Can we get a Eureka 7 thread going? I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago, it was...interesting...

Can we get a Eureka 7 thread going? I watched it for the first time a few weeks ago, it was...interesting. The MC was a little bitch at the start but he grew on me. I also liked the love story, it was pretty comfy. Still don't understand any of the plot tho, they have to go to this Great Wall to become one with nature or some shit like that? Also Jesus fucking Christ that Holland character was insufferable
>muh Diana
>muh Eureka

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fpm3nMvipaM
youtube.com/watch?v=FrHa12BMTz4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wqsdf346uW4
youtu.be/YCZiYO-vZUk?list=PLzbUgWdu-ypm1MypR3_OK_xv67AVOeolH
youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo
youtube.com/watch?v=fFtnHfumir8
youtube.com/watch?v=2F_iRFRwv0I
youtube.com/watch?v=Cta1ThEccG8
youtube.com/watch?v=iRGFEPC8SSI
youtube.com/watch?v=uH-raqV_Qk4
youtube.com/watch?v=R0-Ah_hwfVs
youtube.com/watch?v=A0AUeC6noPM
youtube.com/watch?v=h9u8q60jutM
youtube.com/watch?v=g9OMCHxFr9s
youtube.com/watch?v=a7Qawkb67w4
youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY
strawpoll.me/10807404
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Oh yeah and the music, I liked the music

Eureka is my waifu.

Eureka a cute, CUTE!

Maybe they went to the great wall to see if they love each other.

Just don't watch Ao and you're good.
The movie was "okay" without going further into it.

Had it's ups and downs; the kids were garbage but everything else was pretty much fantastic.

Still one of my favorite series of all time.

why hasn't anyone scanned Eureka Seven Complete Works yet?

What's so bad about Ao? Is it really as terrible as people say it is?

It starts of kind of meh, and then nosedives into complete garbage and shits all over any ties to the original.

The only good thing that came of AO was talking about the original more.

Hard to get into it without spoiling, but basically other than the world setting of the Scub Coral existing, it has almost no links to the original story.

Eureka and Renton are pretty much cameo bait and while they do show up, nobody else from the original cast does. Yes, Dominic and Anemone don't appear and aren't mentioned, the Gekko, and theEnd make cameos.

The main reason it's hated is because of the ending. Basically through time travel shenanigans, the events of the entire series didn't happen, nobody remembers or knows who Ao is, he'll never see Renton and Eureka ever again, time to start a new life, the end.

That's a damn shame, it sucks when you hear about a sequel and it turns out to be rubbish. Sounds to me like it was quick cash grab

I had the good fortune to start watching it at episode 11, right before they first encountered the large Coralian. I'm not much for antic anime, so if I had seen it from the start, I probably wouldn't have kept going somewhere around the graffiti episode.

It's one of my favorite series, barring those fucking kids. I get their plot importance, but when 95% of their screentime makes even someone who likes kids want to throttle them instead of be a family, that is characterization misfire. Holland came off much better, because he actually grew the fuck up at a reasonable pace, but the kids flat out stalled the plot for a couple episodes right at the end for them do the "we accept Renton" thing they had ALREADY DONE... back in the graffiti episode.

The reawakening of the coralians would spill over the universe's limit of questions, basically meaning that there were too many intelligent lifeforms and so the universe would collapse.

Both sides tried to find a way to stop it.
The Gekko State tried to find a way to co-exsist with the coralians while Dewey wanted to wipe them out. The Gekko State kind of succeeded as some humans and coralians decided to leave the universe in order to stop the limit of questions from being broken and everyone lives happily ever after

You should probably leave it at that because AO takes that ending, shits on it and feeds it to the dogs. It took away everything good about the original and replaced it with nonsensical garbage.

The most frustrating part about it for me was that there were times when the series was borderline salvageable.

It almost felt like with some effort it could've been a proper sequel, but halfway through they just kind of gave up and started winging it.

Anemone and Dominic best couple. Best OP here too:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fpm3nMvipaM
>Nirgilis hasn't made a new single in 6 years
;_;7

>The most frustrating part about it for me was that there were times when the series was borderline salvageable
I'll shamefully admit that I did get a massive hard-on when they referenced Morning Glory that one episode.

>The only good thing that came of AO was talking about the original more.
The soundtrack is fantastic. Koji Nakamura can make gold from shit, surprising nobody.

I'd recommend to anybody to simply pretend AO was nothing but music and to ignore the anime completely.

True that, Nirvash Spec 2 is great and their remix of Niji did not disappoint, it really sold that entire scene.

I have no idea what any of you were talking about. Eureka Seven never had a sequel, though that would be pretty cool, Especially if Renton and Eureka had some new kids, the first true human-Coralian hybrids, with their daughter being a big sister type.

Yeah, that would rock.

Man, episode 48 was a rollercoaster of emotions.

>Nirvash and theEND's fight
>Anemone's feelings
>The best kiss ever
>RIP theEND

I think the first 6 episodes were quite good, then it nose dived from there.

Ao Surfing down from the moon riding the Gekkostate was an amazing moment, I'm pretty sure Storywriter plays at the same time to and the stinger for the end of the episode was Eureka appearing. That was fucking awesome, then the rest of the series happened

The queen of the clones.

As awful as it was I can't remove it from my mind. Why is BONES so good at fucking up their original series by giving them sequels where some asshat takes the script and just shits out some nonsensical bullshit.

DtB was subject to this too and it infuriates me because now there's no chance at another proper season

It was wonderful.
youtube.com/watch?v=FrHa12BMTz4

Modern Bones is ass period. Kekkai Sensen was the first exception in years.

>universe's limit of questions
It's not a universe limit, it's more local than that.

Basically, intelligent life can have an effect on the fabric of reality similar to that of a black hole. The Coralians started causing a rip in reality (now the Great Wall), realized it, and forced themselves into dormancy, which is why the only actions we see it take during the series are by antibodies, humanform Coralians separate from the hive mind, and in effectively dream states. When Dewey forced the Coralians to awaken, then they did the reality splitting thing to avoid taking out the whole planet.

The very moment Truth showed up was the episode I dropped it. I could IMMEDIATELY tell that faggot was the beginning of the end.

I got into AMVs because of one set to that scene.

The music that plays during Anemone's monologue is so heartbreaking too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wqsdf346uW4

>To Make a Pathetic Decision

God even the title is depressing.

I didn't watch it but CR seemed neat in concept, and Mob Psycho is at the very least a visual treat so far.

It was a roller coaster, honestly. There were at least 5 distinct peaks where it seemed like it would get good/ was being good/ etc. Even at the end, when Renton showed up people were hopeful it would end high.

It did not.

The months of delusions threads afterwords did help a bit.

youtu.be/YCZiYO-vZUk?list=PLzbUgWdu-ypm1MypR3_OK_xv67AVOeolH

Don't forget Re-paradox, it fit so well with the re-intro of the gekko-go and Nirvash

Are there any interviews where someone involved in the production even tries to explain themselves? Seriously, how did an obviously broken character with asspull abilities and constantly shifting motivations and weaknesses ever make it into the plot>

The whole OST, man. I'd link you my personal favorite songs but I would most likely link half the soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo
youtube.com/watch?v=fFtnHfumir8
youtube.com/watch?v=2F_iRFRwv0I
youtube.com/watch?v=Cta1ThEccG8
youtube.com/watch?v=iRGFEPC8SSI
And then that song as well.

>That pic
I still don't understand how Axel is still alive when everyone else is that old.

I remember spending a few days busting my ass to get the "not finished" subs for the last 12 or whatever number episodes because Nanashi didn't want to release them until they finished their quality checks.

Absolutely loved the music from this series. I always sing Taiyou no Mannaka he whenever I'm at karaoke. Loved the series and story too, even though Renton was a bitch for most of it. It was alright because they were young and naive, and needed to grow the fuck up-- which he did (actual character development whoa).

It's a good series for repeating. There's a lot of stuff you only pick up when you go around again, now that you have the framework for understanding why, say, Holland is such a prick in the early episodes or Eureka says hurtful things to Renton.

>Is your life shit? Do you just want to kill yourself?
>Boy do we have the song for you!

>Sprinting Spirits

Mah nigga

That's because you're young. He's not very old - probably mid - early 60s in E7, possibly even 50s.

The first time I watched this which was >>>>>dubbed I actually despised almost every character, especially the gekko crew and then had this vapid dislike for the show. It took me a few more years and watching it the right way to grow to love the gekko and all of the characters, and to have this become my favorite anime.

Those are just my top 5. And that's excluding the OPs and EDs. This show had such God-tier music.

I remember when the series ended, I really wanted that jacket Renton wore in that episode.

I'm just listening to soundtrack again. I can't even remember what scenes some of these songs played at, but man are they good. The only part about the soundtrack that I don't really like are the opening and ending songs. The original had 8 awesome opening and ending songs.

To be perfectly honest Sup Forumsnon. I think this is one of the more acceptable dubs out there.

Not him, and small sample, but there's a nice near-equal divide between people I know who are for Renton having the deep voice in the Japanese ver, versus the more higher-pitched English dub, and vice-versa

this show was dogshit

>I think this is one of the more acceptable dubs out there
Holland, Anemone, and Dominic were great in the dub
Everyone else was alright
Renton, Eureka, and the kids were horrible (though to be fair the kids were much worse in Japanese)

It aired on tv, the majority of people's introduction to E7 was probably the dub, just like nearly all of us got into anime because of one dubbed series or another.

Most of the characters were unlikeable twats or one note aside from passersby like Tiptree until the Beams came along. It may have been a Saturday morning cartoon, but it really required one to either be young enough to not notice that everyone's a jerk, or mature enough to look past that to their development.

>That super scribbly outlet

I don't know why that stood out to me so much, but for some reason it's goddamn hilarious.

dirty dub watcher here. i'll always laugh when i remember Bosch answering "well he sounded like a girl, so I tried to sound like a girl" when asked about his dub of renton.
I really wish they'd have actually made the cast agree on how to pronounce eureka's name, i sweare there's like 5 variations over the course of the series.

El-recka
Urr-recka
Ay-yoo-de-ka (correct)
Oh-decka
????

Best one-episode character

>dirty dub watcher here
I watch both. I'm very biased depending on voice actors. I just preferred E7 subbed by a long way was all.

youtube.com/watch?v=uH-raqV_Qk4
youtube.com/watch?v=R0-Ah_hwfVs
youtube.com/watch?v=A0AUeC6noPM
youtube.com/watch?v=h9u8q60jutM

youtube.com/watch?v=g9OMCHxFr9s
youtube.com/watch?v=a7Qawkb67w4

My first two playthroughs of the series were in english. So in all honesty I did prefer the english Eureka over the japanese one. I'm on the edge for Renton.

I still want a proper sequel

>They dropped a mountain on his farm

All the other random people getting killed by the debris didn't really bother me, but redirecting debris just to kill him and his wife? That bummed me out pretty hard.

Ullrecker is much too pure for pre-marital sexualization. If you're going to post Eureka lewdness, make it post-finale.

>english eureka was Mamiki in FLCL too

also makes me chuckle.

I actually like her Mamimi voice a lot. She is a good VA, she just has to stop being pigeonholed as shy deredere all the fucking time. I also liked her performance as Nui simply because it was different from her status quo.

there's nothing lewd about this picture, she's just making a sand castle at the beach.

She's also Mikuru Asahina

But that bikini's a bit revealing.

agreed, she can do the chainsmoker voice well. also this horrid little creature.

>nui

fuck, i may have a reason to actually rewatch that trainwreck of a show again.

>Holland, what does yaoi mean?

Have you seen the length of the skirt she wears every day?

See Anyone to the left has quite a nice view of her on the couch.

is there any better song to relax than get it by your hands ? masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY

Spoilers. The plot was as follows: intelligent but incomprehensible alien lifeform called the Scub arrives on old Earth and begins trying to communicate with humans but is only capable of communicating by assimilating life. As it covers more and more of the planet humanity evacuates into space to find a new planet but wind up arriving back on the new, Scub-crusted Earth like 10,000 years later. Humanity settles on it fine and builds their old lives but the Scub wishes to be able to communicate with the only other intelligent life that exists but does not want to scare humans off again. Its solution is to send messengers that look like humans as a means of communication. Sakuya is the first one but she was misinterpreted as a messiah figure by a religious order and put into a temple alone for like 50 years. A young monk becomes her aid and they fall in love. They attempt to pass through the Great Wall, which is a LSD-inspired crack in the Scub crust that leads down to the original of Earth underground. They fail and Sakuya turns into a giant flower. Oops.

So is Earth literally just under a massive formation of scubs? I thought the Great Wall was just a portal, I didn't realise they were on Earth the whole time

Yep, it's like an extra crust over the surface of the earth.

So the Scub creates Eureka and delivers her to humanity with a device capable of passing through the Great Wall: Nirvash. Again misinterpreting what's going on, humanity chunks her into an R&D lab where science happens and the first mechs are made based on the Nirvash. Eventually shit goes south when they tap into Nirvash's dormant power and Eureka and Nirvash get thrown into a special combat unit with Holland. While ethnically cleansing a city one day, Holland meets the monk that fell in love with Sakuya and informs Holland of all this shit that's going on. So Holland takes Eureka and her 3 orphan children she just picked up due to just at that moment having a mental breakdown and forms Gekkostate for the purpose of figuring out how the fuck they're supposed to get a partner for Eureka and get them to the original Earth. Renton comes in, Eureka discovers this emotion called cute boys, Eureka accidentally tries to refuse with the Scub (turning her into a cancer patient), they fall in love, and Nirvash turns into a jet. They meet with Sakuya and the monk and cross the Great Wall and a human finally makes contact with the intelligence of the Scubs. The Scubs want humanity to fuse with them but Renton rejects that because humanity won't ever do that. They reach a compromise and are going to return to the surface when the Scub Nerve Center gets nuked from heaven. You see there's this asshole named Dewey obsessed with reclaiming Earth for humanity and decides that it would be smarter to destroy the Scubs than to unite with them, despite knowing that destroying the Scubs might accidentally tear the fabric of space and time a new asshole right where Earth is. That almost happens but Eureka tries to assimilate herself into becoming the new Nerve Center but Renton comes in and says nuh uh and Nirvash takes her place and somehow dimensions away a lot of the Scubs and royally reshapes the Earth in the process. Everybody lives happily ever after. AO doesn't exist.

So how come when the gang went onto Earth's surface the sky was blue? Shouldn't it be pitch black due to lack of sunlight? Unless the scubs are projecting a blue sky for shits and giggles

Forgot my pic.

You can see the massive pillars that support the Scub here.

The Scubs wanted to preserve Earth for when humanity came back. Not much preservation if everything dies due to lack of sunlight. Dunno how they do it but they can bend space and time so who even wants to figure it out.

Yeah, you can assume that the Scub kept the Earth alive (warm and lit) while humanity fled to the stars.

How is unknown, but it's not exactly out of place in the E7 universe.

Cancer coming through
strawpoll.me/10807404