What the fuck was the point of this show?

What the fuck was the point of this show?

it's about the importance of brain surgery.

Existentialism for dummies.

It had no coherent story and it didn't answer any questions at all. Sure, the atmosphere was really well made but not in a comfy melancholic way like Haibane Renmei. Instead it felt creepy and unnatural.

The point is to slap it onto your 3x3 and then circlejerk with other retards.

Well it wasn't bad and it certainly felt unique. But it was more like an art project than an anime.

What is an anime?

Something with a story. Like Re:Zero.

>rekt

Kino's comfiness is just different than Haibane Renmei's; it sort of feels nostalgic in a way.

You're trying too hard.

My biggest problem with it is that we never find out anything about the world. Is it in the far future? Is it in the past? Is it fucking Atlantis? What happened? Is it even earth? There are no clues about it so we can't even speculate.

It's fantasy, i ain't gonna explain shit

Anons say there are clues in the LNs, or whatever the original work is. Could be bullshitting tho, we'll never know.

But everything feels so familiar which creates a uncanny valley effect. Just throw in some fucking hints. It was good but it always had a creepy plastic atmosphere. As if it was just some messed up dream.

I assume there are no translations available?

Something something guns and the world. Moral of the story, penetrate tomboy butts.

Nope, I think it was fully translated save for a spin-off or something. Still have to read it tho, that's a bigger problem.

to tell short parables and explore a philosophical concept simply in an episodic form.

No official ones save back when Tokyo-Pop was still around. Some anons somewhere went back and translated the rest of them though, something like 20 volumes with a new one every year or so. There's spin-offs too and some of them are really silly (author turns Hermes into a keychain and dumps Kino in a stereotypical magic harem high school).

that's obviously not the point of Kino.

That's why it ruined its potential. It could've been the next SnW or SSY if it went for a far into the future post-apocalyptic setting, leaving some clues here and there but leaving it at that. Instead we get nothing.

It didn't try to be SnW or SSY (disregarding the fact that Kino was before both of those). The point was an episodic adventure with some sort of life lesson in every episode.

Because that isn't the type of story it is. It wants to explore a single concept an episode. It's world is just to facilitate that.

>That's why it ruined its potential.
But it was never going to be a plot-focused show. It's about episodic adventures through the world and the vast differences between each country.

Bruh, all it wanted to be was a episodic show and that's all it was. What the hell is up with this place and its hatred of episodic stuff, not everything has to be a damned epic.

>It could've been the next SnW
Good. SnW is garbage that takes a piss on its themes.

Of course, I do understand that. But I still would've liked the show more if it had gone in that direction. The episodic format and the philosophical questions could still be there.

It could be combined. And I'm not talking about the plot and story of SnW and SSY, but the feeling. You see little hints everywhere that this is on earth but it's far into the future and everything has changed.

I don't dislike the show.

It's not about asking questions. It's about showing things. It's a great show to show to children. It's simple and interesting, and can be a great introduction to some concepts.

What's the point of traveling across the world?

>It's not about asking questions. It's about showing things
It doesn't show anything. Nothing makes sense. It's close enough to seem normal but it always have that uncanney valley feel to it. The strange thing is that I actually liked the show. But it felt so wrong the whole time.

>It's a great show to show to children.
If you want to confuse them or scare them, yeah.

What world? It's probably all just a long comatose dream and Kino is actually a little girl in modern day Japan. That's the only explanation for all the shit going on in the show.

what doesn't make sense?

Something something the world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

>I want everything explained to me
This is like complaining about how we never find out where Yotsuba came from.

Super high tech countries right next to primitive villages, the country system itself and the non existing explanation for pretty much everything.

If it is set in the far future then there would be clues and possibly technology left over from the old civilizations. Instead they have technology that looks like something out of an old sci-fi movie from the 1950-ies, medieval technology or in a few countries they even have technology that surpasses our modern day tech.

Depending on how may hundreds of years that may have passed, new cultures and countries would've risen but it still doesn't explain how some are primitive while others have tech that far surpasses our own.

Why are there roads everywhere if there is pretty much no contact between the countries?

The thing is, the entire world feels dead. It all feels like a dreamy haze. It feels fake and plastic and nothing makes sense. The filter effect, use of colors and music helps strengthen that feel.

Not everything. But yes, I do want to at least see some hint as to what the fuck is going on because it looks more like some kids dream than an actual world.

>I do want to at least see some hint as to what the fuck is going on because it looks more like some kids dream than an actual world
This story is about a girl on an endless journey after her parents murdered her friend, riding a talking motorcycle, with no steady income to pay for fuel or supplies. I'd say the dream-like quality is intentional, as you noted from the visuals.

go re-watch the episode about the author
I think you could relate

>having so much crippling autism that you can't accept things for what they are but have to insist on asking question even when it's obvious that there is no answer
The writer is a fucking lunatic too so it's only to be expected.

What makes you think our country system is the only one possible? Why do you think there has to be an explanation?

What's so weird about medieval technology? Do you think our modern day tech will never be surpassed?

How would you explain the primitive niggers in africa and our tech that far surpasses their spears and bows?

Got me with the roads. Apparently there is contact then?

I don't know, makes sense to me. Do you have the same problem when watching other fiction?

Cute girl. You see. Kino. Sexy.I need help

I don't usually care that much about consistency and suspension of disbelief, but Kino was different. I can't really explain why. I liked it though despite it being weirdly creepy as fuck and making me feel uncomfortable.

Good idea.

kino isnt waifu material m8

Only because she doesn't take companions on her travels.

Cold blooded killer

She's a lone woman on the road, shoot first ask questions later is a good philosophy to have.

>draw a boy
>call it a girl
tomboy is best kind of girl

I want to rape Kino and take away her weapons

I want to lick her abs

Does Kino shave?

She murders

Dat ass

Isn't she pretty young? Does she even have hair yet?

She has breasts so I guess she's at least a teenager

I WANNA FUCK KINO AFTER SHE HASNT SHOWERED IN A WEEK OF BIKE TRAVELING

Imagine licking the sweat off her muscular unshaved tomboy body

I like Kino

>that episode with the cannibals
>that episode where two countries massacre a smaller country for an annual sports-event
>that old woman that served those androids
>her whole flashback from where she came from
The show was pretty fucked up sometimes, but I actually liked these change in atmosphere, since you never could predict if the next town had any dark secrets or was just harmlessy weird.

Is the movie any good?

The movie and special are just like additional episodes so yeah, it's worth watching. One of them deals with her past.

Kino is love!

>144444444

What chapters would user want animated?

Any chapter that explains what the fuck is going on.

Definitely A Tale of Fighting People -Reasonable- and the Ship Country 2 parter.

Gulliver's Travels of anime.