Genshiken is ending

Genshiken Nidaime is ending with next month's chapter.

Rame-senpai!!!

Thank god.

Did Madarame fuck the trap? If not then this was a total waste of time.

Went downhill with the Hato route

> Did Madarame fuck the trap?
It seemed that Rame favoured Hato-chin based on feelings but ultimately was taken aback once he realized the sexual part. (MadaxHato okay, HatoxMada, wait what). Honestly, everything's so bloated with this harem that I think it would be ultimately best for him to remain alone again indulging in his otaku fantasies.

Boooooring. He decided to ruin his own series, a favourite of my early teen years and quite standout insight into otaku, and after all that he wussed out on having Mada be with a trap?

I bet ten loli doujinshi that it'll end with "all of this was merely a dream."

Is Spotted flower also ending?

I hope they let it stay dead this time instead of beating its corpse.

Not as far as I know. That's still going.

Why is this even a thing? Fuck Mada doesn't even get any girl/boy.

So much this. After finishing Genshiken 1 and 2 I was excited going into Nidaime but holy shit was that a let-down. It's not even that having a fujoshi heavy cast was the problem, it's that they were hardly interesting and the elements of the first series I liked (character introspection and general commentary about otaku culture) were completely gone.

I didn't mind the fujoshi, seeing it as focusing on the changing parts of being an otaku, but it didn't even really explore that, or the fascination with traps.

After all the shipping and making Madarame the centre of a harem it achieved nothing.

Good to know

so who did madarame end up with?

Nope, je basically said that he likes him a lot but he's a emotional trainwreck and he suspects he's not really gay because he keeps hesitating and doubting himself at every step and that he doesn't want to deal with that in a relationship.

He was amazingly straight forward and level headed about it.

About time. The whole harem part was so bad, you don't go on a meta setup where every character is overly conscious about the implications only to back off at the last moment because you don't want to out one or more character as gay. I hate Hato, but at least the anime did it better by hinting at their growing relationship instead of beating around the bush for years.

No, that's the sequel of nidaime.

That actually makes me sad and it seems pretty damn sudden to announce its end just a chapter away.
I could've continued reading it for a whole lot longer since there was potential for the next 'arc' after the lengthy harem one. Risa just joined the club, Ogiue is in her final year and probably has to appoint a new president, Ohno staying an extra year, etc.

I enjoyed reading nidame for the most part.

Axed? Or does Kio want to move on now?

Well, so much for a Sue end.

What makes you say that?
The last chapter literally ended with Madarame being forced to call Sue for a date.

>Axed? Or does Kio want to move on now?
Definitely not axed. Genshiken is still very strong considering popularity and sales. Kio probably feels it's time to end it. I had a feeling that it wouldn't go much further but I still hoped for like two more volumes of material after Rame-senpai harem but well… I liked Nidaime. The characters were fine and fun. Their problems were interesting for the most part and even Harem arc was interesting in the end. It was different from the early Genshiken but that's what I liked - more interesting than letting the series grow stale.

Yonensei is still Kio's best work.