Why was Zatch Bell so good Sup Forums?

Why was Zatch Bell so good Sup Forums?

Wtf is zatch bell

It was pretty bad desu. You ZBfags are like Torikofags. Delusional.

It was alright.
Faudo was fantastic though

this

It's one of the two anime from my childhood that I remeber going to shit near the end, the other being Rave Master.

That being said, I was a huge fanboy of both, and even had the GC games.

Chinese bootleg of Gash Bell.

it's called gash bell you fucking retard

finally someone with good taste.

If cute moe childhood friend wins, I will pick this shit up. If she loses and gets her heart torn out, fuck this series.

It was good aside from some really cringeworthy attempts at humor.

Nobody wins the kiyobowl as far as we know.
Idol is objectively better though.

Gash Bell (Manga) > shit > Gash Bell (anime) > Zatch Bell

Gash Bell might be one of the best shounen battle manga out there.

It's pretty great.

Zatch Bell got absolutely shit on by Shaman King in terms of art

But Zatch Bell had a much better ending.

You're full of shit.
Raiku's art is topnotch.

Didn't Shaman King get an update though? It got axed and had a garbage ending but apparently he added in a new ending later on?

I keep hearing about this new ending but I've never seen it.

>a few good panels here and there is better than consistently okay to great panels
Shaman King's early art is pretty meh though, I'll give you that.

The art is consistently good from volume 1 though.
Raiku's art has a lot of impact with what he does with it.

The name is Shaman king kang zeng bang

Is her eyes swirling cause of hypnosis?

This is important

for my dick

Gash has better comedy.
And why are we comparing it with Shaman King?

What are you on about? The awful randum xd humour was the best part about it. Everything else was generic, boring and just plain out terrible.

It wasn't. It was shit.

This

The manga called Gash great however.

>Not liking the insert songs
BERY MERON and CHI CHI OPPAI made thevanime for me.

Read yesterday the first volume of vector ball.
10/10 MC

Raiku's gags are the pinnacle of comedy.
Pearls before swine I say.

I'll never understand why it's so popular to hate on Gash? Have people not read it or are they simply against fun?

I love how all the character are ugly as fuck.
The childhood friend best girl

Cheap Beelzebub ripoff.

top kek
Good bait user.

I remember the Sup Forums threads as the manga was being translated
good times.

no she's just an autismo

It's generic trash. I've read dozens and dozens of chapters hoping it'll get better but it never did. The invincible folklore guy was the only good character.

>Generic
From that one word I can tell you haven't read it. Nice try though.

Why did Zatch have 2 different voice actresses in Japanese and was Kiyo ever shirtless?

>Sexualizing the Kiyo
Stop. He's pure.

YOU KNOW WHO'S GOT THE POWER

If you think Gash isn't the epitome of generic you're trolling. Putting aside the fact that the main character gets over his so called social anxieties and becomes a regular brave shounen protagonist guy in the first few chapters, which is complete shit in terms of characterization, the basic pattern of every "arc" (if you can even call them that) is so painfully plain that I had to physically force myself to keep reading this trash.
>new demon/human pair are introduced
>minimal effort is put into their characterization
>they battle
>gash learns a new spell
>ZAKERUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>demon dies, gash cries
>I PROMISE I'LL BE A KIND KING
>the characters are forgotten forever and no progress was made
It's so insultingly formulaic, that I'm genuinely baffled as to how anyone can fail to see it as the generic "villain of the week" trash that it is.

Perhaps if the pacing was better, if the pattern didn't repeat itself so many times, it could be more bearable to read, but it's an old manga with old standards. If the overarching "plot" went anywhere interesting I certainly couldn't be fucked to read another hundred chapters to see where.

Folgore?

Seriously tho, didn't his shirt ever come off?

Black book girl and demon were cool as fuck.
I was a fan of Akuma

You mean the manga or anime OP?

Manga is one of the best things in the world.
Anime is meh but the music numbers are fun.

That's really only in the first volume or so.
You obviously haven't read it a lot of shounen manga, since most of them take a bit for them to settle into place. Stuff like Bleach was generic monster of the week before Soul Society too.

Gash has cool battles and great character building with some genuinely emotional moments. If you're unable to appreciate that you simply have bad taste.

The real reason not to like it is if you don't like its zany style and weird-ass comedy. I think it's perfectly understandable if such a style is not for you, but that's just a question of preference.

My advice is try and actually read something before you criticize it.

The manga in particular. More familiar with that since I viewed it much much later after the anime.

This scene is probably the closest.

Because it has the perfect ratio of drama/comedy

and you really feel for the demons.

Should they have won?

No they didn't have the ultimate spell Gaou Zakeruga

>Weekly shonen battle manga good
kek

>Gaou
Surely you mean Baou right?

>waa you haven't read it mommy make it stop
How long are you going to pursue this angle fucktard? You want to play Gash trivia and test my knowledge? Just end your life. I need to go back and see how many volumes I read, it sure felt like eternity because time slows down when you're suffering. I had no problem with the art and the comedy was the only entertaining thing about it, how did you get the impression I had a problem with it? If you're going to defend this piece of shit at least put some effort, because so far what I'm hearing is "It gets better after 30 volumes, I promise"

Your loss m8

Dear me it appears I misspelled it. Thank you for correcting me.

The manga was the best.

Calm down user, no need throw a fit.

It's obvious from your post that you didn't read very far. The beginning is formulaic, but it sets up the concept and setting while introducing the characters. After that it gets a lot more well-paced with big story arcs. The Faudo arc is especially pretty good.

What you've done is like dropping a game in its tutorial.

I find it extremely hilarious that in Vector Ball the MC keeps throwing furniture at the monsters.

No problem, user.

>lol why so mad
I should've seen it sooner.

What are you talking about, he's wearing his shirt.

If it wasn't for the trash/rushed ending, it'd have been great. Pony/Folgore chapters are the hardest I've ever laughed with manga.

Well, I guess this means you don't want to discuss it further?

It's not buttoned up though, which is the closest to not wearing a shirt he gets iirc.

Vector Ball's pacing is all over the place.

Is Raiku trying something new or is he slowly losing touch?

Wait nevermind, he's wearing a t-shirt underneath.
I'm retarded.

Great arguments there man! Would you like to join the debate team? With you as our secret weapon we're bound to win regionals!

Yeah ok but he's still wearing a shirt underneath.

What about shirtless Kiyo then?

What're you talking about?
It's only been one volume and it's been great so far.
Honestly I liked that he didn't drop all the exposition in the first few chapters and waited a bit to keep the mystery going.
The dynamic between the main duo is great so far.

I dunno man it's just a little weird. He's kind of just introducing everything as a joke, it's a little too much deadpan humor.

I'm sure it'll find a rhythm but right now it just feels weird to me.

at the time Zatch had to switch the original voice actress was on maternity leave

To each his own I guess.
I think the comedy works a lot better since the protagonist isn't the straight man this time.

So far it's been good at introducing its character and the tone of the story. What it's really about will probably get clearer in volume 2.

The theme is executed well and the series doesn't drag out long. The good guys and bad guys involved in the faudo arc received a lot of development.

BEST CHARACTER YOU CANT SHOW ME A BETTER ONE

Please guys, help us with shirtless Kiyo.

Barry, Folgore, Kyanchome and Ted are better.

Just off the top of my head.

mah nig
Victoreem best demon.

Formulaic is good, makes it easy for the target audience to follow.

Ted was probably the coolest character in terms of combat style.

FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN MORE VICTOREEM BEING POSTED

Assume the victory position!

Ted was my favorite.
Gear up power up was such a cool concept.

It's basically dragon ball but with less showmanship and stupid HAAAAAAAA energy gathering.

Glorious Revolution 3-6-0!

MELON!

>Wtf

Kill yourself

I'm chill now~~

I like The Law of Ueki.

Seriously guys, was Kiyo shirtless anyway?

Thank you for your unrelated note.

I also liked Law of Ueki up until the point where he is revealed to be part of the angel tribe or whatever.

At that point the fights stopped being about thinking of creative ways to do shit and became about how many stars you had and that meaning you could use stronger powers.

GLORIOUS

The last melons

Don't get me wrong, I liked it.

But I feel that the slice of life non fighting part have weird pacing.

The last chapter was great for example, I have no complaints about that.

What about DnK?

I liked it all the way, even if the ending felt out of place. I wanted it to get an anime, but oh well

Anime was ok,

The manga was way better and in general it was good because it didn't last too long and many of the characters got development.

Also the Answer Talker ability was handled well since by all rights it should have been super OP as shit, but it wasn't.

Liked it. But I mean he fucked himself over when he decided to make a manga about animals carnivores who won't eat meat.

That's why he had to cop out by saying that fish don't count.

>That's why he had to cop out by saying that fish don't count.
Didn't someone point that out and called the mc a fucking hypocrit?

Someone post shirtless Kiyo