Why

Why do threads get archived while posts are still happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How new are you?

Extremely. Like 3 days old.

Threads have a bump limit. These limits can differentiate between the boards.

On Sup Forums a thread reaches the limit with 300 posts. After this point the thread isn’t bumpable anymore.

And you should lurk moar

if you're new, don't make threads
thanks

So basically once a post hits 300 no one can comment on it anymore? Also I am lurking but the whole reason I’m here is to talk about the Vegas shooting. So I do want to comment on some thing’s.

Ehh it was the quickest way to get an answer and it worked but thanks.

You still can write in a thread after it reached 300 posts but when the thread hit page 11 it’s dead

No, that's not how it works

Ok then color me confused again. So it’s when it hits 11 pages or is it more of a moderator discretion thing? Sorry for being a newfag by the way.

Here’s what you do

Constantly create blacked or riced thread and you won’t get archived

Also create 5 threads simultaneously to push the old threads away cause they are old

the bumplimit is different on some other boards but here it is 300 posts, after the 300th post it no longer can get bumped to the first page. you can still post after the bump limit is reached but with each new thread posted, the bumplimited (also called autosaged) thread falls further in the catalog... after it falls off page 11 it is no longer possible to post in it

Lurk until you don't have anymore stupid questions before posting.

But my stupid questions are being answered so clearly this is the better route to go. Also is this constant captcha because I’m on a phone?

there is only allowed to be a certain number of active threads on the board at the same time, the thread will be archived once it falls off of page 11

Mods.

you have to do a captcha every time you post

Thanks man just got annoying when the thread is going strong and all of the sudden you can’t lost anymore.

Buy a Sup Forums pass

Ohh can I give you all my money for it?

All its costs is your soul

Shit I already sold my soul. Will you take ginger pubes for it?

>The N word
Nigger do you even understand where the fuck you are?

This. It's like an entirely different site with a gold account. I think phonefags don't have to fill out the email field.

The 7th circle of hell?

Sure

Go to your settings and select legacy captcha, trust me.

Phone posting faggot

I’m not sure which is better. I’m a phone fag

Kill yourself. Dont even lurk more. Colossal faggot

Is that frowned upon for some reason

Try Reddit

Fucking hell this is the newest of newfag question. Go to Sup Forums.org/faq#bump

Read that all and lurk for at least 15 years

I told you to trust me, why didn't you trust me?

You are lucky there are other less newish fags to spoonfeed you. You have just as much of a chance for your questioning threads to turn into a shitfest of memes.

Have fun. Remember Sup Forums is mostly satire and trolls trolling trolls, and lurk more.