How are they killing all these people while claiming to be christian? I though the bible said thou shalt not kill...

How are they killing all these people while claiming to be christian? I though the bible said thou shalt not kill. Whats the point of belonging to the religion if you don't follow its rules?

quality thread

>How are they killing all these people while claiming to be christian

Catholic, my dear user. Catholic.
Even today, the inquisition is alive in countries such as spain and portugal, under the pretense of opus dei or other religious sects.

>religious people being hypocrites

didn't see that one coming

It's neither since this is Berserk.

Berserk isn't a historical reenactment you fucking retard. The Holy See isn't Christian, it's fiction, because you're watching anime. Please lurk more before making threads, newfriend.

>I though the bible said thou shalt not kill.
lol, maybe you should actually read it

>christian

In the christian faith it is a sin for an individual to kill, but if it is done at the behest of God then it is acceptable. God's will takes precedence over the commandments. The problem is how do you prove (or disprove) God's will?

> but if it is done at the behest of God then it is acceptable
Well, isn't that fucking convenient!

No, the original Hebrew is "thou shalt not murder", i.e. kill without good cause.

The christian faith was also very tribal in the beginning and the "thou shalt not kill" part only applied against other christians, pagans were not protected.

If an afterlife and a just God exists, you're not killing them per-say as much as delivering them to God to stop them from corrupting the chillun.

All laws have their loopholes.

because God doesn't exist and believers are dumb

*tips fedora*

>God doesn't exist
Since that is hard to prove I think it would be more accurate to state that God is irrelevant.

IIT: Euphoric atheists

Never once did they say Christian. Its a different fantasy religion, with Inquisition toned up to 1000

Is it turned up though? Mozgus has only purged like 500 heretics.

>Catholic
All religions are capable of breaking their own rules so long as they invoke the will of their divine patron. If you worship the ultimate power in the universe and it tells you to do something you don't like who are you to against it?

The Catholic Church makes ISIS look like a bunch of kids: in France the Catholic killed over 30,000 people for being Protestant-in a single year

>How are they killing all these people while claiming to be christian?
They aren't

He parallels the middle ages dumbass,go and read about it.

when and source

Well you see OP Christians were originally very pacifistic, but they also got the shit killed out of them and were powerless politically.

So they had to spread their religion to powerful figures like Charlemagne and other big shot war guys in order to avoid extra persecution, and when that happened, the war guys decided that murdering people in the name of Christianity was a-okay because otherwise they would've had to have stopped murdering people, which would've meant way less money and security

So now you have a religion of peace with a significant population of bloodthirsty maniacs spoiling for a chance to shoot some heathens

You prove it by being the best at killing. Nobody will challenge your claims then.

All religions have persecuted non-believers at some point in their history. The larger the religion the more damage it can do.

Religion has killed more people than anything else.

There is no more evidence for the non existence of god than there is for the existence of god, the scientific method is unable to come to a conclusion on this matter.

The scientific method hasn't been able to come up with any reliable tests so, for the time being, the question of whether God exists or not is irrelevant, just as it is currently irrelevant to question what exists outside our observable universe.

And there will never be any reliable tests for something which is supposedly beyond the laws of physics, so yeah, the question is irrelevant.

>Catholic, my dear user. Catholic.
Actually, protestants were buring people alive centuries after catholics stopped burning the dead.

Allahu Ackbar faggot.

christians weren't always cucked like today fampai

Thou shall not kill is from the 10 commandments, through Moses. Christianism came with Christ, much later, and it says killing is never ok.
Besides that, the breaking some rules from the old testament are not quite sins by themselves. For example, not eating pig meat. The reason it's not allowed is because it's unhealthy, and you're supposed to take good care of your body. Same goes for smoking.

Yeah its something its impossible to actually disprove.

Trying to prove that anything doesn't exist is pretty much impossible though.

Sure, but as someone said earlier the existence of something that is claimed to exist without producing any evidence of its existence is irrelevant.

The inquisition is the most overated shit ever.