Fake News - Who said it first?

I can't seem to recall who came up with the term 'Fake News'. I almost think the first time I heard it was from Trump during the campaign, but it feels like it's been around longer.

That was me. Based. Also based was coined by a nigger

Its been around since the Roman era, but Trump added the fuel to the tire fire by calling CNN fake news, and their reaction was a literal NO U.

fuck you. I used Gefälschte Nachricht first. You just translated it

It was the fucking democrats/msm (same thing) who coined the term and it was meant to describe any conservative news outlet. It backfired spectacularly.

That's fine. At least we can agree that a nigger coined the term
Based and only non whites use it

jon rappaport. look it up

In recent times? I believe it was first used by a Washington post article that blamed fake news for Trump's victory

I first heard it from shrillary. Then Trump started saying it, so then the media started hating the term

>doesn't remember Faux News
How fucking young are you OP?

I remember it well. First time it was used in recent times was when Facebook was rolling out measures for preventing wrong opinions... err I mean false facts to be spread on the site. Then as the media was starting to use the term Trump coopted it and turned the tables.

This. People should just get back to calling things "hoaxes" since the phrase "fake news" has gotten way too politicized

this, after the election, CNN/MSM claimed Trump only won because people who voted for him were tricked by fake news (from Fox/InfoWars etc.) Then Trump said THEY were fake news

Obama said it on the last speech tour he did as president. I think he was in Africa when he said it.

I first heard it said by the MSM to discredit trump and alternative non-left media. Now Trump uses it every day to describe MSM

A Tribe Called Quest

"Fake News" is literally a Chinese communist term that was borrowed from Chinese State run media.

Literally.

I remember it before the election

>Roman era
Had no idea

Old enough to remember "Faux News", which is not "Fake News" you moron.

Like, for real?

It was MSM's reaction to PizzaGate.
That was my first

Norm MacDonald invented fake news.