Code Geass

Just finished this and I'm always down for second opinions. What did Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-04-07/erotic-sketch-of-code-geass-c.c-auctioned-for-830000-yen/.100781
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Loved it. One of my favorites.

It was dumb. Which was nice when it didn't take itself seriously but came out utterly retarded when it did.

season one's pretty good.
started getting super dumb with Mao tho.

second season continues the trend of mao levels of stupid but gets even worse at times.

which isn't to say it's not a fun watch, and i'd definitely watch it again. probably with a drinking game of some sort worked out.

I do love me some Pizza Butt.

Oghi should have died.

He got away with everything. The true fucking antagonists

It's one of the best stories in the history of anime.
Just don't watch Akito the Exiled.

loved the memes we made back then, it was a fun time

Pizza butt is pure heaven

It was all extremely hammy, but the 1st season was hammy in a fun way. The second... not so much.

My primary memories are memes and table fucking. And I wasn't even here when it aired.

Second season was fun too
Knight of 0 was great

It just went too far with stupid contrivances like euphinator and started to take itself too seriously.

It was batshit fun
I also liked submissive pizza butt

I liked it. It went a bit off the rails with the whole killing god thing (wasn't an awful idea but they didn't execute it well) but I thought it recovered really nicely and the ending 3-4 episodes were pretty great

It was good but I preferred Akito.

Also...as others have said, there was some stupid fucking plot armor for secondary characters. For instance...why the fuck was Guilford alive at the end?

It was pretty good, very enjoyable for the most part.
Rolo did nothing wrong

I'd say he fucked up killing Shirley but Lelouch was going to kill him anyway so not sure if that counts

10/10 on my MAL.

Good, now watch Akito for the best semen demon

same

should I wait for the dub of Akito to come out this winter? The main series dub was actually pretty decent

you have good taste user

The shit was epic the whole way through including R2, which is only hated be people unable to understand plot and tonal progression. Also you guys need to realize the writers always took Code Geass seriously.

Man of taste.

Lelouche's motivations were idiotic.
Literally was that "I'm gonna become a terrorist because I hate my dad!"

I mean, sure, the Kingdom prided cutthroat competition above all, but that doesn't mean participation was obligatory.
Nunnaly could easily have lived off a fairly comfortable life without being part of the whole succession thing thanks to being royal blood even if she abdicated.

Not that she was anywhere near the throne to begin with.
She had at least a half a dozen of successors ahead of her to begin with, so she was hardly a threat to anyone.

He's just using nunnaly as an excuse for the angst against his dad.

Masterpiece. Only morons can't appreciate it. Like this guy

I'M AT SOUP

wtf is with that first episode
everything was going so fast
he met that girl and then there was some mass murdering going on and she and his friend died all in like 5 minutes
that one guard dude who came up to him just HAPPENED to be that friend he knew
is the rest of the series like this?

Lelouch dies.

I already spoiled myself, don't even try

Goddammit.

...yeah, you missed the point.

Kallen is my waifu and the best girl.

Was it me or did her tits keep getting bigger throughout the series?

They might have.

Still one of the most enjoyable and one of my favourite anime of all time, and I've seen over 300 at this point.

It's not perfect, sure, but in terms of pure enjoyment nothing will ever top it, ever.

More C.C please, she is literally a goddes...

>There are posters RIGHT NOW that wouldn't sell Lelouch out to fuck the shit out of Villetta

Ohgi did nothing wrong

I came here to see JIBUUUUUUUUUUUUN WOOOOO but nobody already posted it.

Well, she's just 18 or so by the end of R2, she's supposed to be still growing :3

SEKAI SAE MO KAETE

That's pretty good

I love Kallen!

I want to munch on CC's canonically green pubes!

The best anime ever made in my opinion.

REMINDER THIS IS OFFICIAL ART

Nina did nothing wrong

>matching unnatural colour pubes
That is my fetish

That's not official art.

Yes it is. Takahiro Kimura is the official artist of Code Geass

I literally worship pizza butt

Yes it is faggot.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-04-07/erotic-sketch-of-code-geass-c.c-auctioned-for-830000-yen/.100781

>holy
>britannian
>empire
what did he mean by this ?

It was like Britain when it was actually important

It's sold in an auction. There's no 100 percent guarantee.

Classic.

2nd season did alot wrong but made up for it with a great ending, the OVA's were a mistake but overall it's an extremely enjoyable ride. Of course it's also pretty embedded into Sup Forums as well, so.

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY ARE SINCE IT'S CONFIRMED AUTHENTIC YOU FUCKING MORON

This

Season 1 was fantasic, Season 2 was crap. Still wonder what the original story would have been like.

This. So fucking entertaining.

>Still wonder what the original story would have been like.
Explain where the do you get this "original" story shit from.

>original
I do know that the Amnesia, Rolo and China were all additions that weren't originally considered. But the 'original' storyline couldn't have been very different from what we got in the end.

>that part where everything started tumbling down

Isn't this also where executive meddling started?

I think the timeslot change is when the meddling really began

Watch Akito immediately, then.

Euphinator was the best plot twist in ages. The pure, glorious fuckup.

This is the only reason to watch it.

Saved him several hours.

I will NEVER see this as anything else but Lelouch with boobs.

Nah. No one confirmed it actually, neither Kimura nor Sunrise. Like the pic I posted often happens in auctions, especially Mandarake is very notorious for selling fake items. Many people including original author took legal actions against Mandarake before. Even if that C.C. is the real thing, Kimura will never admit that he draw it. Because once he says yes, he will be immediately fired from Sunrise. That is why I said there's no 100 percent guarantee. Here is the pic with skeptical comments from 2chan.

True, but as far as I recall episodes 24 and 25 of Season 1 were already influeced by it. It's still a fucking shame.

How about English?
Also what the fuck is that supposed to point out, the fact that it's a rouch sketch? It's a fucking rough sketch, did they expect full digital artwork?

>accidentally geassing the sweet princess into attempted genocide
I was really mad at how stupid that was
And so much of the plot was based on it too

Well it made Lelouch actually start making sure he's careful with his power. It's really his fault.

This was a better moment though.

Agreed; it's unappreciated. I've never felt more tension in Geass than in this moment.

He should've stopped "muh Nunnally" already. Sure he cares about his sister, but what about just lying to her under the circumstances?

I did like it when I watched it, I thought Lelouche was cool, but then I grew up and realized that Suzaku was actually right from the beginning.

Villetta's were the first set of anime titties I ever saw

I stopped at the start of the second season. Not sure why but it felt like it overstayed it's welcome by that point.

Nigga even Suzaku himself realized he was wrong. That's why he turned into a massive asshole in S2.

>Britannia
>Britain

Wasn't the only reason he wanted run Britannia to the ground basically because he hated his dad?

I mean, if he hated Britannia because of it's policies, he should have just tried to usurp the throne from the start instead of playing as a terrorist.

Euphinator was great, but you have to remember that the people watching it in '06/'07 just came from watching Gundam SEED with "hurr Lacus-clone" heavy on the mind. That's what really made it a good twist. You might not get that if you watch it 5 years after it aired.

One of the best anime series ever made. Spin-offs aren't as great, sadly.

They weren't British. They were literally just Americans pretending they were British in the lore. They essentially made 'British' into 'European'.

Which is fucking heresy

>usurping the throne when you've basically been banished
And he did hate Britannia for its policies on top of hating his dad. One of the most clear cut examples is episode 1 of S2 when he complains about it when he has no memories of anything.

Lelouch is a good guy at heart, but his motto was results>method, which led to terrorism.

>watch Akito
>Alexanders everywhere
Where the fuck are all muh Panzer-Hummels at?

If Euphemia had lived, Suzaku would have succeeded in his goals more or less in trying to improve the system from the inside, rather than burning it all to the ground.

This. Which is why Suzaku and Lelouche were opposed and why Lelouche is an anti-hero.

Then Mandarake would be sued if it was fake but that never happened. Also the sketch has a name, and the signature is identical and correct.

Didn't he just fake his death and bail out?

If Euphemia had lived the world would have been evangelion'd because it would have meant putting a stop to Lelouch's warpath and never ending up interfering with Charles.

Watch Akito and see how objectively wrong you are.
In Code Geass universe murricans lost the independance war and Britain moed there.

Anyone know if this qt 3.14 has a lot of on screen time? Not sure if I want to watch it

How's this for a reason to watch it?

Sup Forums has a bunch of different opinions about this, like when it comes to just about anything.

Code Geass was enjoyable and pretty good on balance, but it is a relatively crazy show so you need to be open to that. Beyond that, it's better than the attempts made since to try and replicate a similar feel without much success.

She does get screen time, but as far as I remember she doesn't really do or say much considering the length of the series she's in. In episode 2 or 3 she at least walked around in a skintight pilot suit for a bit, and I suppose that's nice.

The series is pretty boring, though. Focus is mostly on Akito and Leyla, and some super special Britannian guy named Shin or something. Lelouch and Suzaku are also there for a little while because of course they are.