What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

muh waifu

no one would ride his Gendo train

autism

Nothing, he was by far the most likeable character in the show.

He had to parent a problem child.

He was a retard wrangler who snapped one day...

Nothing

His collections of loli fuck-dolls got smashed

>he was by far the most unlikeable character in the show.
FYFY

He hadn't found the perfect razor yet

That's not Ritsuko's mother.

I'd be pretty pissed too

Imagine you're an introverted nerd who can't connect with other people and is literally afraid of social interaction (shouldn't be too difficult). Now imagine that a beautiful woman sees through that, is attracted to you, starts dating you and getting you to come out of your shell. You'd probably be the happiest you've ever been right? Then she dies.

Gendo is basically an Sup Forums poster who had his perfect waifu fall into his lap only to slip through his fingers. He's obssessed with getting her back because there is literally no other reason for him to live. He's an anti-social faggot who hates other people and no chance of getting lucky enough for someone to actually bother getting to know him again so he concocts a ridiculously contrived scheme to get literally the only thing he cares about in the world, the only thing that has ever given him true happiness, back.

That's Gendo.

That was an excellent post, user.

There's a year between the Contact Experiment and sending Shinji away that isn't shown except maybe by Shinji's newspaper flashbacks. The most hilarious part of Gendo's parenting is that he may actually have tried.

You actually managed to explain it perfectly, thanks user.

This was wrong. Gendo wasn't Sup Forums, Gendo was Josh Hartnett's character from The Faculty. A genius with wasted potential. He was handsome, charismatic, but a drunkard who kept getting into fights. Yui gave him purpose in life and was able to have him live up to his potential. He wasn't some neckbeard weeb who got lucky.

Gendo is Shinji from the future or the original timeline.

In Gendo was Sup Forums, he'd just switch waifus the next anime season though

He's essentially Shinji with a beard. That should tell you plenty

top kek user

sums up why he' so fucking awful.

A faggot who can't get over his dead waifu
shit, man

I read the OP as
>What the fuck was his pokemon

I think this is a much better question.

He makes Mewtwos so he can stuff legendaries inside other legendaries and go make the legendariest pay.

An insane psychopath with no morals, conscience or even basic human empathybent on killing every human on teh planet
Yeah, that would sum him up i guess
The main villain of the show, not the angels but him

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

He was talking about gendo not rei

Hos is that description not accurate?
There are 3 antagonist in the show, Seele, Genzo (part of Seele) and angels. And realistically Genzo is the on responsible for everything, not only one to make sure Seele plan goes along but also the one who could stop it and did nothing. We only learn about how fucked up Genzo is near the end of show knowing about his shitty character and misstatement of everybody around him till that point, but still in retrospect it makes him the main villain.

>Genzo
I mean did you even bother to check?

Kek, meant Gendo obviously, watching movie with one eye. Dunno where i took Genzo from.

>Gendo known as infamous neckbeard among
>Somehow he manages to score the young QT daughter of one of the illuminati headmasters
>Even has a kid with her and plan to make a possible daughter in the future

Literally how? I too would be devastated having been so lucky and then having it snatched away

Where did this 'Gendo was a huge autist' meme come from? The flashback into his past made him look like an asshole genius was always getting into fights.

If destroying the world to make your waifu live is wrong, I don't want to be right.

The poker face he started wearing full time when he began his scenario and the awkward small talk with Rei. He never stopped being a sarcastic dick, though, he's just very rarely heckling his son. If you go back his first words to Shinji even sound sort of chipper.

>yfw you realize Gendo is literally a failed version of Shinji, someone who couldn't overcome the divisions between people and wanted to destroy them
>yfw you realize Shinji overcomes this/him by giving humanity a second chance

Even better Rebuild Shinji is walking the same path as Gendo. He sacrifices everyone else to save Rei at the end of 2.0

He probably tried, realised shinji was a shitty brat and could never replace yui then sent him away to make it easier to use him, can't sacrifice a son you unwillingly got close to

and anno did rebuild as a big shitpost on Rei & Misato just to give his waifus Asuka & Kaworu the place at #1 popularity that he thought they deserved. anno = gendo

>Who is Ritsuko and her mother

Gendo ~A Man Robbed of His Waifu~

Which manga is this from?
The reverse image search nearly never works on black and white.

The official one, that's Sadamoto's manga.

> He sacrifices everyone else to save Rei at the end of 2.0

Shinji, as always, has no idea what is happening and what he has got himself into. You can hardly blame him for trying to save rei when he had no idea that it was going to start 3rd impact

That's not really true, though. Shinji did in no way sacrifice everyone else. He had no idea what was going on, and from his perspective, he was doing his job. Even from an outside perspective, ref. Misato, it was clear that he was doing the right thing.

None of them save Gendo could have known that the whole situation was rigged to blow. It's like a firemna saving the cat from a tree, and then the tree explodes killing the whole neighbourhood.

To say the fireman or Shinji sacrificed others to save, is a downright lie.

Gendo was the true hero.

Probably Ditto

Good point

Is Gendo seven feet tall or is Shinji just a manlet?

A 14 year old boy shouldn't be that much shorter than his father

Why didn't Shinji just talk to Gendo?

hedgeheg

Why can't you just talk to the 10/10 down the street?

Because he didn't know how.

His wife turned into orange tang.

Being a waifuffagot

>implying you wouldn't do the same things he did if your waifu met you, loved you unconditionally, then died

The worst part about Gendo is hes a Rei fag.

hes got the worst waifu

gendo is a 10/10 user

Sometimes I wonder if Gendo ever got so frustrated about nob being able to fuck Yui, that he did the next best thing and just fished an empty Rei-clone out of the Tang Tank, smashed that underaged extraterrestrial-waifu hybrid as hard as he could, orange primordial liquid sloshing everywhere as those cold red lifeless eyes simply stared at the ceiling, put a bullet in the rei clone, and then disposed of the body. Hell, I bet he does this a few times a week. Fuck, Fuyutsuki has probably walked in on him doing it right on his desk, and just awkwardly turned 180 degrees and walked away, knowing that if he said anything, Gendo would kill him.

just my two cents on that

>knowing that if he said anything, Gendo would kill him.
Why the fuck would Gendo kill Fuyutsuki, though? He's his right-hand man, he needs him, and he's pretty much the only (alive) person he doesn't treat like shit

Wait, is this the manga? What is this? It looks like the begging and I've just bought the first volume.