of thing? We should take him to be an authority on the subject.

>People defend Subaru's character
>People hate episode 15

What is wrong with Sup Forums?

this episode was very interesting, you think that because of that dramatic end but the show was really good, go watch the episode a second time, Majou's clan appeared around 8:00 and a little bit after we saw Betelgeuse. Objectively, it's the best ep of the show, till now

>Before, it was just Subaru himself being killed.
Firstly, no. He has seen the deaths of Emilia, Rem, Felt and village children before.

Secondly, Subaru has proven to have a very selfish personality. Even in this last episode, virtually every character just proved to him that he only cares about himself. It's unclear why the death of someone else would affect him moreso than his own death.

Because everyones flavor of the month waifu got turned into a slinky even though the mechanic of the rebirth thing sucks all the value and emotion out of it anyway because you know Subaru can just die and fix his fuck ups. Bad up until the last 15 seconds of the episode.

anime normies hover hype everything, when used to the typical power trips like sword art online a little hardship surprises them and suddenly this feels new and artistic blah blah.
If something is legitimately good it's the music score at the end it reminds me of classical melodrama's movie music, it menages to give this scene a greater emotional impact than it would had other wise. The wisemagicalnegro scene is ok as it is fun if not a little to overarching on the suffering (but then that what Re: zero is all about isn't it). The start just delivers what it means to,Subaru is fucked, no further movie language aesthetics. Episode 16 was better at least the confrontation whit Crush that is, not showing his face was neat.

Only one? Have you forgotten Episodes 12-14? Subaru was acting super paranoid as if everyone around Emilia were an enemy and he's the only one who can prevent bad things from happening. He feels responsible for every single threat ("I should die and go back to stop this") and he has tunnel vision to the point he isn't thinking straight anymore.

Well, it's not the one being translated and while I'm learning Japanese I'm still nowhere near proficient enough to read a novel.

That makes no sense. Using that logic, autists are really good at spotting other autists. People suffering from dementia are able to tell if other people suffer from dementia and so on. I don't think it works quite like that.

>Bad up until the last 15 seconds of the episode.
You're basically saying here that flashiness and forced drama = quality. There is a lot more to the episode than that final cut scene.

Please learn to speak the English language in coherent sentences. That post is a trainwreck of grammar.

He only saw the deaths of Emilia, Felt and Rom when he barely knew them. It's not the same to see someone you've known for a few hours die, than someone you consider your friend.

And the fact that Subaru likes to be rewarded for his actions does not mean he doesn't care about others. If that were the case, he wouldn't have jumped off the cliff that time.

Those are really part of the same arc, though. Episode 15 wasn't the start of the arc; it was just the first reboot.

It wasn't just Subaru. Emilia, thief-chan, and the giant all died in the first arc and Rem and the village kids were killed in the second arc. I'll admit this is on a larger scale, but the people most important to him, and most likely to cause him trauma, have already died in front of him before and he responded by resolving himself to fix it by killing himself instead of turning into a braindead little bitch.

He broke again.

He thought he saw the wort thing ever, but then saw something worse.

Why not? It makes perfect sense to me. For example, I am a pretty high level weeaboo, so I can easily spot another weeb on the internet or in real life by characteristics that I am more acutely aware of than the average person. It's not impossible for crazy people to have no level of meta-awareness about their own madness. Why shouldn't a crazy person be able to spot another crazy person?

Because Subaru was not crazy, just in shock.

>He only saw the deaths of Emilia, Felt and Rom when he barely knew them.
Does this look like someone who was totally indifferent about someone dying right in front of him?

Isn't that what I've been trying to say for several posts now?

>Why did people like this episode so much and are praising the director?
Because Sup Forums is full of newfags who love pointless edgefests.

> their own madness.
There's multiple forms of mental ailments. Obviously Subaru isn't suffering from the same one as his wise magical albino negro.

Or to put it another way, even if you as a weeb have an easier time spotting another weeb, it still wouldn't help you in spotting a /k/ommando in real life.

How does Subaru know Betelgeuse name?
I dont remember him telling Subaru his name during the one time their met.

He isn't speaking. If you're gonna attack him on his grammar, at least use the correct vocabulary when you do so.

He told him that his name's Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse introduced himself while bowing. He said his long name to Subaru.

>because you know Subaru can just die and fix his fuck ups
Yeah, like that time he made an ass out of himself before all the royal candidates. He fixed that up and it surely isn't destroying all his relationships right now. Time loop stories have their own pitfalls.

>He isn't speaking.
Believe it or not, written communication falls well within the definition of the word "speak." dictionary.com/browse/speak?s=t
>5. to make a statement in written or printed words.
>6. to communicate, signify, or disclose by any means; convey significance.

>There's multiple forms of mental ailments.
In reality, yes. There's schizophrenia, gender identity disorder, pyromania, stuttering, etc. and all other sorts of nuance in the category of "mental illness." In fiction, especially a fictional story set in fantasy land, there's no reason to assume that the author is making any distinctions. That's just an aspect of tradition in the genre. Any nuance will generally have to use categories that were in place prior to the industrial era. For example, making a distinction between "madness" and "brain fever."

>and use a vague enough word for it that they can easily ignore criticism
>edgy
>edgy
>edgy
Careful, you're gonna cut yourself.

Of course he was not indifferent. No one would be indifferent when seeing another person dying. I'm just saying the shock from seeing a stranger or someone you just met die is very different from the shock of seeing everyone you care about dead in one same place. Is it really that hard to understand?

There is a very big differnce between shock and schizophrenia. It is considerd common knowledge seeing how they are radically different

Because most people on this board are underage and haven't even watched enough anime, so of course they think this anime is "amazing".

People seem to forget he wasn't exactly struck with love for Emilia from the beginning. He just had a fancy for her, and probably didn't think of her as more than a very vivid and hot NPC. He sure had quite a shock from her death, but not something that'd make him despair.
At the stage of EP15, his perception of the other characters is obviously different : he's lived with them and known them for some time (considering the loops), made genuine connections etc. There's also the weight of the previous loops he had to push through, with surely made him more innervated.

No need to watch thousand of anime to tell if this one is amazing or not

>Is it really that hard to understand?
Yes.
>I'm just saying the shock from seeing a stranger or someone you just met die is very different from the shock of seeing everyone you care about dead in one same place.
How do you know? How many people have you seen die and what was your exact level of intimacy with each one?

> they've never walked through a village of brutally murdered friends before.
Shit takes time to process, yo. A stupid clown doing stupid clown things can sit on the back burner for a bit while Subaru played with blissful unconsciousness . He woke up when best girl showed up to play twister.

I completely agree with this. I don't get why people are flipping out over it, anyone with half a brain could've seen something like this coming from a mile away.