Monogatari Series

What is the best season/light novel of Monogatari series? And what is the last in chronological order

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
myanimelist.net/anime/2167/Clannad
myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo?q=sakuras
myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai
youtube.com/watch?v=JvRJ9OABu7o(although
youtube.com/watch?v=3XBA8a3cHKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bakemonogatari the best
Nisemono fanservice
SecondSeason is great
After that is meh... ok

Bake, Koi and Owari 1 are the best.

Last is hana not considering off-season.

bake is the only decent one. the rest is trash

Bird a best. That's all that matters.

this

ah shit that's dissapointing, I'm in the middle of nise and was expecting it to get better. I also saw a trailer for a movie that's coming soon and was pretty pumped to get there, hope it's not meh

That user is just a buttblasted nostalgiafag. The series keeps getting better as it goes on.

Why is she so cute here

Good to know

Monkey, Bat, Cat, Hornet > Everybody else

Snake is so cute

Araragi is a rapist pedophile

second series is the bestest of all time

kizu also p good so far

Second season > Kizu> Bake=Owari>Neko>Nise.

honestly i think the series peaks with the last six episodes of monogatari season 2. s2 in general isn't all that great, it definitely drags at certain parts but the last few eps make it worth it. i enjoyed owari as well. i'd stick it out. oh and watch kizu. it's gorgeous.

I don't know the indivual arcs by name in second season

Bake>Koi>Oni>Owari>rest of SS>Nise>Tsuki>Neko>Hana

Kizu is beautiful as hell. I'm hoping for another English release for the other two films.

Katanagatari, SS is best though.

Neko black/white, koi, and sodachi riddle are my favorites. I'm not sure why so many people deify bake. It only has fragments of the dissociation and fake/real themes that make the series so intriguing. Yeah, it's directed by Oishi but it's the combination of direction and content that makes monogatari so good.

the last chronological arc is hana, but there was a huge timeskip so it doesn't really spoil that much about anything that happens before

People are bake purists cause Nise turns a lot of people off the series. I'm surprised threads are so dead lately. They used to be pretty booming even only a year ago.

Otorimonogatari, Koi/Kaikimonogatari, and Kizumonogatari.

Second Season is best overall.

No new content of late aside from BD release of Koyo and nothing planned aside from more Kizu.

A lad I know urged me to watch the Monogatari series and I'm nine episodes into Bakemonogatari and it's ... underwhelming?

I get that there's probably a big amount of poesie within the language used that I don't get (although I get quite a bit, because I've learned Japanese for two years now), but all other aspects seem so lackluster.
Character designs are basic SoL designs with a touch of autism an all the arcs I've been through were basic SoL arc designs masked with supernatural shit happening to make it seem more intellectual.
Am I missing something?

Kizu is the best. Kabuki second best.

>make it seem more intellectual
You sound pretty pretentious by saying that. I don't know why a supernatural aspect would do that. The fact you call the character designs 'SoL' rather than 'harem' is another retarded thing to say

It's probably just not for you, most people like monogatari for the characters, fan service, visuals and interactions between the characters. Since you don't like the characters it's probably not for you.

>You sound pretty pretentious by saying that. I don't know why a supernatural aspect would do that. The fact you call the character designs 'SoL' rather than 'harem' is another retarded thing to say

You shouldn't immediately get so defensive without disproving my point.

It most definitely has several SoL themes.
My criticism is literally not about the Harem aspects, but about aspects that CAN occur in Harem, but more generally fit the SoL genre.

>Hitagi Crab arc
About a person that had to face abuse and fled the reality of the life after the abuse for years and only faces it with the help of a newfound friend (very SoL). Spiced up by: Supernatural being

>Mayoi Snail arc
About a person (persons if we want to count Hanekawa as directly involved) that is insecure about his position in the world, in this case in his family (very SoL). Spiced up by: Supernatural being

>Suruga Monkey arc
About a person that is incredibly jealous of the success of others and actively wants to sabotage these people (very SoL). Spiced up by: Supernatural being

It's not at all about the Harem relationship that the MC can have with the female characters that I criticize. You should not have implied that, because I'm completely ok with the Harem aspect.
I exclusively criticize that they take incredibly common topics and disguise them as overly complex and new with the help of the supernatural.
Say, how is this not the case?

The other aspects I like. Visuals and conversation style are great parts of this anime, but I do not understand why everybody likes the story so much

Absolutely none of that is SoL.

I'm not talking about themes, you said the character designs are SoL designs, you said nothing about the themes.
>Character designs are basic SoL designs
Character design means something quite specific and has nothing to do with themes. Did you even read your own post?
I understand you don't like the arc based aspect of Bake, not everyone does. It definitely isn't SoL type. The fact it's supernatural and one off per character means it isn't anything 'normal' for the characters involved.

All SoL character arcs come down to a persons facing various issues and the longer the shows go on the more you get into their pasts up to the point when their past gets resolved, more often than not with the help of their friends.

myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
myanimelist.net/anime/2167/Clannad
myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo?q=sakuras
myanimelist.net/anime/14741/Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai

Need more?

Right now definitly Kizu.

Pardon my mistake, English is not my first language.
I was trying to refer to ep themes.
However, it's not the episode nature that I criticize. it's the story content of the episodes.
Most of the great dialogues had nothing to do with the actual story, which just made me wonder why the people like the story this much.

What MAL tags as slice of life is irrelevant. MAL also has Seitokai Yakuindomo and Haganai down as slice of life. Slice of life isn't defined as shows with character arcs and confronting issues. Just because it shares similarities in that way does not make it slice of life. It's the same as saying Eva is slice of life because Shinji goes through a long character arc where his issues are partly resolved. It's all semantics in this sense though and irrelevant.

Ah okay. The first season's story arcs aren't the series strongest and it isn't really the draw of the show. The story arcs help explain the characters though and their backstory and personality which helps make the dialogue and interactions more fun.

Here's the timeline of what's been adapted so far.

The best for the overall plot is SS, where the characters are established and the larger conflict is shown.

The best single story/novel is Tsubasa Tiger, even the Nips rated it so highly, Nisio made a meta joke about how Hanekawa is a better narrator in the next story, Kabuki.

who /spooky/ here?

After finding out there was more to the series(I stopped after nekomonogatari kuro two years ago) I decided to binge the entire series again.

I really enjoyed Monogatari Second Season more than anything else. I saw the webm of Hachikuji kissing Araragi and thought it was some funny moment coming up and then I had to try not to cry when it happened. I also really enjoyed the characterization of Kaiki and the ending of his arc was honestly pretty crazy.

I didn't realize two years ago how nice some of the OPs are.

My favorites:
youtube.com/watch?v=JvRJ9OABu7o(although apparently this is a meme)
youtube.com/watch?v=3XBA8a3cHKY

Both of these need the video but I guess that's a no-go. Post favorite Openings.

Sodachi's stuff is pretty great

Bake is objectively the best.

Bake > Owari > SS > the random one-offs > Nise

I actually just finished Bake a few months ago, got into Nise and got sick of the fan service.

>Crossboarder is a retard
How surprising

>quits a series in the first third
>still somehow thinks he is informed enough to comment on the whole package

is it bad that i thought hana was the best arc and tsuki was the worst?

Probably not, I see here more people loving hana than liking tsuki, outside of bath and snow ball fight.

Probably, both were pretty bad.

Owari 1 was fucking amazing
The first episode that is. That is all.

Of all things to get sick of you pick fanservice? Literally don't be a faggot user