The Internet has proven that English is the global language

The Internet has proven that English is the global language.

How do we feel about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOUieeRYvfQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_gender
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fucking amazing when your a native English speaker. There's only a handful of countries I've been where I've had to actively learn the language to get by or bone women.

Japan being one of them, I take?

Went there myself for a bit. Was hard to get by with English only. Had to learn a bit of Nip to interact with people to some degree.

You're asking on a board where virtually everybody speaks or knows/writes almost perfect English, nobody will care.

It's nice to speak the master language natively but it's doomed me to being unilingual.

Everybody on here speaks or writes/knows virtually perfect English. Nobody will care.

Whoa wtf happened there

I care. Which statistically means other people will too.

Please dont call your bastardised version of my dialect 'English' user.

the non-anglos on here aren't representative of their general population. english speaking websites would obviously only attract those proficient in english.

Except the Americans.

Hence why I said everybody on here.
I never said that everybody in Spain or France or Hungary, etc. will speak virtually perfect fluent English. But the ones on here probably will.

Is English simply the best, most versatile language? Is that possible?

This will sound pretty dumb, but when I watch Japanese anime I've noticed some words that keep repeating, but being used in so many diverse ways, the one that always comes to mind is "baka", it's often translated as "idiot", "fool", etc but in many more ways - is Japanese somewhat simplistic? If they use the one word in so many ways, doesn't this limit their ability to communicate effectively?

a dutch user on here once told me all his normie friends prefer to talk in english because it is more versatile.

I lol at the dumbass nu-males who keep insisting that "le chinese is the language of the future lernu mandarin XDDD" meme, there's more chinks learning English than non chinks learning their useless, overly complicated, stupid zipperhead gibberish.

> asks from a common wealth on an insland halfway around the world

The only advantage English has is that there is so much content in English. I'm not a linguist or even interested in languages, but I don't think there's anything else that makes English better than other languages.

Pronounciation is pretty retarded in English. You as native speakers probably don't even know it, but native speakers of (most?) other languages never have to think about how a word is pronounced correctly.

Easy as fuck language, C2 CEFR is child's play so I feel good.

I can't stand America's bastard version of it, though

It earned it for being the lingua franca of the American Empire, and for having the best and broadest literary canon of any language of the last millennium. The price that the Anglo-Sphere will pay for its language living on in perpetuity is that they will cease to exist as a distinct culture and ethnos within the next 200 years.

At least future humans will read their stories they way we now read the old Greek myths and epics. Anglo-Saxon civilization will inform the cultures of Man for the next several thousand years, even though authentic Anglo-Saxon culture itself will be long gone.

It should be Swedish REEEEEEEE

That's because he is retarded. I have a friend that regularly forgets words in Swedish and have to say them in english and is not very eloquent, the reason? He is a shut-in weeb who sits on Sup Forums all day (when he's not watching subbed anime or playing english video games).

American English devoid of negro and Scots-Irish dialectical imports is actually among the more "proper" and intelligible systems of English phonetics, and the rhotic 'r' is an element of historically accurate Shakespearean English.

The "high" London accent is actually has common features of an 18th century version of cockney gutter trash dialects. They crept into polite society, and was then slightly reformed with standardize pronunciation, and minimized slang. The non-rhotic 'r' is historically a feature of lower class English, not normalized as the British standard.

I don't know how you can look at any Asian language and think "this is better"

Swedish sounds awesome, especially for ASMR videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=lOUieeRYvfQ

What percentage of Swedes would you say speak English? All the Swedes I've met seem to be fluent.

Nothing has been proven, it was forced by Anglo. You might want to change that if you are becoming Chinese.

Interesting post.

When all technology gets wiped out and literacy ends, there will still be bards singing about the tales of The Fellowship and the Return of the King.

English is a dumbed down language that every retard can understand. For example you Anglos are pretty gay, but you don't have a way how to refer to people who don't want to be referred by gender or you don't have a way how to say female boss with one word, you invent stupid words to refer to gays, when master languages had that already, old English had too:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_gender

>you don't have a way how to say female boss with one word

cunt.

i'm a fluent English speaker

That's another word.

>you don't have a way how to refer to people who don't want to be referred by gender
fuck them

>you don't have a way how to say female boss with one word
who cares

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_gender
get lost faggot

Nobody fucking cares.

Aussies don't speak English, we speak AUSTRALIAN!

As long as no one pretends like this is because of the UK I'm fine with it.

It's one of the simplest languages grammatically and therefore easy to learn for foreigners. The utter lack of orthographic rules is a real shame though

err no,it said ENGLISH not yank