Let's rate each other's shitty taste, Sup Forums

++ Mushi, Tatami
+ Texhnolyze, Ping Pong, Sayonara, NHK, Champloo, Haruhi

3/3
+ GR, 2001, EVA, TFTO

>3/3
4/4

Make way

Did people unironically like FLCL? Or is it just to feel intelligent because you understood the """deep""" themes and references? Genuine question.

Not him, but as someone that really liked FLCL, I like it because it was a fun as fuck coming-of-age story.

And the themes weren't particularly deep, anyway.

Shinji is for original NGE + EoE, Edward is for FMA 03
3/3
4/4
FLCL doesn't have "deep" themes though, it's just about the coming of age and overall maturing into an adult.

8/8
1/1
4/5 -Diebuster
7/8 -Yozakura Quartet
I feel like I should know middle bottom but I don't recognize it from that image.

5/5 if only Disappearance; 4/5 otherwise.

Middle bottom is Kill la Kill
I don't know where you got Yokazura Quartet from though.

Yeah, I just realised bottom left was Kyousougiga. 8/9 then. -Kyousougiga

7/8
- Kyousougiga
Go watch Sakamichi no Apollon.
8/9
- Hibike
9/9

>tfw no more eclectic taste in these threads ever since that youtube guy called out fake hipsters

Densetsu no Witcher-kun is my favorite anime

You implying I hid behind a taste wall?

How the fuck do you people even rate? Why not always */9?

Shows you like/shows seen

Only thing that changed is that more casuals show up thinking it's okay to post in these elitist threads.

That makes sense, thanks. Now I feel really dumb.

Sup Forums just shat on them by calling their taste pretentious before. Although I do assume that Digi's vid influenced some people, but still.

2.5/4
2/3
3/5
why would anyone listen to what that horsefucker has to say?

When did he do that? The new 7 hour vid?

The most boring taste in anime

I'll have you know I bullied avant-teens before it was cool.

Great.

Boring, looks bad.

Based Gainax.

Okay.

3/3
1/2
2/3
5/6
4/4

5/5
4/6

Do people unironically dislike it? Every person I met that said they did from my experience have been lying.

If it weren't deep people wouldn't be confused like little babies by it.

I disliked it. I find it very hard to like the over the top western-ish Gainax/Trigger style, with a few exceptions such as KLK and TTGL. I also dislike most Ghibli stuff, OPM, MP100, Jin-Rou, Monogatari, Paprika, Darker than Black and a bunch of other popular anime

t.

People are stupid. The themes in FLCL aren't deep or anything; they're pretty straightforward.

Ok. You need to learn to take memes less seriously

deep=/=complex

4/4
5/6

Disgusting taste my dear friend

What does deep mean?

I don't really think that you can call them complex, either. And I'm mainly talking about the understanding of retards who don't understand what the show's about.

i'm saying their themes are deep but not complex. They are easy to understand but are still interesting, resonant, and discusable

I dislike memes, to me they're basically embracing repetition and unoriginality.

How can you rectify that with your 3x3?

I also really like Subaru

But seriously, if it feels western then chances are I'm not gonna like it. Same thing with shows that focus so much on flashy artstyle and deep messages that they forget to add a real story

If the themes are not expressed through blatant verbal exposition then they aren't straightworward.

hurr durr I can't pay attention

Elaborate.

5/5
2/2
4/4
4/6
8/8

a good amount(4, could be argued 6) are meme works. And it seems intentional because they are entry level meme works on a variety of things

>Kamisama and SnW
Excellent taste

>if it feels western then chances are I'm not gonna like it.
Can you be more of a tryhard?

+FLCL, Tatami Galaxy, FMA (brotherhood was better), NGE, Cowboy, KLK, Katana

++Mushishi
+YuruYuri, Clannad, Madoka, Kino, Monogatari, Hibike
-NHK

>hating Haruhi TV
Wow shit taste

++Kamichu
+Milky

++Natsume, Sora no Woto
+Clannad, Haibane, Code Geass

+Tex, Haibane, NGE

++Sora no Woto
+Chaika, DAL, Testament

I have no strong feelings for it either way.

Can you elaborate in english?

If I want to watch shitty western cartoon then I'll just watch a Disney movie. I've never liked western animation, not even as a kid

You claim to hate memes, but your 3x3 is full of memes
russian animation is exponentially better than japanese

++Haruhi, Mushishi
+Tex, Tatami, SZS, Ping Pong, Champloo
-NHK

++Diebuster/Gunbuster, PSG
+NGE, Abenobashi, Nadia
--TTGL

>russian animation is exponentially better than japanese
Then go to a Russian animation imageboard.

I've never seen any Russian animation

There aren't any, but the point is not all western animation is american
then fix that

Fuck off Tammy the Russians don't even come close to the Japanese.

Name a single piece of japanese cinema that comes close to the hedgehog in the fog.

3/4 -- Ping Pong
6/6
3/4
2/.5/6 -- Clannad, YuruYuri - Hibike ±Monogatari
3/4 - HxH
Barely seen anything there, but someone who likes DiGi Charat can't be a bad person.
1.5/4 -- Clannad, SSY ±Amnesia
6/6, best taste so far. Still haven't watched Mushishi. What is bottom right?
2/2

4/5 didn't like clannad, what's the middle one?
4/4
3/4 my plebian mind can't get around mononoke
4/4

Themes aside, I think the fast action packed directing works really great in FLCL beacuse it's short, and it makes it the most fun show to watch that I know of.
Also nostalgia. That's a perfectly fine reason to like a show, no? FLCL came out in 2000 and is a coming of age story. I bet there's at least one person beside me in this thread that grew up rewatching it every two years or so.

i recommend nu pogodi its a wery good show

K-On! movie

>what's the middle one?
Jigoku Shoujo

6/7 - FMA
5/5

5/6 - Sakemechi

5/5 Why did you put Dead Leaves on your list in favour of other Imiashi anime? personally i feel like it's one of his weakest works altough i still like it.

whoops third one was meant for OP

Dead Leaves is the cool kid twitter pick

>You claim to hate memes, but your 3x3 is full of memes
I hate the culture around people treating a repeated joke spread via internet as something funny based on the sole fact that it is known among people to be a meme. People hear the same fuckin joke the millionth time but they expect people to laugh at it just because "Oh yeah, that's that X meme ha ha!".

So now you can either explain to me what this has to do with the works I like or express what you want without using the word "meme" in the first place. The idea of communication isn't just to spout random unrelated words and expect people to understand you.

Somebody get this hothead outta here!

what's top right?

You're a big guy

Just beacause I liked it as much as TTGL, but I hardly ever see Dead Leaves there, when TTGL and KLK is in every other 3x3.
And I really like short things. I appreciate the amount of content and ideas in KLK, but I'd rather watch hour of straightforward madness any day.

>Geting mad at dishonest idiots is a bad thing
Ok

U mad bro?

Yes.

perfect blue
If you haven't seen it already i reccomend watching the first episode of RE:cutie honey it's the epitome of straight forward madness and it's directed by the Imiashi.

What are some fun shorts I could show to people who have no idea about experimental and independent animation?

I've been thinking of Tezuka, Kunio, Mizue, Hiroaka and Yutaro Kubo.

Why would you wanna show your friends that you're a pretentious ass?

So I can masturbate to their expressions of awe?

Are you one of those prudes who are against fapping or something? Disgusting.

3/3
3/3
2/2
6/7
3/4
1/2

why would you wanna share an interest?!?
Show them Tezukas Jumping. if they don't care about animation after that they're unsavable

>Show them Tezukas Jumping
I was thinking of that, the others would be:
Kunio - House of Small Cubes
Mizue - Wonder
Hiroaka - L'oeil du Cyclone
Kubo - Crazy for It

They have to be creators who are easy to find, best just possible to send a link of their work.

>is it just to feel intelligent because you understood the """deep""" themes and references?
Not at all. One of the best things about FLCL is how it can be appreciated as both a '2deep4u-symbol-fest' and a 'turn-your-brain-off-and-enjoy-the-ride-audio-visual-trip'.

Honestly, my favorite works are like that shit that has a bit high brow and low brow in it.

Fuck off.

kill yourself

4/4
1/1
4/4
7/7
6/6
4/4
6/6
1/1
3/3
1/1