CATHOLIC GENERAL

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/100817.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p_shhU_H5Z0
fsspx.news/fr/news-events/news/messe-traditionnelle-l’inexorable-attrait-32509?utm_content=buffer75764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
fsspx.news/en/news-events/news/society-st-pius-x-saves-architectural-jewel-netherlands-32465
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
tridentine.catholic.org.hk/
youtube.com/watch?v=jUZJokbswUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDb8LNJ_NB4
breitbart.com/london/2017/10/08/thousands-poles-pray-border-islamisation-europe/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Special welcome to any based Poles who were among the hundreds of thousands who gathered at the border yesterday to say the rosary

get up!!

Go to early mass, it's the best mass.

Thanks for this. Was raised Catholic and left the church for many years. I was actually looking up videos about how to get back in communion with the church.

Even forgot how to pray the rosary :(

>Irish Latin mass directory now missing from pasta

For what purpose

If you have any questions, please do ask. But the obvious is: go to confession & go to mass.

I lost the usual links. These are old.
So if anyone has links they want adding to the OP, please do post

But on the rosary:

Here it is in Latin youtube.com/watch?v=p_shhU_H5Z0

Thanks for the link to the Rosary.

There are two Catholic Churches near me. One is a normal Roman Catholic church. the other is a "Traditional" Catholic Church. which I am not exactly sure what it's all about.
Do you know anything about the differences ?
The Traditional Church is closer to me.

I find it really odd that I am thinking about going back to church after MANY years and this thread comes up.

Well I go to a 'traditional' Catholic Church where mass looks like pic related, but it's still in communion with Rome. Trad really just means they say the Latin Mass. If you've never been to a Latin Mass, I would really recommend you try it and see what you think.

If you do, don't worry about not knowing Latin. If you get the Laudate app in the OP, it has the order of the mass so you can accustome yourself to it. Also, in the church itself, there will probably be sheets with the English translation

Ah ok!
I went to Latin mass as a child.
Thanks

Pax Christi, OP.

Today is a good day, I have a FSSPX mass on my city.

I went to Latin Mass and didn't know what to say or when to sit or stand. Finally the priest stopped the Mass and asked me to leave. It was horribly embarrassing.

Also, you can't get in without a tie.

Funny you should say that. Here's a link I saw this morning about the rise of the traditional latin mass in Brazil fsspx.news/fr/news-events/news/messe-traditionnelle-l’inexorable-attrait-32509?utm_content=buffer75764&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

This didn't happen did it? I'm sure you have your reasons for making it, but I don't know what they'd be.

this definitely never happened.
also, tying a tie is not difficult. I always wear a jacket and tie when I go to church

It's how I picture it in my mind. Yet to go to Latin Mass, of course it is an hour away, like for everybody else.

I have more good news for you Dutchbro. As I've said earlier, I don't attend SSPX, but the saving of this church can only be a good thing

>The church of St. Willibrord was built in the 1870’s, when the Catholic hierarchy was reestablished in the Netherlands.

>Nestled in the historic center of Utrecht, it is one of the city’s hidden treasures and one of the most beautiful neo-Gothic churches in the country. The Society of St. Pius X has just become the owner of this monumental jewel.

fsspx.news/en/news-events/news/society-st-pius-x-saves-architectural-jewel-netherlands-32465

Well it's simply not what happens. Most people won't even realise you're there. The priest, for example, won't even be facing you for most of it. He'll be facing the altar & tabernacle like in pic related

>I find it really odd that I am thinking about going back to church after MANY years and this thread comes up.

same here my friend

I actually live in Utrecht so I definitely heard a lot about this.
The St Willibrord is without a doubt one of the most beautiful churches in the Netherlands, can't wait to go to mass there.

Call it divine providence lads

Looks like you're very fortunate. Even from the pictures, it looks very impressive

Concerning the daily reading: The last passage in Matthew is interesting, and my interpretation of the parable is that Jesus was specifically calling iut the priest class of the tike as having fallen to the wayside when it comes to Gods teachings, and Jesus is saying that only those who actually work to bear the Fruit of God shall find themselves in Heaven.

I grew up Protestant and have been slowly learning about Catholicism and this seems to be just one more parable that supports the Catechism. Works do matter, despite what others say, we must actively work and not just rely on Grace.

The only places near me do latin mass only once a month. I sincerely believe the modern Church has had this Pope afflicted on it, and that its teachings are heretical.

I read it in a similar way. The elders etc have grown stale in their faith. Believing themselves to be 'God's chosen people' or the 'elect', they've grown insular & have started to believe they are guaranteed God's graces. Yet, they've rejected Christ, the 'foundation stone', thus showing their faith to be stale.

On the Pope issue: the Bible is full of warnings that we'll be tested: it never says it won't come from the physical leader of Christ's Church. Christ himself says to Peter at one point: 'get behind me Satan'.

I would definitely recommend trying one of those Latin masses. As I've said in a previous post, most won't even notice you. So do give it a go, & let us know how it went in a future Catholic General

Yeah, I have heard that God gives us some Popes and inflicts others on us. I dont know if I follow the belief of some other trad Catholics that Benedict is an Anti-Pope, but it doesnt seem so far fetched.

I have also been looking at Orthodox Christianity as well, but Catholicism seems to be a bit more what I think Jesus wanted from his Church. Plus there are no Orthodox churches near me lol

>Irish directory
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/

>HK Latin Mass for good measure. Website is weird, wait 30 seconds or so and the menu appears
tridentine.catholic.org.hk/

I think Pope Francis is the Pope. To believe anything as you say about Benedict would be to call him a coward for retiring. 'God works all things for good' and we have seen under Pope Francis is a lot of what would previously be called 'conservative Catholics' become outright trad & start attending the Latin mass

THank you Hong Konganon

Trad, so long as it's a legit Roman Catholic church, usually means it's a Latin mass church. These are the bois you want, if that's the case.

From experience:
>Normie churches tend to be 90% old people and children
>Trad churches tend to have a total mix. I've see obvious /ourguys/, modestly-dressed girls that were cuter than I'd ever seen, families where all the women wear mantillas, etc.

>Normie churches tend to have a lot of 'improvised' bits, like congregation members reading random crap on Good Friday, phone calls to Santa on Christmas (I've seen it many, many times in my local church at home), etc
>Trad churches are strictly business, no fucking around

>Normie churches can very in design, a lot are that bizarre 'wooden spaceship' design popular after Vatican 2
>Trad churches tend to be more ornate

Lots of other little differences too.

There was a youtuber called SheIsCatholic who had a great video on Latin Mass a few years back, it's what got me into it. She then joined a convent and the nuns required she sanitise all internet presence, so she had to take it down. I've been meaning to email the nuns to get her to send me a copy of it or something, it's top-tier Trad material, even if she came off a little nutty at times on her channel.

This is one of her old ones. Was never too keen on the channel as a whole, but that latin mass video was top-notch:

youtube.com/watch?v=jUZJokbswUQ

No worries my dude

Fell out of Catholicism for quite a while, used to be very trad-orientated.

Now that I'm setting up over here, must get myself an RSV and a missal, thinking Angelus but I'll see what's in stock

Actually got me digging around for that video again

>mfw retards saved essentially every video she made apart from that one
THIS was the vid:
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZDb8LNJ_NB4

If there's any way to extract the content of a video that was previously public, I'd love to hear it

Fuck it, emailed the nuns, and another youtuber that seems to have known her around that time, we'll see what they say.

Yeah, calling bullshit here

Don't go in in shorts and flipflops, but beyond that they won't give a shit, they just want people attending

Glad to see you're keeping the thread going HKbro. Just about to leave for Benediction, but here's a write up on the Polish rosary crusade yesterday

>Thousands of Catholics formed a human chain along the borders of Poland on the anniversary of an historic victory by Europe over the Ottoman Empire officially to pray for peace and “against the Islamisation of Europe”.

breitbart.com/london/2017/10/08/thousands-poles-pray-border-islamisation-europe/

Noice, based polan

Going to head to bed soon enough, but sounds like Europe will be back from Mass soon so you guys can keep it alive.

I'll let you know if the nuns say anything, just hope that vid is as good as I remember it being

Please get rid of your antichrist Pope. He's actively disgracing Christianity, destroying Christendom, and your church is a direct insult to God. He is Satan's shill on earth.

>This current Pope is the anti-Christ
>Also, I hate your whole Church
The amount of people who claim to hate Pope Francis & then fail to hide the fact they hate the Church in general really makes me think