rolling girls was aoty

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAXIKbJhmgg
youtube.com/watch?v=ERHfSisg__o
youtube.com/watch?v=CujAo31sfMM
youtube.com/watch?v=zcCboD68oEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ALIENS

Bakuon!! is the thinking man's The Rolling Girls.

It's not often you can pinpoint the exact second a show turns to shit

pic not related...

Can someone explain the weird power level thing they tried to impliment?

>explaining poor writing

bakuon was fucking shit, literally cute girls doing cute things ON MOTORCYCLES, don't compare that generic shit to the masterpiece that was Rolling Girls

First two episodes were 11/10 god tier, the rest of the series was a 7-8.5. The girls were just too often relegated to being by-standers without more care being taken to weave their cursory involvement in various events into their character development until the later part of the show.

The OST was great, the designs for characters and post-Japanpocalypse Japan were amazing, the first Macha Green vs Shiggy battle is one of the most beautiful fights ever. The list fucking goes on, but a few flaws stop it from reaching the potential it had.

>First two episodes were 11/10 god tier, the rest of the series was a 7-8.5.

Hate this meme.

>squirrel attention spawn

Explain it to someone that is considering watching it

Definitively AOTY

THIS

It was clear they blew a fuckload of budget on the first two episodes, but the rest of the show was still good despite everything. The artstyle was 10/10

The series starts with a really strong introduction arc, but then drops two of the Best characters to focus on a wacky road trip where the main characters meet a bunch of different people and have to react to a variety of different problems despite being incapable of fighting. The series drops having a well founded story in favor of being a vague coming of age tale where the main characters don't really learn much, reflect on themselves, or change until the last arc.

I'd consider giving it AOTY, but holy shit last year had Kekkai Sensen, Shimoneta, and OPM. Might as well just call the competition a wash for last year, too many options. The Rolling Girls is absolutely worth watching though. You aren't a man if you don't cry during the goodbye.

see watch the BDs then

Mamechiyo is best Rolling Girls.

SHAMISEN SOLO

>You aren't a man if you don't cry during the goodbye.
(you)

watch more anime retard

i love her!

That solo was fucking hype.

>no Linda Linda

I'm still mad.

I love this scene.

>this post
>this image reaction

ayy lmao

Literally what?

>Bakuon
>the thinking man's anime
pick one.

i can't even remember anything else from 2015

It was a pretty great year

na na na na na na naaa

No friend, Rolling Girls was TWEE AS FUCK.

;_;

;_;
FUCK

>>explaining poor writing

It really needed a better writer

Wit Studio should have gotten someone like Reiko Yoshida or someone who KNOWS how to handle cute girls in extravagant settings

>Pretentious Girls
>Two Good Episodes Girls

>AOTY Girls
>Three of the Greatest Episodes Ever Made and Nine Other Really Good Episodes Girls

>main girls is not main girls
>the 2 rival in the beginning is a better and well constructed characters than the main characters
>small arcs that offer absolutely nothing to the main characters development

Aliens and wasted potential

this

yama wooo, koetee
tani woo, koete~

SAVED

Came here to post this.

This anime made me feel like a little girl with cute friends going on an adventure.

Anyone have ost link?

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge?
wait actually works holy shit

you can easily find it on nyaa

???

on a side note

has anyone read the novels

Rolling Girls had GOAT design and style, but shitty animation and pacing.

what we need is a recut of the show where we cut out some of the fluff and reorganize it to be tighter.

Honestly the show needed more episodes. It was convoluted and i feel like it had a lot of unexplored plotential, but fuck if it doesn't win me over just for style points. You can tell that the team behind it was having a lot of fun, and it was a passion project. The designs are great, the setting (a post-apocalyptic world where society divided in cliques and everything is colourful as fuck) is very interesting and it had cute girls singing japanese punk rock.

It was definetly my AOTY.

Strangely enough i think the idea of Rolling Girls would have worked really well as a movie.

I agree with you, I might re-watch it soon with the other shows you mentioned.

What director and screenwriter should Wit Studio have hired for this?

Anyone who hates on any of this has no soul

youtube.com/watch?v=KAXIKbJhmgg
youtube.com/watch?v=ERHfSisg__o
youtube.com/watch?v=CujAo31sfMM

youtube.com/watch?v=zcCboD68oEI

>episode 8
holy shit the most fantastic thing I've watched recently I swear

this is nice

>itada kimaSU

Pray to GOD Flip Flappers doesn't fall into the same rut Rolling Girls had

We need more avant-garde cute girl shows

maybe I should rewatch it already instead waiting for a year ;_;

>

yes

>no Linda Linda cover
I'm still sad.

>...
Your existence not related, ledditor-kun

Episode 8 was amazing. Though the crowd cheering animation is awkward as fuck.

Also:
Ai = Shigyo > Chiaya = Maccha >>> everyone else

I wish they would release the English-dubbed version of Stones as a single or something. Both versions were great and I have the Japanese version already, but I'd like to have that English version too.

I will forever love Rolling Girls because without it i'd never know how much i love girls singing japanese punk rock with Shamien solos