Why did it tank so hard Sup Forums?

Why did it tank so hard Sup Forums?
Why does Japan hate and actively try to destroy everything that's unique and interesting?

Lesbians are not unique or interesting.

Ikuhara disappointed me with this but it's to be expected when you create the godly show known as Penguindrum.

Poorly animated and directed garbage

>Why does Japan hate and actively try to destroy everything that's unique and interesting?
It doesn't. You just never hear about those things because you are baka gaijin.

In what way did it tank?

>CGDCT
>Unique/Interesting

It was the second worst selling show of its season I think.
RIP Ikuni, the modern anime industry doesn't deserve you.

Pretentious boring garbage

Ikuhara is auteur. Those usually don't sell too well.

Most of Sup Forums is too retarded to understand it

nerd shit

It honestly wasn't that good. I mean there was like a whole episode missing that would have made Ginko and Kureha's relationship into something worth caring about.

But it's really unfortunate, because I honestly think the show was close to being quite good.

Utena did enough for a movie and even Penguindrum sold decently.
I say otaku got worse.
Just look at these people

Nobody in this thread has read Deleuze

Lesbo bears aren't special or interesting.

>Why does Japan hate and actively try to destroy everything that's unique and interesting?
That's literally the plot of yurikuma. They don't like people to get out of the norm.

It was genuinely shit.

I didn't watch it, worst show ever

In the "this anime wasn't popular and didn't make a profit" kind of way.

It was incoherent and boring, and the only reason you would watch it is for mediocre yuri fanservice.

Woah man, 2deep4me

There is still nobody in this thread who has read Deleuze

Retards couldn't understand it.

It's funny how so many anime criticize the japanese group think and conformism, but in the end it's all for nothing.
You'd think otaku would be more open to this way of thinking because of their outcast status, but they only end up falling into another kind of norm.

It started out alright but just ended up falling flat. Overall it wasn't a good show.

>I think

What was its budget?

>mfw dropped it 4 episodes in
Thank god

What kind of faggot drops a show after the best episode?

It should have been two-cour. The characters needed some fleshing out, especially Ginko and Kureha. Aside from that, show was top notch and had an interesting message. Shame that people dismiss it because it looks like fanservice and is 2deep for some.

I actually kinda of liked it but just ended up forgetting about it halfway into the season.

The entire plot just felt kind of convoluted and didn't really go anywhere.

Art direction and visual quality as a whole was great, though, as was the music.

Nobody who will ever post in this thread will ever read Deleuze

This is the kind of person who shouldn't watch Ikuhara.

What's so great about Deleuze
Ikuhara already hyped up Hesse and that was shit

This is the kind of person who shouldn't watch Ikuhara.

>guy who likes Hesse in charge of judging others
Back to middle school kid.

They don't, you retard. Penguindrum did well. They just didn't like this one as much, and neither did the world in general.

>Yuri show is shit
>Yurifags get mad and ask why no one liked it
>"People must like it! It's yuri!"

Just kill me.

The best episode was the teacher's, which I think was 8?

Who are you reddit arrowing?

If less than 5k for the first volume of a 2 cour show is "doing well" for you.

Like Kiznaiver it has nice ideas and aesthetics but was overall rushed since it only had 12 eps

No, Lulu's episode was the best.
A good old Nanami episode with even some real pathos at the end.

>even comparing this to Shitnaiver
Kill youself.

>for the first volume
>mentioning first volume sales only for a show where full data has been available for years
This is some extreme cherry-picking. The full thing averaged about 5500. I'd call doing better than ~3/4s of TV anime "doing well," yes.