Who is the greatest swordsman in anime?

Who is the greatest swordsman in anime?
By greatest, I don't mean most powerful by using magic bullshit, but sheer skill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fs0aIVqkyM
youtube.com/watch?v=63AjKgljS8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Me. *le tip

Guts can lift a bar of iron as large as himself, zoro can cut through half a kilometer of solid rock, Ichigo battles against otherworldy death specters, and Miyamoto Musashi is the greatest swordsman in japan.

It's as pointless as asking whether OPM is stronger than Goku. There are different scales and obstacles that are inherent to their respective universes

youtube.com/watch?v=0fs0aIVqkyM

uhh.. Gutz

Goemon

Kenshin

BESERKER!

When I want quality swordmanship I go to shoujo anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=63AjKgljS8E

Except Griff was better

Gennosuke

>was
exactly

Literally name someone better than him when it comes to swordsmanship

Kirito /.\

Shichika

Until Guts turned 18.

>This is what dexfags think
Maybe when they were both kids

Just because Guts has strength doesn't mean he uses it to compensate for control over the weapon, he has an extreme amount of finesse in addition to being able to lift that fucking thing.

Griffith may have *almost* comparable skill with his weapon, but Guts has other qualities in ADDITION to his skill.

Probably Rurouni Kenshin

Musashi miyamoto

Asuna from SAO

Seigen

Sasaki Kojirou
I'm still reading so I'm not really sure but this is what I think.
BUT Miyamoto Musashi's development IS impressive.

The Numbah One!

This is the right answer.

Wasn't Kenshin's master better than him?

If we are measuring skill alone then it's Bradley.

Not the brightest lamp in the box, huh.

This

――――The blade begins its arcs.
She feels despair from its precision and speed.
Such an attack――――how much training was needed to get this far?

"――――――――"
Fear is the only thing on her mind.
It cannot be blocked.
This technique is a technique of carnage that challenges God with mere human skill.
Only God would be able to block it.

this is the correct answer. He is nothing but raw human skill. He might be a homunculus but unless he takes off the eye patch he is an ordinary human.
He doesn't count. Using your hands as a sword is magic bullshit.

Sup, got EAM yet?

Until Guts hit puberty

>awful tumblr gifs
lurk for 2 years before posting

>Using your hands as a sword is magic bullshit.
No, it's just martial art without weapons.

But he's a sword

Seijuro Hiko

Assuming the shell is not a solid AP round wouldn't cutting a APHE round in half trigger the fuse when the blade pass through it? Assuming the blade was sharp and strong enough to survive a round from the cannon.

Shouldn't the tank shell explode in his stupid face? Worse if it was a pure HE round.

Matt Easton would fuck this euphoric atheist nerd up any day.

>using atheist as an insult
'murrica pls

No. Being cut like that would defuse it, if that was possible.

If it was plausible to do, it would likely defuse it.

Also, 1911 shells were different.

>Assuming the blade was sharp and strong enough
There you have it. The sword would simply snap in half and/or fly out of Bradley's hands.
It's not even a superior nippon blade.

The main problem is he deflecting bullets shot by a gun of that caliber, the blade should just shatter.

He cutting the shell is just his blade being absurdly sharp and him having absurd reflexes, but it's "possible".

But why did the other half explode when it hit the building? I mean the other half killed those two guys when it flew into them but didn't detonate.

I know I'm nitpicking but I really hate this trope. Its so fucking stupid.

It'd prolly just break his arms and carry on its merry way.

Maybe the blade is made with alchemy to be that strong. Maybe all the blades in that world are like that, seeing that they can cut iron chains clean like butter with ease (Greed dog underling freeing Al before Wrath fucks him up).

I didn't explode.

That wasn't an explosion, just the shell hitting the building.

Are you sure? 0:07 of the webm has the other half impacting the building. While 0:06 has the other impale one guy slam into the other and possible maim or injury the third guy.

I mean that yellow puff ball looks like an explosion. Delayed fuse?

user is wondering why only half shell exploded.

Reasons, user. If you look at the half that hits near the soldiers, there's no reason for the first soldier to fall.
Also look at the angle it hits the ground at.
For it to hit at that angle, it should have slowed down an awful fucking lot considering that it was a tank shell presumably fired at man's height.
It shouldn't be able to bounce that way, or have enough strength to knock that first soldier down, or enough to pierce and blow away the second.

That's not an explosion. Early in the same episode that tank shot and it made a huge red and orange explosion. That's just anime sparks to give impact.

N-NANI?

Even ignoring his bullshit storybreaker sword from space or magic or whatever the origin story of the week is, he's proven himself an incredibly adept swordsman even with blades outside his expertise, like western-style sabers and rapiers, capable of taking on experts who've trained with that particular sword.

Once he reaches his prime.

Not if it was keeping its momentum, from what it looked like to me the other half ricochet off the ground.

This pic though of what I'm talking about.

Some dude with a bokken.

If ever I find a character who uses a european-style longsword and is shown to use half-handing correctly, then that character will hands down be the most skilled swordsman in anime.
Considering we have yet to have a character half-hand their sword, period, I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Apparently Junketsu Maria has some pretty good european-style swordsmanship. Haven't watched it, though

Reinhardt of course you faggot

You lose

>Ichigo
>Skill

Shichika, REGEND, Shiki Ryougi, Guts, Wrath, and any Knights of the Round who use swords would be the top contenders. I think Jinkuro would do well too.

He's not real, even in Fate world.

How about Zoro or Mihawk?

Taiga is just as skilled as Ryougi, therefore she is one of the most skilled swordsman as well.

Either Guts or Musashi the rest are memes.

Forgot his name but the MC of Ninja Scroll

>Miyamoto Musashi is the greatest swordsman in japan.

He was a good swordsman but a master troll. He'd arrive late to duels to piss off opponents and the two swords gimmick was also to piss off his opponents because they felt he wasn't taking them seriously. He capitalized on his opponents rage induced mistakes.

>sheer skill

The orgasms induced with his swordplay are peerless

>stopped ninja jesus with his sword hilt

I want to say Miyamoto Musashi based on skill alone, but vagabond will never get an anime adaptation ;_;

And Taiga is fodderized by Saber in skills who is in turn fodderized by Sasaki. This is a guy who swung a sword so much his cuts stacked and he broke the fabric of reality.

inu yasha
/thread

>Miyamoto Musashi is the greatest swordsman in japan.
He was a cheating sack of shit who couldn't even show up to fights on time.

She became the second most powerful warrior of her generation without using yoki. That's insane.

a pen is mightier than a sword you knew?

unless its a katanah