/msg/ - MODEL SENATE GENERAL

Bringing back a game that I've seen played here a few years ago...

Welcome to Model Congress, where we write and pass bills that we’d like to see the US Senate approve. The rules seem long and complicated, but they’re really just common procedures and logic. Also, make sure you're mentioning the right post when debating/amending/voting or it gets messy.

Rules of procedure:
1. Senators must have their name in the trip along with a tripcode (# and then password)
2. Senators may outline and propose bills
3. Once the president (OP) recognizes the bill, it may be debated, amended, voted upon, and discarded (in that order of precedence)
4. Senators may initiate debate by replying to the proposer with their points of disagreement
5. Senators may move to amend a bill by specifically outlining their amendments
6. Debate over an amendment may be initiated in the same manner as debating the original bill
7. Multiple amendments may be proposed and debated on in the order of their proposal
8. Once there are no more points of debate and no more amendments are proposed, any senator may move to vote on any amendment or the original bill
9. The motion to vote is voted upon and if at least half of senators agree to vote, the president initiates voting on the bill
10. If the bill receives more than half of the votes, it is passed into law
11. If the bill receives fewer than half of the votes, it is discarded and the next bill is taken into consideration
12. If the motion to vote is agreed to by less than half of senators, debate and amendment continues
13. If no point of debate or amendment is proposed, any senator may move to discard the bill
14. If the motion to discard the bill receives more than half the votes, the bill is discarded and the next bill is taken into consideration
15. If the motion to discard the bill receives less than half the votes, debate and amendment continues

This bill is to propose that all american citizens, upon the day they turn the age of 16, be required to undergo a 12 hour course in firearms safety training.

Upon completion of training the student shall recite the following oath:
"I, , solemnly swear by all that is Holy and Good in all of humanity and the universe at large, that I will only fire upon those that pose a threat to national and/or personal security. I understand that breaking this oath is punishable by death. God bless america."

Upon completion of the oath the student shall be issued an ar-15 with night vision sight and two full magazines of ammo (.223/5.56mm NATO)

It would be a good idea to define what certification/qualifications the firearms instructor is required to have, and establish some sort of baseline criteria for fundamentals that MUST be taught.

This is the most retarded shit I've ever seen.

This bill is recognized and now open for debate and amendment. This point of debate is recognized.

>being this new

Thank you Mr. President, my apologies for speaking outside of procedure - I didn't want the thread to die.

I would propose the following amendment:

>all american citizens, upon the day they turn the age of 16, be required to undergo a 12 hour course in firearms safety training.

all american citizens, upon the day they turn the age of 16, be required to undergo a 12 hour course in firearms safety training, taught by a citizen who is recognized as a firearms instructor.

A firearms instructor, for the purposes of this act, shall be recognized a
-A legal citizen in good standing with the government.
AND
-A person who has served in the country's federal armed services in a combat role.

I will yield, having proposed this amendment.

Mr. President I propose a amendment to change the oath to read.

"I, , solemnly swear by all that is Good in all of humanity and the universe at large, that I will only fire upon those that pose a threat to national and/or personal security. I understand that breaking this oath is punishable by death.

I will yield, having proposed this amendment.

Will acknowledge or accept either of the amendments made thus far?
Will accept into their amendment?

Will anyone move to vote on the bill or the amendments that are on the table?

>define what certification/qualifications the firearms instructor is required to have
Instructor must have served no less than (2) years active duty in the United States Army as infantry.
In the event of peace time where no member of the United States Army meets the aforementioned criteria, a member from the United States Navy Seals will be the instructor.

>establish some sort of baseline criteria for fundamentals that MUST be taught.

To be taught in the safety course:
Heavy emphasis throughout entire course that "this is a weapon that is designed to kill."
Trigger/Barrel discipline.
Firearm maintenance.
Proper firearm storage.
Proper ammunition storage.
Proper magazine loading/unloading.
Difference in ammo types.
Proper aiming technique for maximum effectiveness of weapon usage.
How to safely and accurately create ammunition. (correct grain weights, melting and recasting of shells, FULL SAFETY EXPLANATION OF PRIMERS, the difference between single-stage pressing/progressive pressing)
Must be fitted with bulletproof vest and safely shot by instructor to fully understand the weapons stopping power.

Addendum:
Instructor is required to judge students attitude and demeanor of the seriousness of the firearm safety training course.
If said instructor finds the person to be unfit for any reason (immature, hostile, excited, or otherwise not of calm mind towards the firearm and/or the idea of the firearm) said instructor may reschedule student for the firearms safety training course no earlier than (1) year from course failure date.

I recognize proposed amendment so as not to infringe on antidisestablishmentarianism.

i recognize with the change to "all american citizens, upon the day they turn the age of 16, be required to undergo a 12 hour course in firearms safety training, taught by a citizen who is recognized as a firearms instructor."

i do not recognize with the change of "-A legal citizen in good standing with the government."

What do you propose happens if the student is unable to pass the training after multiple attempts? Do they simply not revive the AR 15 and ammunition? Should they pay a fine for not being able to pass and wasting the instructors time?

and i yield.

The instructor is not necessarily an agent of the Government if he has been discharged from service.
I would say that procedurally the amendments affect different portions of the bill, and my acceptance is not necessary yet.

In the unlikely event that a student is unable to pass the course by the age of 21, the person is to be promptly stripped of citizenship and held indefinitely in a detention center for illegal aliens.

Fair enough. The floor remains open for debate and amendment. I look forward to the final form of this bill.

i recognize with the change to "all american citizens, upon the day they turn the age of 16, be required to undergo a 12 hour course in firearms safety training, taught by a citizen who is recognized as a firearms instructor."

i recognize with the change of "-A legal citizen in good standing with the government."

Will the instructor be able to charge a fee for training the students? why would the instructor go out of hes way to train students without compensation?

the instructor is to be paid as a public service employee.

Very well

This makes him an agent of the Government, however you took issue with the portion of Amendment 1 that required the instructor to be a citizen in good standing. Can you reconcile this?

I will accept "A citizen in good standing with the government that has previously received the firearms safety training course.
If no citizen that meets the aforementioned criteria is to be found then the Instructor must have served no less than (2) years active duty in the United States Army as infantry.
In the event of peace time where no member of the United States Army meets the aforementioned criteria, a member from the United States Navy Seals will be the instructor."

I concur and will yield for further proposal/motions

I concur as well.

Would any of the senators like to present a final text form of the bill, including all amendments thus far agreed upon? A motion to vote may be proposed after this.

This.
I propose that the age of consent be lowered to the average age where most citizens begin to be sexually active: high school age, 14. Every citizen should be required to fuck boi pu$$i to completion once a year. However, should someone be a registered, voting Democrat, the age of consent for their partners shall be raised to post roastie-age, 35, and any loli waifus that they own shall be redistributed to the nearest Chad.

This bill is to propose that all american citizens, upon the day they turn the age of 16, be required to undergo a 12 hour course in firearms safety training.

The Instructor of the firearms training safety course shall be:
A citizen in good standing with the government that has previously received the firearms safety training course.
If no citizen that meets the aforementioned criteria is to be found then the Instructor must have served no less than (2) years active duty in the United States Army as infantry.
In the event of peace time where no member of the United States Army meets the aforementioned criteria, a member from the United States Navy Seals will be the instructor.
Instructor is to be paid as a public service employee.

Heavy emphasis throughout entire course that "this is a weapon that is designed to kill."
Firearm maintenance.
Proper firearm storage.
How to safely and accurately create ammunition. (correct grain weights, melting and recasting of shells, FULL SAFETY EXPLANATION OF PRIMERS, the difference between single-stage pressing/progressive pressing)
Must be fitted with bulletproof vest and safely shot by instructor to fully understand the weapons stopping power.

Addendum:
Instructor is required to judge students attitude and demeanor of the seriousness of the firearm safety training course.
If said instructor finds the person to be unfit for any reason (immature, hostile, excited, or otherwise not of calm mind towards the firearm and/or the idea of the firearm) said instructor may reschedule student for the firearms safety training course no earlier than (1) year from course failure date.

>con't

>con't
In the unlikely event that a student is unable to pass the course by the age of 21, the person is to be promptly stripped of citizenship and held indefinitely in a detention center for illegal aliens.

"I, , solemnly swear by all that is Good in all of humanity and the universe at large, that I will only fire upon those that pose a threat to national and/or personal security. I understand that breaking this oath is punishable by death."

Upon completion of the oath the student shall be issued an ar-15 with night vision sight and two full magazines of ammo (.223/5.56mm NATO)

>In the unlikely event that a student is unable to pass the course by the age of 21, the person is to be promptly stripped of citizenship and held indefinitely in a detention center for illegal aliens.
I hate to prolong this debate, but I am a little iffy about this. If someone is physically unable to pass (lets say, for example, they were wounded in servixe to the Country), would there be exemptions?

There is no physical examination.
Being able to operate the firearm is not a requirement for the outline of the training.
Only understanding of the material of the firearms safety training course.

What If one is mentally unable to understand the teaching of the course. they have a mental disability.

If a person has a mental disability they are exempt from the course and therefore will not be issued a firearm.

One would also hope that no sane person would ever sell a firearm to such a person with such a mental deficiency, but this bill does not infringe upon their 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms.

Oogha Booga Hasa Diga Habowil?

move to vote on the proposed bill, providing
are agreed upon as amendments to be added in the "addendum" section

>No filibuster
Plebeian.

Agreed amendments be moved to "addendum" section.

Please vote aye or nay on the motion to vote on the proposed bill by Senator Liam

so propose a bill to change the rules?

Aye.

aye

aye

We will now vote on the following bill:

The Instructor of the firearms training safety course shall be:
A citizen in good standing with the government that has previously received the firearms safety training course.
Instructor is to be paid as a public service employee.

Firearm maintenance.
Proper firearm storage.

Addendum:

>cont'

>con't

"I, , solemnly swear by all that is Good in all of humanity and the universe at large, that I will only fire upon those that pose a threat to national and/or personal security. I understand that breaking this oath is punishable by death."

----------------------------------
Please vote aye or nay

>Literally 4 billion dollars annually, not even beginning to count the cost associated with paying instructors to provide this training, or any associated administrative overhead

Aye.

By unanimous vote, it this bill has been passed into law. The floor is open to new proposals.

aye

Wait so failures become a complete and indefinite burden on the state

In addition to the flat cost of providing the hardware, and the cost of training, if we have a shitty instructor we essentially create permanent tax burdens with no chance of repatriation out of our own citizens in addition to the investment we have already made in them through the education and healthcare system. We literally pay money to throw away our own money.

aye

ban negros

Perhaps we need to create a funding bill.

I propose we resign and defund the senate.

Please declare yourselves as senators (in your trip) and formally propose the bill, if that's what you want to do.

>if we have a shitty instructor
a "shitty instructor" would pass everybody without testing them.

I propose we all resign and defund the senate.

All in favor please say aye.

The state is an unconstitutional violation of the non-aggression principle. Therefore, we have no choice except to abolish it. All those of you who do not vote for my bill are no better than Nazis or Communists.

This proposal is executively discarded in the name of antidisgovernestablishmentarianism

Alternate proposal to change the presidential powers.

Rawn Powell always fucking things up in the Senate just like in my animes

Please formally outline your bill

This is a bill to propose self-sustainability of Illegal Alien Detention Centers.

Aforementioned detention centers shall have no less than (2) acres of farmland to grow crops.
Farmland to be farmed by detainees for said detainees survival.

Allotment for two separate rain water towers (one potable, one non-potable) will be maintained by detainees for detainees survival.

If a year with low rain, they go without.

Mr president I propose a funding bill to fund the gun safety course bill.

In order to pay for the cost of said program. This bill proposes a 1% tax on all firearms and ammunition.

additionally people convicted of violent gun crimes will be subject to a penalty of $5,000.

I yield the rest of my time.

Recognized and on the floor for debate and amendment

Recognized but held by procedure

>people convicted of violent gun crimes will be subject to a penalty of $5,000
this goes against the law.
the law clearly states in the oath taken that if you break the oath it is punishable by death.

i agree with a 1% tax on all firearms and ammunition.

I would like to propose that language is added to this bill to directly reference bill 1, and make them unseverable in the event of a repeal of either (so that it would, in effect, repeal them both)

By way of suggested vote, is taken off the floor and is now up for debate and amendment

Do you accept the amendments proposed by Mungus and Liam?

Amendments are recognized.

i only accept the amendment to the 1% tax.
i will not accept changing the punishment for crime committed with a firearm after completion of the training course from "capital punishment" to "fine".

Recognized

This is the current text of the amended bill.

Funding for Gun Safety Course:
This bill amends the Gun Safety course bill with the following addendum:
In order to pay for the cost of this gun safety course program. A 1% tax will be levied on all firearms and ammunition.

This is a bill to make the Holocaust the only curriculum in schools.

i move to vote.

Floor is currently close to new proposals but it has been added to the list of held bills:
Senators, for the sake of time, please vote on the motion in this format:
[vote on motion to vote], [vote on proposal]

aye, aye

aye on motion to vote, aye on proposal.

aye on motion to vote, aye on proposal

By unanimous vote, the Funding amendment to the Gun Safety Course bill has been passed

This man is an impostor. I demand the senate recognize that I am the real Donald Trump.

motion to reintroduce held bill.

Donald Trump, please sit down. You may declare yourself as a senator if you like.

Please declare yourself as a senator.

This bill is now on the floor for amendment and debate

Mr. President, I propose the following bill.

Declare Senator Donald Trump the True President of the United States.

Is rain water safe to drink? I think we might need to do something with mineral or ph level.

Senate does not have the power to vote on the POTUS. Bill discarded by procedure.

Holocaust curriculum bill remains on the held bill list.

Mr. President, I propose a bill.

That the senate have the power to vote the POTUS by majority vote.

the bill states that one tower has potable water.
the specifics of filtration and sterilization of the rain water into potable water is not outlined in the bill.

Please refrain from speaking off topic while another bill is on the floor for debate. However, your proposal is interpreted as a constitutional amendment and is added to the list of held bills:

Thank you, Mr. President.

acknowledged

Mr. President, I move to reject consideration on all currently held bills? as the senators have both violated procedural rule #1

I object!

Aye that is true.

Please add a tripcode and your bill will be reconsidered.

Yes sir, Mr. President.

This bill remains the only held one.

I also ask whether any senator would like to move to vote on this bill. It remains unamended

i vote senator donald trump's bill be thrown out based on the grounds if the senate can vote on the potus then the government becomes an oligarchy and will disrupt our democratic process.

You aren't even a senator. Remove yourself pleb.

i move on this
aye, aye.

i reiterate this post.
and this post.

aye on motion to vote, aye on proposal

Oh sorry didn't realize it was you, Mr. Mungus.

This bill is passed by unanimous vote.