ITT: This years best new manga in your opinion

ITT: This years best new manga in your opinion

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=131848
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody on Sup Forums knows about new manga until it gets an adaption 2 years later.

Nice rec thread dude.

>pic unrelated
Nigga I'll cut you

I liked Takuan to Batsu but I haven't read much shit from this year

Nice dubs, but you do raise a point. People here thought SnK was garbage before it got an anime. Its still garbage but its garbage others will consume now.

>Spirit Circle
>this year
user

Remember the threads after the very first episode aired? That was the day I fully turned by back on commie.
>Eotens

great manga don't get me wrong, just not this years release though

>This years new manga
>Spirit Circle

was meant for

I read some of Owari no Seraph before the anime adaptation got announced. How was it, by the way?

Kaguya sama was this year right?

Also Criminale and that edgy fire guy

Life So Happy.
The fuck is the point of deciding the best manga of the year when most titles have seen like 5-10 chapters, tops?
I've read like three mangas started in 2016 (Ore no Himekutsu o Haite Kure and Hagimete no Gal are the other two), recommend me some.

The only new manga that come to mind is Kaguya Want to be Confessed. Technically it started in late 2015 but it haven't even been a year serialized so fuck it I count it.

Someone post the bows vs helicopters webm for him.

I like Kimetsu no yaiba & Vector ball

there are some interesting stuff that started this year like Kanata no Astra & Densetsu no yuusha no konkatsu but unfortunately no scanlations yet

It's hard enough naming new manga in general.
Aside from what have been mentioned already, all I can think of are:
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Hatsukoi Zombie
Tejina-senpai

BHC

What is the name?

>not knowing Mizukami

how new are you?

Kaguya was last year.

>it haven't even been a year serialized
It's been more than a year by now, we just didn't get any translations until about six months after it started.

Criminale is ok waifu-bait manga. Fire Punch is garbage.

Fire punch is great fuck you.

From the top of my head:
Demi-chan
Hakumei to Mikocchi
Samon-kun

I'm not sure if some of those if from this year though.

That's not entirely true. It's definitely true that if there's no scanlations, hardly anyone knows of it though. The amount of series that were just serialized and translated is little to none, besides possibly JUMP-tier series or oneshots (which don't really count as serialized).

Considering I've no idea about the actual year of release, anything that comes up in my head would probably be off.

I really do like Hakumei.

Is this from 2016?
If yes definitely my favorite so far and I am not even the type that like dark and edgy shit.

>2015

Reminds me of Pygmallion. That's fairly new too

I think it's from the very end of 2015.

GOBLIN SLAYER

Allegedly, this is the only series that was serialized on my list from this year.

what was the name of this one then

A SHIT

Increasingly Stupid Animals Lust After Superior BHC

I've been looking for this. That bitch's personality and freckles gives me a thunder boner.

Fuck, apparently I missed a Nihei oneshot this year.

Quick check on the web
1. goblin bullying
2. ghost tits
3. haremshit
4. eromanga with the oneechan demon
5. firepunch man

Your thought Sup Forums? Do you agree?

t. Goblin

>t.
Fuck off Sup Forums.

That's a shit list.

>Goblin Bullying
Threading on the dangerous line of being a one-trick pony, will have to see how it continues.
>Ghost tits
Is this one from this year? Anyway, very much generic.
>Eromanga with the oneechan demon
I know it's a parody, but can't any manga/anime adapt Lovecraftian entities as they were originally were? Like fuck man, Seiman's Poohta's Forest is one of the most Lovecraft-like work when it doesn't refer it at all.
>Firepunch man
I bet 5 bucks the author just thought of a real neat first chapter or concept and have no idea of where to take it.

All in all, pretty fuckin' weak list there.

By Firepunch man do you mean the one by the Soul Eater person or a different one?

I'm pretty sure he meant Fire Punch.

The one by Soul Eater's author felt pretty weak too from what little I've seen, the whole firefighter theme doesn't really grab me.

It is what the western community like. I am sure the MAL list would corroborate with manga update list. Jump comics are ranked absurdly high irregardless of quality.

criminale
BHC
Tejina senpai

>posting shit
You got the wrong thread mate.

Get a load of this guy
What kind of schwarbage do you read, huh?

>I'm not sure if some of those if from this year though.
None of them are.

BHC? whats the complete name?

I thought so. Am not really up to date with the new upcoming series.

Big honking cocks

Maoujou de Oyasumi.

MUH

There's no koala in that page.

This is kind of a silly question, and especially silly for those of us who don't speak moon, but whatever. Out of my grand total of six options, I'll go with the Ningyo no Kuni oneshot.

>irregardless

you illiterate fuck
kys

>complaining about others' wording while using cancerous text abbreviations
Fuck off back to Facebook.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the author is just drawing this series to have an excuse to get paid to draw every single one of his fetishes.
Which is perfectly fine with me since we apparently have all the same ones.

I think that has to do with the amount of manga that comes out on a regular basis, lots of them being shitty. It's a lot easier to see upcoming animu releases and go "Oh? Maybe I should take a look at the source material"
also: I only read finished mango and animu. So I usually don't get to read much.

Just spent the last hour or so reading one shots from this year. Ningyo no Kuni was ok. The one by Toume Kei is a little pedestrian. Jaguar which was apparently award winning was interesting, but too predictable. Hanao was good though. Wasn't expecting the punch line.

Wrong, I imported pic related and it's fun. Forget the name atm.
Also Unbalance School Life has gotten picked up already and I love it.
I still need to import Onideka! though.

Yeah, Aranagi-sama was pretty disappointing. I don't think Toume's suited to really short stuff. That Asano one, A Gentle Man, was also pretty good. Jurassic Gakuen seemed like a nice concept but didn't turn out as funny as it sounded, honestly. Haven't read Hanao or Jaguar (Jaguar was apparently translated earlier today, so no surprise there).

>Jurassic Gakuen
Agreed. Have to hand it to Hox though for satisfying our Dino needs.

This. Also because no one has access to raws to find new manga.

For instance
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=131848

Started this year, by the Exposed Nipple etc etc blah blah artist and the guy who did MonsterxMonster. I really enjoyed both of those works so I assume this one is good.

I find tons of cool-sounding new manga on MU, but I don't speak nip so I can't access it.

Jaguar came out in '95.

This is a great read.

Well I'm guessing you just corrected it.

Obviously.

Big Hairy Chicks

>I like Kimetsu no yaiba & Vector ball
These were the first two that came to mind for me as well.

Kimetsu no Yaiba is generic shonen. The only thing that makes it kind of stand out is its art style. Its garbage.

no shit, the scanlator need to be either comissioned or notice himself unscanlated best seller. Then he must endure the process of getting the tankabon or collecting magazine chapter that no one ever upload

i wonder how many actually good hidden manga we pass all this decade

I am currently waiting for the second chapter of Nirvana to be scanned and hoping that it eventually gets picked up by somebody competent.

Does anyone know the title of the manga wherein the MC always seems to end up in trouble but gets bailed out by a qt megane detective whose memory resets everyday?

Yes.

This is from 2014 but since I haven't seen anyone talk about this, even on the OPTs, here it is.

The manga is pretty solid when it comes to action and historical shit, but it switches to a cooking comedy manga almost everytime they sit down, which is kind of a good thing really, to take a break from the action parts but they do it so often. (But they never make the same dish twice.)
My only real problem with this is that it looks too clean, as its drawn digitally. All in all, it's solid, and the current arc is a homage to Kurosawa movies, specifically Yojimbo and Sanjuro.

Also, gomen for using kysmanga as resource.

Uh, no. There were a bunch of people raving about it some months back. It and Dungeon Meshi were some of the notable series mentioned on a list formulated by a bunch of editors. It definitely does have recognition.

Really? Damn, I need to lurk more.

How fucking new are you? This has a very solid fanbase on Sup Forums. Lurk more or don't post.

While we're on the subject of manga, can anyone recommend a good shounen along the lines of Gash Bell, Jojo, or One Piece? Something that just gets cuhrazy without going into DBZ "blow up the universe when I sneeze" power levels.

>I haven't seen anyone talk about this
No way, it's one of the more famous manga here. If it doesn't show up in OPTs, it's because everyone else knows it already.

Here's one if you want obscure-ish, at least.

is really the way to go for that.

2 former Horikoshi's assistants (hero academia creator) started new manga this week

the samurai manga on Jump Giga (niggastream did the first chapter) & the running manga on wsm special with the mc that looks like blonde Deku

Sorry senpai, I lurk the catalog only 12 hours a day. I will take this as a valuable lesson so pls no bully.

Nope. I haven't read any of those.

Not that user, but how in the flying fuck is this along the lines of Gash Bell, Jojo, or One Piece?

>Nobody on Sup Forums
plebs maybe, but I usually pick up new weekly series ~15 chapters in, and monthlys within 4 months.

Really? A gif board is the place to go for manga recommendation? Huh. I honestly never would have guessed that. Thanks for the heads-up user. I'll check it out.

>One Piece in the same sentence as Gash Bell and Jojo

He probably meant /wsr/.

>/wsg/
Fuck, I meant . My fault.

You're right, it's much better.

I feel that I'd have to go through two things to really get into new series.

Learn Nippon letters and all those Kanji

Move to Japan to buy it cheap right from the news stands.

I really don't want to do the later.

Ah of course, of course. Silly me. I wanted to ask the experts but I guess it is sort of a request huh. Welp,thanks for being polite anons! I shall go find a thread relevant to my interests on /wsr/