Did your taste in anime changed as you grew older?

Did your taste in anime changed as you grew older?

Yes.

No. According to Sup Forums, my taste has been consistently shit since 2008

I was already too old when I started, so no.

Elaborate.

What kind of animu did you fags liked before compared to now?

Significantly.

Example?

Why do you want to know?

Boku no pico

At the point of I want to love anime still but not sure if I do.

Blame that one on midlife crisis. even though I'm not close to 40-50.

I went from edgelord manime to almost exclusively SoL and romance. Not sure what that means.

I still pursue escapism but instead of self-inserting I just watch light hearted SoL comedies.

Yep. I stopped watching it altogether. The only thing this board is good for is sadpanda threads.

Nice try

yea now i like edgy and realistic plot like gundam rather than flashy and cringey anime like SAO

No, my taste in pretty much everything (anime/music/video games/etc) has stayed more or less the same since i was like 13.

That your taste is dictated by memes?

curiosity

Not a rec thread m8,I'm not asking the name of anime specifically.

Kannafag assemble!

>realistic plot
>gundam
Come now.

>leg

Started out watching only edgy violence action fighting shows. Now I prefer for the most part lighthearted comedy, sol and cute girls.

most of the series is realistic except for G gundam, and such.
advanced giant bipedal mech is pretty realistic future weaponry imo especially when it goes to space exploration.
Faggot do u even watch gundam?

Chuuni shit>Romance>comfy SOL/Romantic Comedy

wat das mane?

I started with Inuyasha, Slayers, Full metal panic, Kiddy Grade and Chrno crusade when I was young and I still like these shows to this day. So my taste only expanded.

I used to be an edgy teen who only liked "high art". Now, I can embrace more sillier shows.

Everything changes as you get older.

My taste in anime went from
>anime is fucking gay
to
>I can't stop watching all this moeshit somebody help me
almost instantaneously.
I'm not sure if I can call that an evolution. It's more like something in my brain broke and I couldn't go back.

I now avoid highschool and escapism anime where losers who will never have a gf can't self insert to.

The double negative makes this hard to understand

I only like moe sol now. It's the only genre nips can write decently.

Then:
>cute girls doing cute things plus "Sup Forums's classics"
Now:
>cute girls doing cute things

I went from edgelord shonenfag to deepfag to mechafag then reached enlightenment and just watch CGDCT SoL anime now.

Then:
>hmmph, I only watch mature sophisticated anime for real men such as myself

Now:
>hey man i gotta get my fix man just inject cute girls directly into my veins i can't take it any more

This but backwards.

I've apparently had shit taste since 2005.

Here's one without all those awful jpg artifacts. It's 2016 people, fuck.

refer to this some anime is stressful to watch or in other way, consume your energy to watch in addition on lifting your spirit to initiate to watch them.
In comparison, SoL is easy to watch.

I grew up and only watch mature anime for mature people such as myself.

writing analysis could only tell me the person in charged in less educated while that fucking miniature ''i'' is almost triggering

I don't find edgy anime stressful, just boring, since their cool factor relies on pretty shallow aspects such as powerlevel bullshit.

Yes.

I can't watch cute moe shit, harems, shounenshit and SOL anymore

Edgy shit like SAO and Akame ga Kill->All of Trigger's works->Deepshit like Evangelion->Cute confy shows and romantic comedies

Not really. I'm sure most of the things I enjoyed when I was 10 I would still enjoy now at 30. However I'd imagine this sort of thing would be common among some people, especially those who at some point were self conscious about the things they watched.

>person in charged in less educated
I'm too dumb to understand this sentence.

agree. i wish i can get younger where i can accept those anime without inherently rejecting by LOGIC. I used to be very imaginative where i can fucking create many fantasy world based on almost any things (toys or movie mostly) that are not bound to logic. Now, i am corrupted , everything must be systematic, in order with rules reflect one another.

wari wari, i am less educated too.

>WAtch

that fucking A

Yes. From shounenshit to SoL moeblob anime.

It's not even about stress or shit like that.
I enjoy the writing and dialogue in my anime the most, and a lot of "mature shows for mature people" plain suck at it.
Just look at Joker Game last season, so serious and mature but the writing is horseshit that's beaten by little girl SOL.

When I was a teenager I only watched "mature shows for mature people such as myself" AKA shitty action shows and Death Note.
Nowadays I prefer comedies and shows that don't take themselves seriously. Although I don't mind watching serious shows every once in a while my definition of "mature" has certainly changed.

I don't even watch anime now.

Shit is boring as fuck for me now and i just read manga from time to time

As years pass you grow appreciation for less stressful and calm anime

SOL,relaxed and cute anime in general or shorts.

I think is natural.

>VN inspired
>serious and mature
As a pretentious fuck I must tell you that you're doing it wrong.
Anime originals and real-novels inspired are the stars that must guide you in your pretentious journey. Manga is fine too.

I fucking hate most manga/anime nowadays but for some reason I tend to like reverse harem or female protag surrounded by ikemen.

Probably, I don't remember my taste or opinions when I was ten watching DBZ or even FMA.

I thought Joker Game was a novel.

I don't know how grown ass adults can watch boring SOL where they do nothing but boring shit.

Unless it's some shit like Koroko connect

Nips couldn't write a half-decent plot even if their life depended on it.

Once one grows out of their chuuni and the edgeappeal stops working, it's quite simple to realize the only thing this whole pop culture has ever been good for is violence, fanservice, moe and iyashikei.

But at that point you already learned to embrace it and indulge yourself in the only two things that you can still unironically enjoy: cute SoL series and borderline doujins.

Ayaka's harem best harem.
>Richard
>Arthur
>Gil
>Lancer
>Percy(beta orbiter)

Yeah, I fucked up and typed VN instead of light novel.

shoujoshit?

Not really. I liked action shows with style, character and heart, like Bebop, as well as comedies, romance, basically anything as long as it had a strong backbone with the writing. A lot of my favorites are what Sup Forums would deem casual or entry level, but they are still my favorites despite seeing "Sup Forumscore" like Lain, Haibane Renmei, Mushishi, TTG, Aria, etc.

The only difference is that I read/watch a lot less romance now, because I've read a lot and now they all bleed together, and are mostly shit. Romance is best in shows that don't focus on it.

I didn't watch anime when I was young

Get those depression pills.

My interest in loli increased as I got older, that's for sure.

Yeah, I started to like more shows for little girls.

>minami-ke
>Maou

i like you

Not depressed

Correction: But only as subplot

Ayaka, best TM protag!

It's a stage you reach when you get really ronery. But yeah it gets really boring because every SoL is basically copy pasta'd character archetypes.

It was originally an actual novel. So was that Subete ga F ni Naru, both shows sucked tremendous amounts of shit despite being based on "real" books.

yeah i guess

That was the opposite for me. I've became more interested in older ladies with time while my interest in lolis has diminished. Now I'm about equally attracted to lolis and milfs.

"Real Books" are ones that aren't made in shitty japan since they can't write for shit and love their suicidal depressed stories

Yes. Mine did a lot. I got into anime through introduction shounens. Naruto, HxH, attack on titan stuff like that. Now I basically only really like SOLs.

Then it sounds like it's time for you to find a new hobby.

I used to think cute girl shows and SoL were boring, now I watch several each season.

But I still love chuuni edgefests like Akame ga Kill on a visceral level even if the writing is bad

Maybe when manga dies out for me

>got into anime through attack on titan
So it's your third year watching anime?
Looks like it's not your taste changing, you're just only starting to get one.

there should be a name for the law that after you watch ~150 anime SoL/moe become your favorite shows

moe's law?

perfect

Worse definitely. I mostly read Isekai WNs on Narou and play Eroge.

I used to not want to watch shows with cute girls unless it had a good story, but I stopped caring about that ages ago.

I mean it still has to be interesting, but at least I'll go into a show now if all I'm looking for is cute, I was more of a moralfag back then and looking for an excuse beyond "it's cute" to get into a show, tastes haven't really changed outside of that

People actually think Moe and SOL crap is good just because you watched a lot of shows?

Kek on 450+ now and i still will never like that snoozefest shit unless it has a real plot in it.

What did you even watch last season?

Having 450+ watched shows is not something to be bragging about

450 minutes, right?

Well I'm not gonna start wasting time listing them just so you can shitpost with your memes and smug pics so just know i watched round 12 shows.

Of course user! It went from Pokemon to Naruto! But being serious of course it did, ever since I was watching more substantial piece of art seinen works, I could never go back to watching mary-sue fest shounen anime.

I'm on 300something now and this is not true at all. I still find SoL to be pretty boring, not because of the genre itself but because the characters and writing are usually shit. (I enjoyed Aria solely for the setting and music, really dull characters.) With action/battle shounen, even if the characters are awful, you can at least have an interesting plot or fights to latch onto.

That's not the point, people going on that they've seen couple hundred and then automatically liked SOL and moe crap, that shit don't happen to everyone

>Well I'm not gonna start wasting time listing them
didn't see that coming
but rarely do sol not have any plot, they are usually doing something. last season anne happy was great and that was sol

Did you really get upset about a silly little joke?

This. I've become what I hate. And I love it.

Being obsessed about moeshit is exactly like being obsessed about shonenshit, you grow out of it kiddos.

>years watching anime=anime watched

>didn't see that coming

I have no reason to give fuel to shitposters

Someone post that pasta, you know the one.

Says the faggot who started shitposting with smug pics first. Fucking pussy.