Why does America spend so much money on "defense"?

Why does America spend so much money on "defense"?

You only have 4 directions to defend. Two of them are vast oceans, one is a close ally and one is a weak, poor shithole.

Russia meanwhile borders 13 countries -Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania & Poland (with Kaliningrad), Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China and North Korea - and only spend about a tenth of what you do on defense.

Let's be honest here. Most of the 600 billion a year you spend on "defense" isn't actually for defense, it's for agression.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditure_per_capita
blogs-images.forbes.com/niallmccarthy/files/2015/06/20150625_Defense_GDP_Fo1.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War#United_States
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're fucking stupid, the US defends like 50 other countries

>buh buh just stop defending them

Good idea, until another Kuwait happens ie "you had the ability to stop 500,000 people getting killed and did nothing? wtf I hate america now"

stop pretending like you're hot shit ahmed

Because they subsidise North American and European defense through NATO. Not to mention many US bases around the world are there at the request of the host nation for security. If the US just went full isolationist it would be WW3

Thank you and God bless you America for keeping us safe.

We aren't playing defense you dumbass

Same reason we used to spend huge amounts on our navy; so that they're strong enough to be ok even if loads of countries ally against them

I wish that would happen. Let it happen during one presidency so we can use the next one to say we will defend you, but only if you turn around and hold your knees and submit to US policies

alright we'll stop footing your defense bill; lets see how long things work out when you have two giant sinks for your economy instead of one.

>Most of the 600 billion a year you spend on "defense" isn't actually for defense, it's for agression.

Actually, most of what we spend is neither for defense nor aggression. Rather, most is spent on lining the pockets of government contractors in sweetheart deals and pensions for millions of retired servicemen.

Because they are playing high stakes

>tfw the Royal Navy is a shadow of what it once was

it's not fair

>Why does the USA spend so much money on defense?
>Trump says the rest of NATO and the UN needs to pull their weight
>people get mad

Which is it? Do you want us to be your police force worldwide or do you want us to decrease military presence around the world? You get pissed no matter what we do.

When we even suggest we will stop having presence in Western Europe to counter the threat from Russia people in Europe piss their pants in fear. But then then next day people like you still shit post about our spending.

*meant to say Eastern Europe

Fucking checked

I bet your dick is rock hard right now.

China having a defence budget so high is unacceptable imo. If I were America I would not be letting that shit fly. Start a fucking war against those rice nibblers.

>be UK
>have national security assured by American defense spending
>be Europe
>be Israel
>be Australia
>be S.Korea
Gee I wonder.

"Defense" means maintaining our position as the worlds sole superpower. Manlet countries, espcially our pseudo colonies, just cant understand. Also, m-muh economy.

>US drastically cuts defense spending
>NATO loses so much power that its basically worthless
>All of Europe must become a Russian satellite or get assraped
wow, really makes me think...

NATO is like having your adult offspring live and NEET in your house well into their mid 30s. Sure you could kick then out and force them to grow up, or you can ensure they are omegas that depend on you for everything. Giving the milfy mistress purpose and authority in their sultry lives :3

Because Europe and Asian can't keep its act together. It's why we have military bases planted in your countries. It's not cheap, but less costly than allowing war to break out between you and your neighbors.

Nobody knows.
If you ask one of the retarded negroids in this channel with an American flag they will say its because America must be STRONK!!

On the other hand they dont want any involvement thats one of the reasons they elected Trump.

But not beeing involved into affairs outside your continent means you dont need all the defense investment.

But lowering the defense investment would be the biggest No go for the same people i mentioned above.
Instead of investing into something good ( renewable energy, NASA or fucking education system) its better to buy shitty airplanes nobody will ever use in combat

Europe isn't one country, Finland doesn't need the US we can defend ourselves.

A lot of that money also goes rowards research and development doesn't it? Not just buying gratuitous amounts of weapons.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

We wouldn't even fight you. we would just nuke you.

>Anyone wanting barren mountains

K.

Not that much, as a % of the budget.

War Economy is the bread and butter of economics. It's the easiest way to shoot money into the economy by employing thousands of people and having thousands of businesses make shit for you.

>Trump wants to give less to NATO
>Trump is undermining our allies!

>Trump wants to increase military spending
>Trump is a warmonger!

Who said anything about defense?

This. It's projection of power. Securing the interests of the Jew.

this is the only redpilled answer

Most people critique America for not investing in tech and science. All the major tech and science leaps that are leading the world are being run by American military funding.

why?

now post defence spending per gdp

FInland doesn't really have any mountains. Perhaps you are thinking about France or something? Both start with "F"

Where did I imply you would fight us? wtf. I'm stating you probably wouldn't defend us. Just as you shouldn't have to. And that you aren't defending us.

Why would the US ever fight Finland or "Nuke" us? Where do you get this shit, jsut because you have legalized weed doesn't mean you have to smoke it.

????

you mean per capita you subhuman

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditure_per_capita

and?

K E Y N E S
E
Y
N
E
S

>Why does America spend so much money on "defense"?
because we're literally the world police. if not use, then it'd be the chinks. and they would be have less mercy

>Why would the US ever fight Finland or "Nuke" us?

because you're either with them or against them. they're kinda bipolar that way

>and they would be have less mercy

yes, because americans are such humanitarians

>mfw an Americuck got indoctrinated into believing 5 fighter jets are more important than providing universal healthcare for all citizens

They should give out free drugs. Free drug America for me.

>still fail around the world since ww2

Adam smith said it first

Countries that do business don't go to war because it's economically moronic. It's what the EU was built on...right up until it became the (((EU))).

because this planet belongs to US.

I support the US budget, what secret tech-weapon shit that goes on deep within the defence excites me.

To defend the petrodollar. The USA can spend as much as it wants as long as it is the global reserve currency. Any threats to the petrodollar's legitimacy must be met with force or else the entire thing falls apart.

control the
O C E A N S
and you control the world

You fucking brainlets
I thought summer was over
I can’t believe I have to spell this out for a bunch of retards who don’t understand why we actually spend so much on defense:
Guess who owns US debt
Guess if there’s a correlation between military spending and confidence levels of countries buying our debt
Guess why the economy isn’t collapsing right now on a global scale
Fucking idiots, you unironically care about MUH PEACE (as any sane person would which is why it’s shocking you all think there’s a black and white divide on spending) and don’t look into any further

in what way?

no he means as a percentage of the gdp you complete fucking american retard

but the US doesn't control the world. is it because they don't control enough oceans?

>"you had the ability to stop 500,000 people getting killed and did nothing? wtf I hate america now"
said no one ever

>Congress bought off by AIPAC to keep crushing the ME for Israel
>also crushing more of the ME for Saudis since their oil drives the dollar's value
>NATO has left the US subsidizing nearly all of Europe's defense spending
>US considers making sure China doesn't fish pacific islands to depletion a national security issue
>there are also US operations to watch Chinese expansion into Africa
>if any of this is eliminated or scaled back, some people will remember how the US was this big omnipresent "force of good"
>and everyone will start demanding to know why a rich and powerful nation wasn't policing the world

For a kike, you're strangely right.

Because goy we're just doing our NATO agreement where we spend a certain amount of our GDP on Defense spending.

blogs-images.forbes.com/niallmccarthy/files/2015/06/20150625_Defense_GDP_Fo1.jpg

and?

The UN is funded almost totally by the US. We are forced to be the world police, even though we really don't want to be.

FPBP.

Because you don't

Really that is the reason.

You and dozens of other countries are slack asses when it comes to defense. You can't stand against the other massive nations. We can. So we do.

We keep the peace.

>We are forced to be the world police, even though we really don't want to be.

who's forcing you?

>We keep the peace.

by initiating WW3 against NK and Iran. ok

>by GDP
>only NATO members meeting the %GDP requirement are US, Estonia, Greece, the UK, and Poland
germany pay denbts you lazy faggots.

NATO should be downsized

not from the US you can't, lol

NATO should be eliminated, but in the meantime, Germany should actually follow their agreements like honorable people instead of just when it suits them.

Germany's only good for filter Muslim trash into other people countries and starting world wars.
Expecting a feminist leader to be honorable is like expecting a nigger to not steal.

>Germany should actually follow their agreements like honorable people instead of just when it suits them.

you mean like pulling out of the iran deal?

Black projects need black budgets.....the NSA, DOD & NRo ain't gonna run on fairy dust...demons & mad scientists need a lot of $$$

good post

Your chart is false

It's okay if you do that shit with Obama's policies. After all, Obama's agreements were only 3/5ths of normal agreements.

we could defend ourselves well enought that you'd never touch us. Same goes for defending against russia.

The only reason a country should have a military is to protect itself well enough to avoid a war. Our military does that.

Are you 5?

I know you believe that you could just occupy/beat any country that has a smaller military than you just like in Red Alert.
Let's say your government suddenly decided to attack canada, yeah for a while youd shit on them, then you'd have a civil war and whoever started the war would get the death penalty.

Do you really think anyone in Finland is in anyway whatsoever afraid of the US? Jesus.

Nobody invades you because your country is a backwater shithole with no natural resources. What the fuck do you have to take?
Stop talking like you have the slightest relevance.

>joint US/Russian war against Finland
>Finns laugh at how pathetic their opponents will be
>US naval and Russian ground blockade surrounds Finland
>the only thing not allowed in is alcohol and supplies to produce it
>87% of Finland commits mass suicide within three days
>remaining 13% of Finland kills each other of the dwindling reserves of high-proof hooch

why would germany still want to be part of NATO?

>>joint US/Russian war against Finland

on what grounds? 'cuz MUH FEE FEES

That's sort of my point you mongoloid.
We have a great country but no one has any reason to attack us, since it wouldn't be worth it.
No oil and a good military.

The fact that our military is smaller than yours has nothing to do with it.

Christ, can't you even read? English isn't your native tongue is it? Fucking border hopper.

This guy gets it.

It is mostly wages, pensions and healthcare for soldiers and civilian staff.

;D

FPBP for sure.

If America *does* defend allies around the world, we are admonished for "meddling". If we don't, we are admonished for not stopping violence.

Disclosure: I'm also biased because those defense dollars pay my salary.

>If America *does* defend allies around the world, we are admonished for "meddling".

> If we don't, we are admonished for not stopping violence.

examples pls

also

>burgers caring what the rest of world thinks

Syria, Iraq, South Korea, USSR, Kosovo.

Actually America has a poor weak shithole to its north now too

People still bitch about the Rwanda genocide and "reeeee why didn't america go do anything about it" as just one example

Jews

>trusting a Muslim country to honour any agreements
That's your first mistake kiddo

Syria, Iraq, USSR, Kosovo = not allies
SK = which example is this supposed to be?

>"reeeee why didn't america go do anything about it" as just one example

because they claim to be the world police dumbfuck. if you are, then do your fucking job

how?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Aggressively defensive. Think a little. It keeps them in check without a war. It's an investment not just in peace for the US, but even for our friends and enemies.

A, Because of the Military Industrial Complex, the total costs is much higher than actual cost because a large % of what's spend comes back as revenue
B, Military might buys them Geopolitical influence
C,The US can have a catastrophic economic disaster and would still be safe because they've got so much overkill when it comes to arms (insurance, basically)
D, To fight actual wars

Because (((they))) told them to, the average amerilard cant point out any country on a map.

Syria to start

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War#United_States

>For several initial months of the Syrian uprising that began in March 2011, the U.S. administration headed by Barack Obama, despite pressure from some political groups, refrained from outright calls for Bashar Assad′s ouster, a move then opposed by key regional U.S. allies such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Thank you for your aid against our guerillas and drug cartels m8. Plan Colombia is getting good results.