Is this show any good or just moeshit?

Is this show any good or just moeshit?

It's good.

It's decent but with only 13 episodes pacing is going to be shit you're better off reading the VN is you're really interested in it

No such thing as bad moeshit.

You don't even know what moeshit means. Fuck off.

Fucking trash.

>only 13 episodes
Haha oh wow, what the fuck. And we're already 3 episodes in? How are they planning to show anything at all?

go back to Sup Forums dumb frogposter

It's chuunishit.

It's neither.
Sup Forums really let me down on this one

I don't think anyone who read the VN expected anything good from this.

If you like moeshit, don't watch it.
If you like Keyshit, don't watch it.
If you like chuunishit, don't watch it.
If you liked Rewrite VN, don't watch it.

I'm still going to watch it, like parts of shit and shit on everything else

>Hitler
>best girl

You're better of reading the VN.

>not wanting to save the planet
She did literally nothing wrong

It's key. Take 3 guesses

>not liking Key
Fag

>Implying she and the old hag that possessed her wanted to save the planet instead of burning it all down

The radical faction of Gaia is the closest thing the VN has to a main villain.

If they wanted the planet to die they would have just joined forces with Guardian. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Motives of single individuals don't reflect the motive of Gaia as a whole.

If a story needs more than 4hours to be decent its total shit like the visual novel.

Suzaki's faction is the only part of Gaia that actually wants to do good. The holy woman and her band of loonies just wanted to burn it all down.

Why is that girl in the back surrounded by two trees?

It's good but it seems like that the target audience is the VN-readers.

Also, I just finished to read the Moon route and
I don't get the reason why they were on the Moon at the first place, can someone explain it to me ?

There isn't single story in existence that does 6+ characters well while moving the plot forward. Rewrite is also told trough multiple routes which you need to read all to understand the whole story. This increases the time needed because each individual route needs to be its own thing.

I don't even think a movies length is enough to tell about one good character.

>The holy woman and her band of loonies just wanted to burn it all down.
What do you mean by "it"? The planet or humanity? Because that makes a huge difference.

>There isn't single story in existence that does 6+ characters well while moving the plot forward in 4 hours
Fix'd

Guardian out.

I dont know man if 4hours are not enough to get the essence of something across i consider that quite bad atory telling. Never played or had any interest in these light novels, so i dont know if its more enjoyable in that format.

She had no intention to save the planet. She just wanted to murder every human because she was really butthurt about how she was treated. Her butthurt is so huge that she even tries to stop Moon Kagari from finding a timeline that will save the earth.

I think the storys not really good i guess if you spend more than 10 hours with one character,
you are bound to connect and like them at some point. But that is not good story telling in my eyes just a lot of fluff.

Only shows without males are moeshit and this has a male MC

>all anime longer than one cour have bad storytelling
Kill yourself

Not him but first, this is not a light novel but a visual novel.
The fact is that the common route (aka Slice of life + a bit of mystery) is indeed long (at least it's fun), but you need to spend this time with the characters to be attached to them and being way more interested in what happen next and also to understand how they can miss these "good old times".

it's keyshit

Can you give any examples of couple of hours of a story that introduces a good character and character development? Because all the good characters in any fiction have been part of something longer.

Like, if I think about movies I've watched, they don't have great characters. The events, cinematography, and interesting premise is what makes those good. Like the first Matrix or Memento or even Pulp Fiction.

A good story needs a theme that needs time to be introduced. Then it has to be covered from different points of views in a interesting way. Then some kind of conclusion/s have to be made. That's a story. And it needs time. Add multiple characters with character development and few hours just isn't enough.

Dont strawman ma boi. If you need more than 4 hours to show me the worth of your story, then yea thats the worst of the worst storytelling in a visual medium. I wonder if you would have read all these visual novels if they werent cute girls, proably the only thing keeping your attention.

Assuming they do it same way as Grisaia, first 13 episodes will be general introduction to setting and butchered waifu routes. Next 13 routes will be Terra.

I don't mind this, considering Terra is best part of the VN.

Yea and thats bad story telling, you dont like them cause they are well written. You like those characters casue they are cute and you spend more than half a day with them. I cant get into something like that.

That just sounds like you have an attention deficit problem.

How do you know they aren't well written if you didn't read the VN?

So i am supposed to spend more then 10hours at a minimum to begin to even enjoy these works?
OP asked if it was worth it to watch the anime, if the anime cant sell me in 4 hours that it is worth it then its complete shit. Its absurd that people even accept somehing like that. Oh well i dont like moe and all that bullcrap so clearly i am not the audience. Just wanted to understand what it was that people saw in this.

> If you need more than 4 hours to show me the worth of your story
You don't see the worth of ANY story before you finish it. I need to see it all before I make that judgement. Be it a game, book or a movie.

But of course the story has to be interesting and enjoyable from start to finish. Why else would you keep watching/reading it? But for example in case of Rewrite, the common route was enjoyable for very different reason compared to something like Terra. And the VN as a whole was enjoyable in a very different way than any one single route.

Cause they need more than 4 hours to show me their worth. If there are hints ofit being amazing then i take everything i said back.

>So i am supposed to spend more then 10hours at a minimum to begin to even enjoy these works?
I enjoy them for very different reason at first. Especially Key stuff is very light hearted and fun at first before the shit hits the fan. If I am to describe any Key VN as a whole, I would probably never say that they were fun. Depressing and sad is more like it.

>you dont like them cause they are well written. You like those characters casue they are cute and you spend more than half a day with them.
Why couldn't they be well-written if I spend more than half a day with them ?
Slow-paced story telling isn't bad, it's just something you don't like

Kill yourself, retard
Also most VNs I read are either chuuni stuff with fights (like Demonbane, Tokyo Babel and Fate/Stay Night) or mystery stuff (like Root Double, Danganronpa and Chaos;Head)
Now, back to anime:
GaoGaiGar has 50 episodes
Fafner has 2 seasons of 20+ episodes each, a 50 minutes OVA and a 1h30min movie
If you're telling me both stories are bad because they last more than 4 hours, you need to shoot yourself

So then is the anime worth watching? You guys said no its not good. And i ask why? It has 4 hours to show me and hint at something amazing. Cause if it cant even do that and i need to invest more than 15 hours in this. I just cant fathom how you guys pull that off.

Rewrite gives hints about the theme of the VN at beginning quite a lot. But the VN also knows how to surprise. I would have never guessed something like Moon or Terra routes were a thing before I read them. And in a way, that's a good thing.

>So then is the anime worth watching?
From these 3 episodes, I'd conclude that it's not. You are better off reading the VN like everyone has been saying. But with 4 hours you won't even get that far. In that time you would still be in common route with moe slice-of-life shit. Which isn't bad in itself but it doesn't represent the VN as a whole at all.

Yea i guess it just a different taste. I cant say its a good, precise and well written story if it needs so many hours to tell its story. The only way i would accept such a thing would be a JRPG but there is gameplay and filler quests to excuse the long runtime. Still interesting to hear what you guys thought. Sorry if i came off as condescending. Maybe i will give some a try at some point.

No thats not what i said and pls calm down.
If you need that much time to make your characters and your story appealing as a writer, then that in my eyes is bad writing. From the beginning i should be impressed or get a glimpse of a amazing plots or story telling. Thats all i said. Dont respond anymore i got it. Its just different taste, a taste i personally find rather nasty.

Well, think of it this way. Compare a long VN to a JRPG. Instead of side quests and gameplay as filler, the filler is character interactions and small bits of world building. And character interactions are great way to write a character and give character development

>moe slice-of-life shit
I want Sup Forums to leave

What else should I call them?

The common route is better than half the heroine routes though

I think I might just finish it for Shizuru only.

Filthy dumb Guardian scum

Good point. Doesn't make me love pure slice-of-life though

Card games in next episode?

They're not adapting the crappy routes, user.

They are adapting no existing routes. This is anime original route. Which probably sucks too

Unlikely.
Maybe Imamiya

What should I expect in Akane's route besides groping her tits?

>people getting shit done
>suffering
>depression
>that part melancholy, part blissful ending
Best route after Terra

Being Hitler's dog

>>suffering
>>depression
Looks like I'm in for great ride.

>calling this cutie Hitler

The best route of the game.
And not nearly enough CGs

Oh fuck I forgot. The best fighting scene is in Akane's route. I know it's not saying much in the context of Rewrite but it's good shit.

>And not nearly enough CGs
Rewrite+ will surely deliver

I know, hence being bothered by the number of episodes is stupid.

Well?

They'll unlock once you've done Kotori and Chihaya's routes

>It's his first playthrough
>he doesn't even use CBC reasoning

I think people mean that you can't tell "Rewrite" in so few episodes. It will be just another route with different outcome.

The first episode makes it seem like they'll set up or even conclude moon

it's evangelion in visual novels

Yes that's what I'm thinking too. But Moon leads up to Terra. I think they are trying to set up a cliffhanger ending and say "Get Rewrite+ to see how the VN continues!".

thank god this is not GET

>Being this dumb
Its explicitly stated that Gaia is a fuckin atrocity led by and insane reincarnated familiar who wants to destroy all life.
The bitch subverted "good" for what its worth summoners like Kotori in literally evil bunch of nihilists.
Again
Guardians = hunters = "change yourself"
Kotori = pure summoners = druids = "change world"
Gaia = corrupted summoners lead by a evil lunatic = "fuck world"

Man, i've never cringed so much and so often to a VN protagonist. This dude goes full retard all the damn time with his shitty jokes.
I like how he interacts with the girls, but his sense of humour is incredibly off.

Yeah if you straight up ignore what the VN tells you that's right

Major part of Rewrite is the common route, which is most of the time useless for the real plot.
Then we have the side routes, and again you can cut them off almost completely without altering the story.
People mean "it's a VN so the adaptation must be shit no matter what", before actually watching the anime and even though the novel itself could be mediocre.

>Its explicitly stated that Gaia is a fuckin atrocity led by and insane reincarnated familiar who wants to destroy all life.
Then why did they had a plan that involved only killing humanity? You are literally misinterpreting what Gaia was doing.

They wanted to kill off humanity so that the planet wouldn't get past the point of no return. This would ensure that life would still exist on the planet and that the planet would not end up as wasteland without no one in it. How hard is this to understand?

Having a living planet also makes it possible that other sentient beings would rise and form new civilizations. Hopefully something that would not kill off the planet.

Like I said before, if they wanted to kill off all life, they should have just joined forces with Guardian and wait for the planet to die off.

He confuses Gaia in general with Sakura in particular.
>which is most of the time useless for the real plot.
That is not correct

>Major part of Rewrite is the common route, which is most of the time useless for the real plot.
How so? Common route setups the setting and introduces the characters. That is it's point. Hardly useless.

>Then we have the side routes, and again you can cut them off almost completely without altering the story.
And these either tell us more about the setting, develope characters specific to that route or advance the plot/talk about the theme of the VN. You can't just cut them off. Especially when Moon is after heroine routes which is followed by Terra. Moon would lose a lot of its point if the routes before it didn't exist.

It is, you don't need to put all the jokes or the comedy parts in an adaptation, so they can remove a good slice of the common route. Stop being a blind fanboy who wants a 100 episodes adaptation of his favourite novel.

>He confuses Gaia in general with Sakura in particular.
Gaia was created by Holy Mother familiar for one explicit goal. There is no confusion.

>Then why did they had a plan that involved only killing humanity? You are literally misinterpreting what Gaia was doing.
How do you interpret a pocket dimension that supposed to kill every one inside and attack on MOON Kagari and whole MOON route? Did you even read it? What the fuck.

>How do you interpret a pocket dimension that supposed to kill every one inside and attack on MOON Kagari and whole MOON route? Did you even read it? What the fuck.
That's Sakura though

Are you serious? If you think the common route, which is quite lengthy, is ALL mandatory for the story well you read a different game.
You can fully introduce the whole cast in a couple of episodes (what they're doing right now) while giving infos about the setting at the same time, but you don't have to adapt everything from it.
Take the parfait scene: does it add anything to the main plot? It doesn't, and there are a lot of such scenes in the novel.
Same logic for the route, you can add vital infos without having to adapt the events of said route.
And that's a good thing, seeing how sub routes are often awful and add barely nothing, see Lucia.
You can solve Moon with brief flashbacks which implies the other routes.

>Gaia was created by Holy Mother familiar for one explicit goal. There is no confusion.
Did you actually not pay attention at all?
The Holy Women aren't the same persons

>Take the parfait scene: does it add anything to the main plot? It doesn't, and there are a lot of such scenes in the novel.
It doesn't really matter how important each scene is, what matters is how good is at doing what it's meant to do.
I agree that Rewrite's comedy for example is usually very off, so the scenes meant to be funny and entertaining feel like a chore.

>Take the parfait scene: does it add anything to the main plot?
It introduces Lucia as hot headed bitch. Also it gives hints that there is something going on with her because she can eat spicy shit without being effected by it at all. It's dumb but it set ups her character/route.

>The Holy Women aren't the same persons
They literally are? Brain familiar chooses brain damaged girls and then switches them.
Its almost like Goa'uld from stargate.

How can you say the comedy is of when the Yoshino song exists?

They literally aren't.
Did you just not read Akane's route?

Different people who were implanted with memories of dozen of other Holy Womens memories. They are still individuals but they are heavily influenced by these memories. That's why they chose autistic children without a sense of self so this influence would be stronger.

That still doesn't mean that ALL of Gaia is like Sakura. Sakura was the dumb fuck who went insane during Moon. Not Akane, not Gaia. Sakura. A individual named Sakura Kashima. You understand?

Whatever the case it's a visual novel from Key so people will talk it up like it's international award winning tier literature

I remember when I used to take obvious shitposting seriously and respond to it too.

You mean because it's written by Romeo.