Why is 99% of sports anime trash?

Why is 99% of sports anime trash?
>pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A-D6RwES6Ls
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've only watched Haikyuu and Kuroko so I don't really know

Those are the only ones I've finished and everything else I try to pick up ends up being terrible

Most of it isn't though, it's hard to fuck up such a simple, formulaic genre.

because sports are boring

Implying

I feel you. Yhose two are my favorite. But you don't like slam dunk?

sports shows probably have the highest average quality, at least out of any genre that i can think of really.

not enough cure grisl

I haven't watched it, should I?

Other genres also have a lot more shows to pick from.

I like it. Not as much as Kuroko, I liked kuroko, but I like it it's like a 100 episodes though so it's a commitment.

sports is the most consisent genre

then you opinion is shit, those are 2 of the worst

I've watched Cross Game 5 times now, it's probably one of my favorite anime of all time.

Every summer is Cross Game rewatch time. I tell anyone who doubts it to at least watch the first episode and see if you don't get hooked. Also watching the op helps too.

youtube.com/watch?v=A-D6RwES6Ls

>literally only watched 2 sports series
>thinks he can pass judgement on the genre as a whole
Fuck off with this rec thread, newfag

Are you autistic?

Sports anime in general are pretty decent, I'm always surprised how much I end up liking them if I actually pick some up.

What I like about sports anime is most are feel good where the Mc or mcs lose a game but win the big one. I just wish there were more.. not realistic because it's anime, but I wish they didn't name all their passes in them

No, I have enough self awareness to realize when I'm too uninformed on a topic to make retarded assumptions

I wish it wouldn't typically follow a total beginner who learns at a bullshit rate and has incredible fashion for the sport.

Haikyuu follows the standard sports-shounen storyline to a letter.

I don't understand how someone who thinks 99% of sports anime are bad could like Haikyuu.

You really think it's better than Ippo or Ping Pong?

Baby Steps. I'd be surprised if you didn't watch that and asked for that

On the contrary, I wish there were more where they lose the big games and never achieve their dreams.

>Other genres also have a lot more shows to pick from.
this is probably one of the main reasons sport shows have higher quality

I have, I was just talking in general.

Because haikyuu is probably the only sports anime they watched and since it's so fucking generic and formulaic it's easy to digest. I take solace in the fact that season 3 will kill their haikyuu hype once and for all.

I second whoever mentioned Cross Game, and Princess Nine was also really good.

Having shit taste AND being an edgelord? Must suck to know you're a disappointment to more than just your parents.

>not enough sports anime with side romance

>saying I have shit taste and posting worst boy
I guess I should have known better than to insult jump babies shonenshit. Try not to let the s3 threads die prematurely.

They know its impossible to surpass AftA and AnJ so sports anime is basically ecchi bait and fujoshib bait now

This. Sport hasn't change much since Ashita no Joe, so most of them are too similar and fade into obscurity. Just like haikyuu and kuroko will.

I'm not worried. If it gets close to falling off, some edgy little bitch like you will inevitably shitpost in it and bump it back up. Immortality through your stupidity is karma enough.

But HQ's boys are some of the cutest.

>32 replies
>no one mentioned Ace of Diamond yet

Why does Sup Forums have such shit taste?

Good thing I know how to sage.

Probably because there is nothing noteworthy about it and it has become forgotten because of that.

Ippo > Chihayafuru, Ping Pong > Rest

>I don't understand how someone who thinks 99% of sports anime are bad could like Haikyuu.
Haikyuu has great animation, perfect pacing and good characterization. It's just tropes but it gets the better of them, I understand why people would fall for it.

If you're looking for pure standard sports shonen that isn't very interesting or well done, the best example would be Eyeshield 21.

>cute
We are not reading the same manga my friend.

>No mention of Oofuri
>No mention of Tsuritama (fishing counts as a sport, right?)
I'd say Yowapedal too, but they had to ruin best boy by turning him into a trap. Just unforgivable.

good sports anime:

>ping pong
>ippo
>joe
>ace

the end

Kenma is very cute.

Ace is regular sports anime tier.

Not really, It just didn't get that much attention because normalfags don't even know it exists.

galactic football

Good thing ippo is in that 1%

Modern sports series are all frigging garbage generic shit that's unbelievably predictable as fuck with most cheesy dialogue you could ask for.

Better off watching real sports

Ippo is basically Naruto: Boxing edition

Swap it with aim for the ace

Add One Outs and you're golden, would consider YowaPedal but im 50/50 on it.

All haikyuu boys look like ugly gremlins because of the authors failed horror manga.

>Implying ippo is anything more than perpetually ongoing tournament arcs.
Ippo is just as bland and unimpressive narrative-wise and thematically as the majority of sports anime. The only thing that makes the fanboys delusional are the admittedly more engaging fights.

>aim for the ace
I heard people praise it. Any truth to that?

Its goid, although too slow for some

>perpetually ongoing tournament arcs
>engaging fights
Yes, it's perfect.

>Why is 99% of sports anime trash?
because they are just gay fujoshit, and you meant to say pic related because volleyball is for fucking girls

I think the problem is that the sport aside is always inferior to the real thing, so the only way to shine is having very good character interactions. This is why shoujo and josei manga are often so good, at least the ones that got animated, they know the sport is just an excuse to talk about the characters.

t. Sup Forums

>admittedly more engaging fights
>not all that character development
It's head and shoulders above most of other sports anime. I'm talking about season 1 here, the rest are kinda bland.

This is still my favorite sports manga

Running 10 yards has never been hype.

>50+ posts
>Nobody mentions Giant Killing
Let me fix this.

>implying soprts anime is shit
Theres tons of good/great sports anime and manga. Ashita no Joe, Rokudenashi Blues, Rookies, Major, Hajime no Ippo, Kinnikuman (Unless you dont think wrestling counts as a sport) and Slam Dunk.

>don't even know it exists.
Because there is nothing special about it. When a truly great sports anime comes out even the so called normalfags (the way you're using that word it just implies people with taste) are watching it.

>It's head and shoulders above most of other sports anime.
The key word here is sports anime. It's basically the same thing as saying a harem or CGDCT show are head and shoulders above most of their peers. It means they are still unimpressive overall.

ippo is 10/10 though

Because the only thing more formulaic than a high school battle harem is a sports anime.
This is because there is only exactly one way to write a sports story that people will read: Start out as the no-name underdogs, recruit players, overcome intra-team rivalries, have friendly matches, join the big leagues.

And sports shows are just shonens with a different name. It's got the very concept of tournament arcs baked into the core. If people already like shonens, they will definitely like sports.

combat sports is cheating, they're too easy to substitute for battle anime

Ippo is a good SoL and a mediocre sports anime.

I dont think Rokudenashi is that sportsy

I know it's not, so I was kinda hesitant about mentioning it.