Gunbuster

Just watched Gunbuster in one go. Had a slow start, but my god was the finale worth it. Got two questions:
Why was the last episode in black/white?
Is Diebuster even better? It seems more crazy, which I'm totally down for.
Is the Gunbuster vs Diebuster thing worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Hideaki_Anno.27s_Roundtable_Discussion
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because pretentious.
Diebuster = FLCL in SPAAACCEEE!!!

Check these dubs my dude

Next time

>Why was the last episode in black/white?
Because you're a faggot
>Is Diebuster even better? It seems more crazy, which I'm totally down for.
"Better" is subjective. Just watch it, faggot.
>Is the Gunbuster vs Diebuster thing worth watching?
No

>55

Budget problems. It did add to the atmosphere tho'.
Hope you watched the theaterical version with colored ending tho'.
>Is Diebuster even better?
Controversial question. Some like it, some hate it. I dig it a lot, but it's kinda different. Again, the ending will make it worth it.
No. It's just literally the two series shortened into movie forms, cutting tons of good stuff.

they chose to make it that way - apparently, it cost them more and actually part of why the last part isn't completely animated

i have a personal preference for diebuster because i adore FLCL and the obvious influences it had on it. you can't really compare the two tho.

nah.

>dramatic effects

Literally can't remember anything that happened in Diebuster, so No. But that's muh opinion

No

I liked it. Also Nono is cute.

>Hope you watched the theaterical version with colored ending tho'.
The "Welcome home" scene was in color at the end, did I watch the theatrical version?

da bess

yes, you did.
There's an all B&W version (that's usually in 4:3) that has a lot less detailed ending.

Black and white was a stylistic choice.
Diebuster is quite different in atmosphere, I recommend you watch something in between and then go back to it, just don't expect more of the same, but you're guaranteed to love the ending. Whether it's better is subjective, I think it's the same level.

GROOOOOOOVIN' MAGIC

>I recommend you watch something in between and then go back to it, just don't expect more of the same

this, but even if you go straight in knowing it's going to be radically different with a few callbacks and nods to Gunbuster you'll be fine.

jung a best

It wasn't black and white, it was shades of grey, which is about as intensive as color. It was a stylistic choice, though I wish Anno would have done it a little differently. color at the revealing of the "welcome back" instead of the decent.

The battle with the stills, however, was the result of budget issues.

No.

No.

t. someone who's watched Gunbuster 30+ times

your post is shit.

t: someone who's watched Gunbuster 3 times

I have ten times the authority you have.

Does Imaishi get trouble for this shit? Like, TTGL was a Gainax thing, so it''s reference was so subtle I would even hesitate to call it that, but this is all out Nono.

>it was shades of grey
How many?

On the decision to have the final episode of Gunbuster in black-and-white...
ANNO: When you have color, you have an extra dimension of information. Color would have gotten in the way of the sense of scale we wanted to portray with the black hole bomb. Also -- no one had ever done it before.

wiki.evageeks.org/Statements_by_Evangelion_Staff#Hideaki_Anno.27s_Roundtable_Discussion

>Budget problems.
Making it black and white was not cheaper.

>Like, TTGL was a Gainax thing
Created by the staff currently working at studio trigger.

Dropped

You omitted the important bit that comes immediately after that out-take.

>Budget problems. It did add to the atmosphere tho'.
retard

>In B4...

Please leave.

Diebuster is very different. The ending is the best part, but that's entirely due to how good Gunbuster is.

What I can say is that Diebuster's OP is fucking great and the best part of the show.

>jung freud
BRAVO ANNO