Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

TFW brainwashing drugs > Childhood Friendship

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/f9EWM
youtube.com/watch?v=wmzRiUXIosc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can I return to the show?

What shows are Hosoya doing this season?

Yes. But no more than 1 minute or so

Arslan.

Is he in 91 Days? Or am I confusing him with OnoD

Sure, but you can only say "Keikaku"

Holy shit, Shinji is such a faggot

>Serena escaped somehow
>Pirate ship

Err what?

arc-v is in gx mode na no ne

Holy Shit Shinji is such a faggot

Hey! That's my line

YOUR DECK STILL SUCKS SAWATARI-SAN

At least it isn't degenerate

raw scale 12 imgur.com/a/f9EWM

AND YOUR DECK BLOWS YUUYA

Geez Sawatari, huge balls too?

>cute flash back was only a page
>duel will last 3 chapters
why live

>ganbare yugo
yuya is a best

Is it me or does it seem like Yugo is going to accel synchro?

>why live
To spank dat ass

He's not. The only thing he did was use reji mask's slipstream to get in front of him. Through I wouldn't put it past Yoshida to give Clear Fast it's evolved form so quickly.

I just hope he does the same for Yuto and gives him something that's not Dark Requiem. the card's not bad but he should really have an xyz change monster

Hey Arc-V fags, I've been getting back into the TCG lately and I was wondering how Arc-V actually was as a show. Worth picking up? The hundred+ episode count's sort of putting me off at the moment but I mean it's not like I'm doing anything else with my time.

Syn-crow was a mistake

Overall, yes. At the very least, watch the first 7 episodes to see if it's your thing, then if it is, watch up to 51 after that for sure.

For 52 - 99, I recommend it to be binge-watched once you hit its tournament arc due to its slower pace (In blocks of 65 - 75/76 - 85/86 - 99 or about 5 eps at a time if you can't handle that much at once.), same with the mini-arc right after that (100 - 112), which by then you should be more or less caught up to what's airing currently. As puts it, the quality kinda dips at that point and again near the end of that aforementioned mini-arc. However, I am optimistic in hoping that the current arc we're in will pick itself back up from all of that soon.

If all else, watch it for this cutie.

skim up to 51 because most of it is nothing, the synchro arc is long and drawn out so you can choose which duels you want, skip the shitty Jobelisks duels, the fusion dimension arc was alright

Just to fix up a point in case you might get confused: Although I still recommend to binge-watch the mini-arc in 100 - 112, it does not have a slower pace in comparison to 65 - 99. In fact, almost everyone, including me, agrees that the pacing in there was rushed.

Where's the user with the guide table?

watch 1 and 2 (maybe 3) then skim until episode 7,if you're not interested skim until 36 and watch 36 onward until the end of standard, if you didn't ENJOY that then you probably wont want to follow it.If you where kind of interested marathon sinchro or you'll want commit carding yourself while jumping off a boat

It is a great series, it does has it low moments but you know how Sup Forums tends to overdramatic except for the real low moments (not synchro, not xyz, more or less kaito, yes to "Who is Reiji" and things like that)
I say try it

Okay, that is a load of bull.

>skim up to 51 because most of it is nothing,
So far in terms of Yugioh spin-offs, ARC-V has the LEAST amount of filler with only 2 episodes that can be considered a hard skippable (19 and 20) with the rest having plot, character development, or setting building of importance, no matter how minute. (The key words being "so far", we don't know if there'll be any more until the show ends, like if and how Synchro will play in the plot overall once the climax is reached.)

>the synchro arc is long and drawn out so you can choose which duels you want
I'll agree with you on drawn out, but those episodes still have important info.

>skip the shitty Jobelisks duels
Again, while shitty at worst, it still has to be watched.

>the fusion dimension arc was alright
WE JUST STARTED FUSION

This. Don't let the negativity get to you if you do get to like it.

>all of Shingo's cards are being printed, with a few extras as well
He's so fucking dead

Streaming season 1 if anyone wants to watch.

Weebcrew.moe

rest in piece neo new ;-;

>DM

>weeb crew . moe
real suttle fag

Okay.
So I'm watching the original Yu-Gi-Oh series for the first and I'm liking it so far, so I plan on finishing it, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to watch the spinoffs when I'm done. I'm enjoying the first show because of the character development and duels, so I'm interested if the spinoffs maintain this quality or not. Should I watch some of the spinoffs and avoid others? Thanks.

>so I'm interested if the spinoffs maintain this quality or not. Should I watch some of the spinoffs and avoid others? Thanks.

They don't. GX is littered with messy duels and character handling. 5D's shafted everyone in favor of the protagoinst and his card shilling buddy, Zexal is okay but not for the main characters and Arc-V is a load of wasted potencal. If you ask me, Zexal was the only spin off series to somewhat hold it's own with the original so if you have to watch one from start to finish, watch that one and ignore GX and 5D's.

i sugest
skimming through Gx until season 3 (but even thats pretty shit)
watching 5ds until episode 64
watch the first few episodes of zexal, if you can bear it watch the rest
arc v's pretty good but i can't speak for the whole series as it hasn't finished airing yet
also dont watch the dub

I like all of the series, which is a really unpopular opinion

4kids dub this page

5D's first 64 episodes are really good and worth a watch. The rest (a post script season) is however flawed, mostly because of fillers. It still has some of the finest moments of this franchise, though.

GX is a fucking trainwreck

I don't really think any of the other series come together quite as well as the original, but yeah they're worth watching. They each have their own merits. GX's first two seasons are littered with a lot of filler, but they set up the show well enough and the filler episodes aren't all unenjoyable. As a matter of fact I wouldn't call the plot-light episodes "filler" so much as they're "down time", which is sensible in retrospect. The third and fourth seasons are sublime because then the plot gets more consistent and while season four's plot is a little crazy, it's fun to watch and serves as a platform for the conclusion of everyone's different character arcs. GX's character work is its strongest point.

5Ds is hype as hell. I think everything from its start to the end of the Fortune Cup is the pinnacle of Yu-Gi-Oh! and while there's a steady decline over the course of the next arc and subsequent story lines, they're not necessarily bad. You'll have fun with 5Ds.

ZEXAL is a similar case of being exciting as fuck, but it's one of the more polarizing series. Personally, I enjoy Yuma and Astral, but most of the main characters outside of Yuma's group of school friends are super enjoyable too, and generally have more allure to them than Yuma and Astral (to most folk anyway). It's got a pretty good OST, two decently strong storylines, beautiful art pieces (ZEXAL's designs are amazing) and nice characters. You should watch it, and if you do, I hope you have fun with it.

Arc-V is good. It doesn't really feel like a Yu-Gi-Oh! to me, but that's just my personal bias. I feel like it has an enormous drop in quality after Reiji and Yuya's second duel. And to me, it still hasn't recovered. But you might enjoy it. Like ZEXAL it has some really good designs for both its characters and its monsters, but for all of that most of the Duels are only decent.

Who are you again?

What went wrong with arc-v? I say it was nostalgia pandering, they started to focus too much on old characters from different dimensions than on the new ones.

That probably had a lot to do with it, but I want to give it the benefit of the doubt and say that wasn't completely it. I honestly think the production staff became lazier when they knew they had a hit after the first bulk of Arc-V. But I might be uninformed. I'm still under the impression shows aren't written to completion episode by episode before release to the public, but I've done no following up on this.

Executive meddling, the writers doing a poor job after the first 50 episodes and nostalgia shilling

Wow, thanks for the in-depth response. I think I will give them all a try, the reason I asked is because I've seen so much shit get flung at every yu-gi-oh spinoff that it worried me. Honestly though as long as there's decent duels and an okay plot to support them it's fine by me. I enjoy this sort of show in the same way I enjoy stuff like GI Joe and He-Man; they're all very simple, but they accomplish what they try to do very well and are fun to casually watch.

No problem dude.

>I enjoy this sort of show in the same way I enjoy stuff like GI Joe and He-Man; they're all very simple, but they accomplish what they try to do very well and are fun to casually watch.

Yeah, the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise seems like it'll be your cup of tea. I appreciate this aspect of them myself.

Do you want the guides for each series?
You can work through them yourself pretty easily, but they are extremely long and do have quite a bit of filler outside Arc V, like post 64 5Ds and ZEXAL I.
Thanks for having such an open mind.

It was partially that, and partially a poor job on part of the writers. However, there's something to be said about how people took Arc-V. It was good early on but it still had its flaws. The series was refreshing and unique in the way it handled its narrative and characters and while that was a good thing, people took that to mean it was going to be a gem. They were salivating over it without realizing that there was still a long way to go. This general is partially at fault for allowing the hype to go to its head.

How does it make you feel that Konami loves Kaiba more than anything else in the franchise?

It makes me feel pretty good.

Reminder that Reiji will be the final boss.

Even more than Atem/Yugi?

A better resolution one needs to exist if it doesn't already, so I made one. Have this.

If they did Kaiba wouldn't have killed himself to see Atem again.

That was Kaz's decision. He loves him so much he had to let him go so he can be happy.

My deck is fine Yuya. At least its not cancerous bullshit like your shitty animals

trips don't lie

Was Kaz high on painkillers again when he decided that? What about Mokuba? All Mokuba wants is to be with his brother and work with him to make kids happy with games and theme parks.

>animals
Two of the most cancerous cards he has are humans

Mokuba want's his nii-sama to be happy and to smile again. That's all Mokuba wants. If Kaiba is his happiest playing card games with his gay boyfriend Steve, then that is what Mokuba wants too.

But whose going to save him from being kidnapped?

Humans are animals too.

Cept Mokuba's final scene in the movie was him crying at Seto not to go.

111 days until fusion enforcers and until predator plants will devour the meta!

He was?
Poor guy. He lost his parents and now his only brother killed himself just to play card games with his boyfriend.
Is Kaiba really dead or is the cube still there? It seems so wrong to abandon his brother after he threatened suicide at the thought of not being able to safe him.

And Yugo gets three chapters focused in him. Three fucking months for the Banana.

Why is this allowed?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not just that, he might have a brand new evolution of Clear Wing and he's getting some more synchros in Raging Tempest. Yugo has an extra deck on par with Yuya's and his speedroids are more supported then Phantom Knights and Predictor Plants as well, they're also very good at xyz summons. Yugo made out like a bandit in arc-v despite not really being important to the plot. He feels like an author favorite

Will Rin's cards get released?

Mostly the freshness it had in its early episodes raised expectations too much that the Synchro and XYZ couldn't match them. However I still blame the writers because even when the show became serious they couldn't execute the simplest of things like giving chars equal screen time, fleshing out more characters, keeping the char development on point, making Academia look threatening, foreshadow and address important plot points, etc

The show is just basically doing whatever the fuck it wants to now and is reaching GX levels of trainwreck where nobody knows what's going to happen but it will most likely be something stupid.

I love Kaiba and think he's the most well-written/complex character in the franchise, of course I'm talking about Kaz version of him, but I still like Yugi more and it absolutely infuriates me that Konami refuses to make Yugi's cards as good as Kaiba's. I'm especially pissed now that Tewart decided to rarity bump the DM deck to oblivion.

Has any of you played this Game? If yes then how would you rate it???

Kaiba handed his kingdom over to Mokuba, he is now the president of Kaibacorp because Kaiba feels he can be trusted and he's responsible enough.

Some anons have played it and said it was fun. Curious to see when it'll get released in the West.

Mokuba wants to do that shit with his brother. Mokuba is only 12 and still depends on his older brother. See for futher details on the relationship.

Who is best rival?

WHERE'S YOUR KEIKAKU NOW AQABA RAGE?

I'd say Kaito since he's the only one to actually beat the protagonist and has a win record which is Yusei tier.
Kaiba for everything else Kaito fails at.

I just realized something
>all the rivals either have blonde hair or blue eyes
What does Konami mean by this?

Mokuba values his brother's happiness above all else. His biggest wish was to see his brother smile again like when they were kids in the orphanage. Gozaburo fucked all that up by instilling horrible values into Kaiba which changed him. Even after Atem mind crushed him he never truly got over a lot of his personal issues as he still doubted the power of teamwork and friendship and he could never accept Atem as a better duelist always wanting to rematch him. Over time he realized Atem was the only one who really understood him since they had fought each other so many times so he started to view him as a kindred spirit to enact his rivalry with. Transcending dimensions and continuing his battles with Atem is literally the only way Kaiba can learn to let go and be at peace with himself. It's his "treatment" in a medical sense. The whole permanently dying part isn't explicitly stated but its implied; however, I'm not sure if there is absolutely no way he could come back to his own dimension.

>Mokuba is only 12 and still depends on his older brother

Despite all the kidnappings Mokuba is a very competent person for his age. When Seto was in a coma he enacted a plan to save KaibaCorp from Pegasus taking over. He was the commissioner of Battle City overseeing all duels and making sure there was no foul play. He was in charge of the puzzle excavation project. I'm sure he has numerous other responsibilities that Seto has entrusted him with despite being only 12 years old. He's proven himself to be a very capable and responsible person. So taking care of himself isn't really an issue.

He can also fly a jet.

He's still a kid that is being raised by his teenage older brother. He is comptent but he is still a child. But we're talking about emotional support and the value of family. Kaiba is the only family Mokuba has left that loves and gives a shit about him. He's only 12 and he's lost his whole family now. He now only has a bunch of yes men but they arn't his family.

Poor Reiji he's now a background character.

>Background character

That's being too nice.

I always invisioned Fusion arc being more focused on Reiji and Leo and their subplot but both father and son have done nothing this arc. Reiji is in Synchro and Leo is just sittting on his ass doing nothing. Come on where is the development? Are we going to continue to focus on ancient characters of Yu-Gi-Oh past no one gives two shits about?

Background characters need to actually appear on-screen

While that is valid, Mokuba isn't emotionally weak. He's lost too much in his life as it is and that has made him stronger. He wasn't just idly sitting by when his brother was in a vegetative state crying, he was trying to do something to remedy the situation. That just shows how mentally and emotionally tough he is. Sure, Kaiba has left him, but he does promise he will come back so Mokuba is probably holding on to that hope that he will be able to see Kaiba again. Mokuba is also in control of KC now so he can't afford to lose focus by crying over his big brother. His esteemed older brother has trusted him with the biggest responsibility of his life showing how highly he thinks of Mokuba.

So yes, while his brother's departure may hurt at first I don't think it will completely overwhelm Mokuba. His resolve is as strong as ever now as he must protect the kingdom his brother left to him as he awaits his return one day.

I think everyone here has seen this already but anyway. Atem Vs Kaiba

What rules are they playing by?
You can't draw on the first turn.

Speed Duel. The best kind of Dueling

Honestly seeing this has given me a greater appreciation for the Passionate Duelist remix. When I first listened to it on the OST I wasn't very impressed but with visuals and dialogue to go with it I was blown away. This whole scene is so beautiful too, very cinematic looking. I'm glad that they at least made good use of the animators they took from Arc-V.

It's DM era where you could draw on the first turn in the real game.

>Duel links and the 3ds game have only 3 slots
Good to see that Ojama trio is gg in both of these games.
That PC game better be worth Dueling Network and YGOPRO getting taken down.

>GX levels of trainwreck.

Please don't compare Arc-V to GX as if GX is the worse of the two. GX shifted the overarching big bad every season, yes, but it was still more enjoyable than Arc-V and felt ten times more genuine. It did foreshadowing better, it addressed important plot points better, it fleshed out its cast and developed its protagonist much better. Every big bad looked threatening, from Saiou, to Viper, to Yubel, to fucking Trueman and Darkness' incompetence was even pointed out by Yubel, so it was intentional. With that being said, even the incompetent Darkness had basically absorbed every living thing on the fucking planet with the exception of Judai. He was a serious threat. GX was so much better than Arc-V. It had its own style and it wasn't nearly as pretentious as the shitshlock we get every week is. Hell, it even nostalgia'd better.

>However, I am optimistic in hoping that the current arc we're in will pick itself back up from all of that soon
>tfw I'm not the only one
Dragons soon.