If there is a God I'm fucked. Can someone convince there isn't one?

If there is a God I'm fucked. Can someone convince there isn't one?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpMTAPw1gY
padreperegrino.org/2017/09/28/how-many-will-be-saved/
padreperegrino.org/2017/10/02/hugh-hefner-part-ii/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hycjHApNNOM
youtube.com/watch?v=jHKIaFjxGPY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Im32bBbwg&feature=youtu.be&t=173
youtube.com/watch?v=HmmAph4Dpyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nah he's real. Repent and be saved.

What have you done that is so terrible that God wouldn't forgive you? You sound like a terribly selfish prick, and your Gadsden flag leads me to believe you're a self-interested libertine and degenerate

Don't get me wrong, I do hope this is a just universe. I'm just not convinced it a God would make it so.

God is a meme. Do you really think there's an almighty creator who's omniscient, omnipresent, loves us all, yet does absolutely nothing to ease pain and suffering? God was created by men to control other men when it was clear that men can be controlled through fear of death and the unknown.

Well, I'll tell you what. I'm not sure what kind of God you're talking about, but if you're talking about Christianity, the Methodist idea of God working through his loyal children is very much true. After all, He did give us free will, therefore he works through those who choose to do what he commands

There is a God.
Your consciousness is actually a piece of God.
The human body is a complex chemical reaction.
Fire is a chemical reaction. It burns and will stay alive until it can't survive any longer and then the fire dies. Fire is not conscious.
Your body is the same way. Your body is a chemical reaction that takes action to sustain itself. Breathing, eating, shivering when cold, sweating when hot etc.
The brain is wired as such that it acts in a mechanical way. Observing light and passing that into the brain through the optical nerve.
Like fire, a human body does not NEED a consciousness at all. It could be a fleshy robot that acts on instinct and biological drives to sustain itself.

But the fact that you HAVE a consciousness is where the prospect of a "soul" can reside. Consciousness is not necessary, so why does it exist?

Now here is where it gets freaky.
You are God. Separated from himself and encapsulated in matter in this realm. Separated from God, your memories are confined to the stored memories in your brain.

Not only are YOU God, but I am God. Your parents are God. Trump and Hillary are God. Just incarnated in various forms. Since God is outside of time it is possible that he inhabits both the Mother and the Child simultaneously.

When you die, your spark will return to God like a drop of rain water returning back to the Ocean. Your individuality will be retained as the sensory "Data" you collect in life will be imported to the master hard drive of God. Thats why people say their relatives are in heaven, because those partitioned data sets are there too, but all integrated into the one.

That is what Jesus mean by "What you do unto others you also do unto me".
An executioner and the executed is God beheading God. Just different manifestations of God that are completely unaware of their divine origin.

You don't want justice, bro. You want mercy. The good news is that Jesus has already done everything necessary for you to receive the Father's perfect grace and mercy. Repent and be saved. Research the doctrine of double imputation. There is victory in Jesus.

Dunno about you, OP but simply the observation of the world wrought by godlessness has been enough to shift me to Christianity.

I'll see you in Saturn

Read some Ayn Rand, she all but hard-proves it

I would like to add that I personally hold a Deistic point of view in regards to God, in that I believe he exists as the Natural Law that science exists to examine and quantify. I agree with you in that I'm not entirely sure how He can actually influence our world.

There is a God and his name Is KEK

I used to believe in mormon jesus, but when I was on my mission I realized my worship and study had led me down a drastically different path from my peers. This despite the fact that we worked from the same doctrine, which taught that god provides revelation to all men who seek it. I realized that I had dug myself into a LARP pit, and blinded myself to the evidence around me.

If God exists, he isn't mormon, and he doesn't tell anyone shit when they ask. Given that my original faith was mormon, and all of the basis for my belief was fundamentally flawed, I decided to work on rebuilding my beliefs from the ground up.

I no longer believe there is a god. Not because I have some mind-blowing evidence of non-existence, but because I have yet to find a single compelling case for one to exist.

>inb4 various accusations
I have read the full bible multiple times. (KJV)

REPENT

Some musings:

It is possible that God is also in every blade of grass, every bacteria, every animal.
The spark of life is just a small part of God's energy that animates lifeless matter.

So God exists not only everywhere and anytime on earth. But also every form of life in the universe. God is present in all alien life forms no matter how far away.
This realm seems vast due to time and space. But God is bigger than time and space. God doesn't fuck around with Time or Space. The beginning and the end has already occurred to God.

Sin is powerful because you are bringing negative data back with you into God's kingdom.
If your "data set" is too corrupted, God rejects the entire life experience. And you are in "hell" which means that your data set is suspended outside of the master data set of God.
Most likely, you'll be put with the negative emotions you caused on earth. So if you killed someone you have to experience the murder from the other person's point of view.

Why do you assume its a binary choice? Just because the Christian god isn't real doesn't mean that god doesn't exist

Fortunately, our God is a merciful one.

If you die killing infidel in the name of God, you'll be saved, and granted 72 virgins in the afterlife.

If god is real then you best get a repenti'n

Madoka is the true god of man and Shadow-chan is her envoy.

>Good goy, push atheism and shill for Communism

Ray Cum-fart and Ken Ham are retards though. They're the kind of blind followers who accept the Bible literally and don't question anything whatsoever. Also, posting shitty-ass atheist Facebook memes isn't going to challenge anyone or make anyone think about the issue, it just makes you look like an edgy 14 year old child on mommy's Macbook.

Go read Sylvia Plath kys and tell us if he's real

Despair was the one thing separating Judas from Peter.

>Theodicy
This is an Epicurean, pre-Christianity meme.

Wow someone's triggered

Wow. What an argument! When there is so much evidence that Titus and Caesars made it all up for political power and stability.

>Romans 10:9
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

>Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

>Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

>John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Your works do not save you. You must believe on Jesus Christ as your savior.

This. Look at every country that embraces secularism and watch their social structure descend into madness.

Youbdon't have to repent to be saved(you still should though)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpMTAPw1gY

>Calling someone else triggered when he can't fight on a level beyond retarded atheist facebook maymays

gib church recommendation. Have been doing Anglican bc orthodox is non existent here, and pope is satan

Accept the lord Jesus Christ as your savior and be filled with the spirit. Set your heart unto wisdom, repent, and be saved user.

God is real user. Get right with Him.

And what happens if you commit horrendous acts? Do you not rejoin God?

>Roman paganism literally made the emperor a God
>Somehow Christianity would give more power to the emperor

Anglican only exists because because of Henry VIII's autistic screeching. They completely hijacked Luther's movement for their own gain.

Nah, you are probably a reprobate sociopath and that incomplete soul is going straight into the Lake of Fire after death. Heh, nothing personal.

Go to confession and be saved. It's not too late.

padreperegrino.org/2017/09/28/how-many-will-be-saved/

padreperegrino.org/2017/10/02/hugh-hefner-part-ii/

>And what happens if you commit horrendous acts? Do you not rejoin God?

I don't know.

I don't know if there is a period that you are segregated and contained from the oneness of the spirit of God, like a bottle of water next to a swimming pool.

I don't know if this lasts eternity or if there is some sort of cleansing/filtering process. (purgatory?)

Or if your corrupt soul is "deleted" and your entire experience is lost.

I don't know if only the Good parts are integrated and the bad parts are cast out. So you have "memory loss" of some kind.

I really don't know to be honest.

You create your own geometry, god is just the mechanic

do i really need to be catholic? any other options? Current pope is destroying holiness

>Go to confession

help pol, honestly my soul is just feeling lost in the winds of ideological change. please help

>went to private Church of England School
>As did my dad, my uncles and my grandpa
>one of my uncles wants to marry his second wife in the school chapel
>Chaplin refuses on the basis my uncle had been divorced
>My uncle points out that's pretty rich considering the basis of the CoE is a fucking divorcee getting remarried
That, in addition to the Queen being the head of the CoE and standing silent while England is invaded by muslims and Sharia Law gradually instituted, is why the church of england can fuck right off in my opinion.

Have you heard of Christopher Langan?

If you rejoice in the Spidey he will grant you the strength of the web for the Spidey is in every blade of grass in your heart in all our hearts is the Spidey but you must accept him let the Spidey know you are his by dabbing those haters that hate because you believe in THE SPIDEY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

No, why?
Should I just google him?

Their claim that isvara, the primordial God and Creator, is the only
cause of the universe is rejected by Vasubandhu. His reasons
are that if God were the first cause everything that results from
this cause had to come into existence at once and not gradually.
That means the universe had to be created in one step and not
in the process of a long-lasting evolution, as was commonly
accepted in ancient India. Given this viewpoint, Vasubandhu
asks the Hindu theists what caused God to prevent everything
from coming into existence at the same moment. They answer
that He did not wish so, which leads Vasubandhu to speculate
that this Creator is subject to something outside of Himself that
makes His will changing, an assumption that contradicts the
concept of a primordial God and Creator/'

Santideva, an 8th century Buddhist master, talks of God in
the 9th chapter of his Bodhicarydvatdra as follows:
'God is the cause of the world.' Tell me, who is God? The elements?
Then why all the trouble about a mere word? (119) Besides
the elements are manifold, impermanent, without intelligence
or activity; without anything divine or venerable; impure.
Also such elements as earth, etc., are not God.(120)
Neither is space God; space lacks activity, nor is dtman—that we
have already excluded. Would you say that God is too great to
conceive? An unthinkable creator is likewise unthinkable, so that
nothing further can be said. (121)7

Christian lagan I love that anime

There is substantial evidence for Jesus Christ and his resurrection.

He says pretty much what you're saying. I'm really starting to think all this God stuff is true.

Also this video but it's much longer
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hycjHApNNOM

If you want to know the truth of God look at the world around you. Not just the rocks and trees but the men and women who inhabit it. See what secular men would can good and just and know in your heart it is wrong even if your own flesh tries to tell you otherwise. Be disgusted with the evils of the world and you will find only God denounces them all. Seek out the truth and strive to deny the evils of the world and God will make himself known to you. No matter what sins you have committed Jesus died that they may be forgiven and if you accept him into your heart and ask for forgiveness you will one day meet him yourself in the Kingdom of Heaven. So what do you have to lose OP? If he isn't real then all you would have wasted is time that you would have wasted on something else of lesser importance and if he is real you gain salvation for your very soul. I'll be praying for you.

wow almost like man can hold his own creed

There is zero evidence for the resurrection. There is a mountain of evidence that teaches that Jesus "The Christ" is a myth. All God(s) are man made.

>He says pretty much what you're saying.
>google him "most intelligent man in the world"
>mfw I came to the same kind of conclusions as him

Well that's an ego booster

> I'm really starting to think all this God stuff is true.
It is, but just in a... non-concrete way.
It's almost like one of those 3D paintings that you need to look "through" it to see it.

And that the ancient stories of the world were symbolic approximations and not to be taken literally. But they hold wisdom and virtue that are true although the stories themselves are not "factual"

Fedoras: LOL talking snake?! Fairy tales!
"no, damn it, not an actual talking snake you dumb shit, read between the lines" Kind of thing.

Been doing a lot of thinking about this myself lately, and it's come to this. There is a god, but not just an entity greater than humans. The western god is real and in some capacity has proved himself by how well western society, built on Christianity has done. So you could take this as there being a literal big man in the sky.

This same god exist as an idea though, or collection of ideas. Like KEK, who gave us President Trump in 2016, year of the frog, a god gains a foothold in reality by how much his followers do based on that god's ideals. And since all of western society was built on Christianity, you could say the Christian god is very real.

youtube.com/watch?v=jHKIaFjxGPY

best of luck and God bless, user

>Angry God sends you to hell for punishment
Calvinist bullshit. A more appropriate comparison would be ignoring a "do not touch fire" sign and sticking your hand in the campfire, then getting painting the sign as the villain who threw your hand into the fire.

Check out the book the Protestant's Dilemma by Devin Rose. Also check out other stuff, like Scott Hahn's books, or Matthew Kellys. Alternatively, check out Catholic answers. Definitely research both sides, but Catholic answers (at catholic.com) is one of the best places to research why Catholics believe what they believe. It's super comprehensive. But do research both sides. Don't let yourself ever stop searching for truth, and don't let yourself be lulled into taking easy answers. We have to try our best to take up our crosses and follow Christ.

The emperor was a demigod, and so there were other gods that could be appealed to as a higher power. Consolidating divinity into one god created a much different religious dynamic which, when compounded by appeals to authority within the religion, means that any who question the divine right of the king are also heretics set against the god that put the king there. Christianity is literally the root of cuckoldry.

I recommend Chesterton. I recommend The Thing and Orthodoxy as two of his best books.

There is a God. I prayed for a miracle, got one, acted like a degenerate and now feeling His wrath. Praying hard but doesn't seem to be working.

Please God forgive me. I need my miracle.

Your works alone*.

Your works are required, loving Jesus is just a side effect and privelege of being as virtuous as he.

Digits at least

It doesn't take any real argument to prove the existence of God. Just look at the fruits of secularism. Anyone who still has their head on straight will become a theist.

The current state of society is like the end of a proof by contradiction. Suppose for the sake of argument that God does not exist... Then it's okay for men to marry, pressure your sons into hormone therapy to turn them into little girls and have sex with your dog, which is absurd. Therefore, God exists, QED.

What people call "God", has been manipulated through time, but the essential idea of God is completely real.

If you have treated people badly, you WILL face the consequences eventually, whether it be in this life or after you die.

This entire reality is nothing but an experience and a learning process. If you don't learn, you will just come back to repeat your lesson all over again.

I'd imagine all Denominations are guilty of something God is not pleased with. So no you do not need to be Catholic any more than you need to be Protestant or Orthodox. You need only place your faith in Jesus Christ who died on the cross for your sins and three days later rose again. It is by faith we are saved and not by works or what format the traditions of our worship take and our interpretations of the details that only distract us from the Truth that is Jesus Christ.

>>Slaughter the pig, the self rightous king for your own
>>Restoration. For your God is in your chest, and faith kills
>>What is precious, for death is unanswered.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Im32bBbwg&feature=youtu.be&t=173

Fuck GOD.

My name is the tetragrammaton, my birthday is the first day of the year, i have witnessed miracles in my lifetime, i was also shitposting in another unrelated conspiragook world thread about an hour ago.

AMA

or don't idc, you would prob be disappointed anyway.

conspiragook world order*

Read the Kybalion and begin the road to the truth.

find psilocybin mushrooms & eat them.
you will achieve what you seek.

>"God is real" - the Bible
>"Spider-Man is real" - Spider-Man comics

Flawless logic

youtube.com/watch?v=HmmAph4Dpyw

This video should explain why you should accept Christ OP. Short of literally giving your soul to Satan and making a deal Jesus will save you if you come to him, seek salvation and come to Him. He died for you because He loves you and wants you to come to Him but only on your own accord.

When you do and you seriously pursue a relationship with Him then you will see a change in your personhood.

God bless you and keep you all brother, and to all my brothers and sisters of Man and Christ.

>assuming god is semitic
How does someone of such low intelligence stumble into this place?

You don't need to do any works at all.

Romans 4
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

>"Thomas Jefferson was real" - Textbook
Wake up sheeple!

I don't know what works they're referencing, but the work that matters is for those who have sinned; to do what must be done to make things right. To have never sinned but believe, there may be no work for them to do. What you must not do however, is believe jesus died for your sins. You are millenia seperated from the time of Jesus' death.

You must repent on your own will alone, to cleanse yourself and be like Jesus.
Do not idolize him, love him.

I was raped and tortured as a child. What's my "change in personhood" gonna look like?

This is referring to the works of the Law of Moses. Paul was attacking the Judaizers, who were a group of people who said that Christians had to follow the old Jewish customs, like the dietary laws.

Other parts of the Bible clarify this, especially, James Chapter 2. Also, Matthew Chapter 25 clarifies the importance of good works when he separates saints from sinners based on what they did for him. There are other parts too that drive it home. Luke's Lazarus story too.

Why are you lying??????

You can't "idolize" God. God is you're supposed to worship.

Jesus did die for our sins, which gave us grace, but we do have to choose to follow him, through Christ. We can't just say okay, Jesus died for us, so now all we have to do is wait to get whisked into Heaven.

I'm not.

P.S., I really liked your reaction pic from earlier in the thread, user.

To my, admittedly feeble, understanding unless otherwise specified (as with dietary laws) the old Law stands.

At least that's how I interpret Matt 5:18
>Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished

if you want to do respect god, respect thyself

idk too much about jesus desu, i just know sin exists and those who ignore their sins will never attain everlasting life. An understandable misunderstanding of Jesus dying for your sins is to be cleared of your wrongdoings and allowed into heaven if you didn't clear them yourself.

Thx, but you still are not excused

Jesus also isn't god. Or if he was, he's long gone.

You're asking for a whole hell of hurt if Jesus turned out to be God.