ITT: Competent non-support females in shounen

ITT: Competent non-support females in shounen

I theorize this will be a short thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qY13zZ2K-tE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Main characters count, right?

With a comment like that from the OP, I'll give us three posts until "No True Scotsman" is applied to a show, questioning the validity of a show as "shonen".

Ya beat me

This.

I believe the true definition is really what the intended demographic or audience is (young boys), but, people usually equate it more to the content of a show-- which is more than likely gonna end up mostly being battle manga.

I could be wrong on some of those, but, my point is that this will be an interesting one.

I'll give you purple but blue did nothing.

She is probably the best pilot in gundam.

She was pretty based before becoming a retard.

Not Shounen

But she barely does anything important since the second part of the series and it was her incompetence that got Leomon killed.

>Took control of an entire empire.
>Despite being evil as fuck was never truly defeated or punished
>Actually achieved her goal in the end.

She might as well be the most competent female character in the medium.

>non-support
Didn't she have her partner give up their powers to support Justimon?

True answers

>shounen

Pic unrelated
She was worthless. In fact she fucking died accomplishing nothing.
That was all due to bad writing

This is shounen.
You all know it.

DAT ASS

She defeated dark green.

ITS A FUCKING MAN'S NAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bad writing or not she did all that while super ayys were literally manipulating history on a global scale. Definitely a competent woman.

Don't you dare forget about her, you motherfuckers.

OLD HAG
NON IMMORTALS ARE IRRELEVENT

What about Allenby?

On the topic of this thread, do Rain and Allenby count? Rain gets kidnapped a lot though is otherwise competent, but her role is literally support, and while Allenby is competent, she's not very prevalent in the show, and most of the time is going Berserk.

>haruhi
>shounen
k
it's on a seinen mag

Peterhausen could be a female.

Does she count?

Mai is pretty competent.

>school setting
>must be shounen hurr durr
Fucking retard

ITT: violent bitchy tsunderes

I theorized this will be a short thread because women are oppressed in anime

I'm going to allow this.

Fuck off with your Burgerland cartoons.

Reluctantly allowed, but fuck the sequel

Nice bait. I don't know why you'd want a qt femboi to be a girl.

He must be gay.

Rika best digiwaifu.

>shounen

Shana counts, right?
The pink maid and blonde glasses girl were just as competent too.

Not sure if she counts as 'support' but she's competent usually. Still a bitch, though.

>posting boys

Slayers is seinen.

please leave

Doesn't Shana get rekt by boring MC kun who becomes boring villain?

Shounen is a demographic
Action, or battle anime, is a genre

Not anymore, now she's just Baba's wife.

Already addressed in the thread, and non-shounen examples are being called out. Don't be a cunt.

How about too competent?

Does it count if she's a total Mary-Sue?

Such a shame that it got cancelled

Whaaa? It got canceled? That blows. Haven't read it in a while, was hoping to pool up some chapters before I went back to it.

Underrated.

That's not why it doesn't count. It doesn't count because it's the greatest commentary on shounen ever made.

What happened to her and the robot partner? Can't be assed to catch up, just spoiler me.

I think i stopped at the part where the native amerindian loli witch doctor was saying/doing something.

Yeah. Worst of all, Justimon didn't even accomplish shit with it. The only ones who were needed to win the final battle were Saintgalgomon because of the program and Dukemon because he rescued the girl. Sakuyamon and Justimon didn't do shit.

I actually can't believe I'm the first person posting this.

Or this.

Or this.

If Toph's ok then does pre-insanity Azula count?

>saber
>competent

Is she considered support? I seem to remember her being one of the better front-line combatants.

I figured that'd be seinen.

seinen.

Sherry and Brago are shounen rivals done right.
>tfw cheated out of his crown because of the power of friendship

>isekai no sexy monogatari
>competent female characters
I enjoy this show but I don't delude myself.

I let my son watch Monster Shirt. He loved it.

Kuvira would be a better choice in pretty much every respect.

She was pretty much the only one.

Her elf-period makes her into a weak emotional floosey.

I can accept Kuvira. But I contest her being better in every respect. Emotionally yes, but to me Azula better represents the Grace Under Pressure-type of character. Even when she was surprised she used her training or ingenuity to overcome it while maintaining that air of a ruler before her fall into insanity. Kuvira to me never really handled surprises all that well, it always showed how flustered she was. Azula was at least able to hide it better, and was never really taken aback too much. I just finished the series a few days ago, and Azula always came off as way too competent.

That doesn't make her incompetent.

Azula was extremely talented and competent in a martial sense, but she was never entirely sane. She relied heavily on Mai and Ty Lee to handle anything not combat related.

Just finished watching Bleach, and, omitting filler, I don't think a single female character wins a 1v1 fight except for for Rukia downing that Espada, and she basically dies doing that. Rukia jobs all the time, Orihime never did anything, Matsumoto is just a titty monster that the bad guys laugh off, hell Sai Fon gets like one kind-of win at Karakura Town. Nel goes flip mode for half an episode then disappears forever mid-fight, Halibel doesn't even put up a W. Like, I'm not looking for MUH STRONK FEMALES but these are warrior women with high spiritual pressure, and every single one loses always. It's just odd.

She was certainly competent.

youtube.com/watch?v=qY13zZ2K-tE

That's why I said Kuvira wins emotionally, she didn't have the same flaw or at least to the extent Azula did.

probably the most competent non-cliche shounen girl

Fuuko is cool

>Google image search what this is

>get pictures of heart and organ transplants

The fuck? Also ewww.

they killed her off too early

Yeah Im just gonna rip off my own arm to trick the bad guys. Not a big deal.

Is Illya shounen?

Really? /a? I'm disappointed

>I have literally no idea what shounen means

No it's intended for manchildren not actual children.