What is Sup Forums's opinion on Outlaw Star? Is it anime kino?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Outlaw Star? Is it anime kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AJzWJ1DA9Jc
mangahere.co/manga/outlaw_star/
youtube.com/watch?v=eEH59PX4q90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's garbage Toonamishit for Redditors.

>Is it anime kino?

No. However Gene is one of the greatest male MCs of all time.

It's pretty good if you ignore all the bad parts. And boy do you have to ignore a lot, but it's charming enough to get you through.

There's not THAT much bad stuff.

Even better than Cowboy Bebop. And a soundtrack from God Otani

youtube.com/watch?v=AJzWJ1DA9Jc

7/10 series with robot arms on spaceships that toonami kids put on a pedestal because it's like a halfway point between Cowboy Bebop and Yu Yu Hakusho/kenshin/other worthwhile not-dbz 90s shonen

I still get a kick out of him killing the cat girl

Cowboy Bebop is massively overrated.

It's a good ride as long as you don't take it seriously.

I rewatch it every couple of years. It's a fun ride, has a good set of characters, some pretty memorable plot happenings, and some underrated battle animation from time to time.
Aisha best girl btw.

I jerked it to Melfina back in middle school on more than one occasion. Years later I found out they show her totally naked in the manga.

the fug is 'kino'

So is YYH.
What's your point?

you watch your whore mouth
>ignoring the last arc

Naw, there far more good than bad. You're just use to the amount of crap in modern televised anime that you believe your own memes.

>Even better than Cowboy Bebop
Almost had me, but no. It is a good watch but not great. Bebops OST is far superior.

The main plot is shit but the episodic stuff is actually very effective and the series is beautiful.

I just want to read the manga and I can't find it. Been trying for years.

It is watchable, but overrated. Not much more than average, not really that interesting.

Still has my favorite handgun in all anime. I wish they'd spent more time focusing on things like sorcerous firearms than they did on Melfina, whom by the end of it I wish they'd never thawed out of her freezer suitcase.

Never understood why the existence of this show triggers Bebopfags so much, especially since that show is just a westernized/corporate version of the true masterpiece that is Samurai Champloo.

Lats arc was great, what are you smoking?

Isn't this it?

mangahere.co/manga/outlaw_star/

show needed kuwabara

You are now realizing that the caster was only ever useful around 5 times in the entire series. A majority of the time it just misfired or was countered.

I fapped to her and katara katara

>space ships with fucking battle axes

5/10 wouldn't bother with again

Bebop was better. It's a shame that so many people over look it for this bullshit garbage. It's literally just a story about a manchild who goes into space and picks up a bunch of women crew members who do basically nothing except occasionally nag him (sexist much there?) Seriously fuck this show and all the babbies that like it.

>Thinking you can't like both Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star
>B8ing this hard

Caster guns were the coolest shit.

Rewatched the series a few months ago after 10 years. It's still great. Still don't understand what the fuck happened the last two episodes though.

>It's pretty good if you ignore all the bad parts.

The manga is quite lewd. It makes me miss the days when anime protagonists knew how to use their dicks.

They realized that they had 2 episodes to clear up the mysterious leyline plotline, that they spent 24 episodes hyping up

It's too bad the universe was never really expanded upon, futuristic wild west/mystic chinese aesthetic, was such a weird, yet, charming combo. Maybe the universe just can't handle catgirls hunting after that shota dick day and night.

Didn't the manga only run for about 2 volumes?

Watch the bd if you haven't already. Best HD release ever

>build up to this guy being the most badass of them all
>make him go out like a little bitch

That's the issue of OS.
Great premise, but weak execution.

The magicians seen in the first two episodes were cool, but become almost completely irrelevant afterwards.

I thought after Hilda died Gene would become a roaming bounty hunter, but no, he opens a shop on some random planet and does odd jobs

Then there was that elite group of 7(?) assassins, but honestly I only remember the cat loli.

I still like the show, I just feel it could have played out much, much better.

I like it. It was also one of my first faps thanks to Aisha Klan Klan.

I honestly think that if Outlaw Star weren't one of the very first seinen shows to get widespread exposure in the West (in the early 2000s, at least), then hardly anyone would remember it today.

I'm sure that you're right about that, just look at any list of shows from seasons 15-20 years ago and 90% of them are completely forgotten.

Good point. There's also the fact that the trailers and the OP/ED made it look way cooler than it actually was. It insists upon itself, so to speak, which isn't a bad thing, but the end result is lots of style, not enough substance.

>forgetting leilong owning the entire crew and throwing the fight because fuck it I like this idiot and I want out

Most of them were throwaways though. Hanmyo and Hitoriga were the only other ones to stand out at all really, and Hitoriga only because of his "oh, so that's the fuck suzuka's been so mad at all this time".

Sup Forums's new buzzword.

Silly fun space adventure that knows that it is and isn't pretentious or trying to be profound. Just invites you along with its crew of lovable misfits.
But Aisha a best girl.
Always.

fuck off back to /r/vidya

>dies protecting his waifu
Harry a cute. Yandere male done right.

Is the manga finished? I loved the hell out of OS, but it's fame got swallowed up by Bebop at the time it came out in the west.

Also, dat beautiful ED theme. I have a weak spot for sad sounding themes.

youtube.com/watch?v=eEH59PX4q90

The manga only had 3 volumes, and ended in 1999.