What does Sup Forums think of a road being built to connect Russia and America?

What does Sup Forums think of a road being built to connect Russia and America?

Other urls found in this thread:

business.tenntom.org/why-use-the-waterway/shipping-comparisons/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Has anyone here ever driven that road before? It looks boring. I bet a lot of drivers fall asleep because there are no turns.

Easy access to eastern Europe to find a waifu without having to take a plane? Yes please.

No, thanks. Not unless both countries were under strict White Nationalist control. Otherwise it will just be a never-ending flow of Asiatics coming our way and some far eastern Russian city would become a niggerized hellhole.

>tfw the East is the West/the West is the East and your whole life is a lie

I think it's an interesting proposition, but that a railway would be far more practical. Imagine driving from DC to Moscow, it'd take you like a week, and there's no gas stations in the middle of fucking Siberia.

Just use the east Russian part of the road as target practise for the Russian military when those people come.

The cost of building such a road would greatly outweigh the practical benefits of it

I think it's a cool idea, but imagine the maintenance. Most of that area gets buried in snow f2fgor half or more of the year.

Makes it easier to send people to siberian gulags.

Would make for a pretty awesome road trip.

>target practise for Chinese and "Russian" civilians
ftfy

I'm just imagining the an-caps reaction now pic related.

What's the point in roads?

Didn't Obi Won already ride it

no gas stations yet....being the guy who owns the land that the road goes through...that's the guy who's going to get rich off of this

I'm saying that when the niggers come to east Russia via the big road from America they can shoot the niggers as target practise.

>road
Why not a rail line?

Doesn't make sense to travel by car or train from European part of Russia. From Siberia either.

Shit route. It should just connect to the existing highway system from Alaska. Basically it should bypass Albertastan and just go directly south through British Columbia to hook up with the existing US interstate system

Would never happen though because "MUH ebil Russian" also chinks should be banned from that road

Retarded. You can literally fly to Russia, rent a car and it'd be cheaper
>Muh cheaper goods from Europe
Literally cheaper to put them on a boat and sail them 15 hours to America than put them on a train and railway them 3 days
>Itd be nice to see Russian wilderness
Nigga you don't even go camping. Who are you kidding?
>Its good to have choice with regards to transporting goods
The US has the biggest navy in the world. This literally only supports China to get around US naval blockades
Tl;Dr it's a retarded idea with 0 benefits

DC to Moscow is a hell of a lot longer than a week, chief. Assuming that you stop to rest overnight, it takes a week to drive across Canada.

Again, I say, bullet trains. Bullet trains everywhere

Also, you'd have to have some serious checkpoints once you get into Russia. People are going to need their money exchanged, passports checked, etc. You could fuel up right before you left the US and only get like 1/2 the way through Russia before you totally run out again.

I really like the idea of it, the idea of driving from home to Moscow and camping in Siberia during the summer is really fucking comfy, but I just don't see a practical use for it.

>roads

>cooperation among different communities == anarcho capitalists bucking and hollering

You just outed yourself as not American.

>people are going to need their money exchanged, passports checked, etc
Oh right so like every single border in the world outside of Schengen Area? Fucking brainlet.

Seems like a real convoluted way to get the inevitable tanks across the ocean, but sure. Whatever speeds this shit up.

Ancaps are FURIOUS

this

Not needed. Flying is easier and faster

No fucking shit, I'm just saying that Russia is going to need to make a big investment into stationing government personnel in a relatively uninhabited area. There's no towns in the region where the road would begin, so a lot of infrastructure is going to have to be built there. Same on our side, but there are some small towns there.

10/10 would drive

>You could fuel up right before you left the US and only get like 1/2 the way through Russia before you totally run out again.
you are entirely underestimating how large russia is

>wtf! ancaps don't like retard projects!

because:

Yeah, meant to say Siberia, and even then it'd be more like 1/4 of it.

not into it.

How are planes meant to land if there are no roads? Land them in the forest.

No, if this were to ever be built you'd have special economic zones in any towns/stations/rest stops along the road.

Also keep in mind that if this does happen, it probably will eventually, it's just an American extension of the Silk Road.

>tanks roll in
>take literally weeks to advance
>get stuck as soon as they cross the ocean because the roads aren't properly maintained because there is zero infrastructure within a thousand miles
>ends up looking like a frozen version of iraq's highway of death
another loss to the russian winter meme

We're not just talking about PEOPLE, but trade goods, cargo, etc. If a road were to ever be built you can bet your ass it'll come alongside a railway and special economic zones.

Eventually, it will come with a bullet train(s) as well.
Sort of like the Transcontinental Railroad I'd imagine.

if they help us take out NK and Iran, road trip.

Seems real expensive to avoid a ferry ride

> driving through canada
this kills the plan

Improbable at best, considering the costs.

business.tenntom.org/why-use-the-waterway/shipping-comparisons/
Fuel:
>514 miles/gallon/ton average for ship
>202 miles/gallon/ton average for train
>59 miles/gallon/ton average for truck

China is competitive until they get their blue water fleet built, blown out of the water, and America fills its place with our own merchant fleets. I'll write my congressman and let him know we need to treat australia fairly. China can starve and burn, for all I care.

basically the only reason it never happened was because it is very expensive to build in arctic/tundra areas. there are initiatives to build both a road and a railway, but politics and territorial deputes prevents the roads being build

Do you WANT more reindeer herders sneaking over here?? What is wrong with you?

>tfw automated kite-sail systems aren't in widespread use on cargo ships to increase their efficiency even further

kek says fuck reindeer

kek says a road will be built from earth to mars

dear God

Yea about a week I imagine depending on things. Takes me 18-22 hours to drive from Naples Florida to Peoria IL give or take stops/construction. Moving through two borders would eat up some time for sure too.