designpocket.jp/dl_font_category/detail.aspx?bid=15427
youtube.com/watch?v=y2c6QB7-vqY
youtube.com/watch?v=asuydJPL-Xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>same OP image
weak

xth for lewd

おそいぞ

Anyone got that FH progress chart that was posted here a while ago? Some user said he's making bar charts with non spoiling milestones in them intended to let people gauge how far in they are and posted FH's as example

Haven't worked on my chart program since I posted about it.

Thanks
What does the choice in Beach mean? I've had more than one so far. Is it some "You'll know which one it is once you get there" sorta deal?

It is, yeah, the importance of it is obvious from the options.

What VN is this and how much reading experience would I need to play through it?

does everyone still use Chiitrans or is VNR the recommended tool?

ITHVNR, not VNR.

Now I only need to read them ;_;

Yui > Mayuri > Suzuno > Amane > Kururi > Sakurako

Amane > Yui > Suzuno > Mayuri > Kururi > Sakurako

This is probably completely different than the rankings I posted right after finishing it.

Mayuri > Yui > Amane > Sakurako > Suzuno > kururi

>What VN is this
i couldnt find it but i doubt you want 256 bit VNs

Found my original rankings:
Yui > Suzuno > Amane > Mayuri > Sakurako > Kururi

I really don't remember Yui being #1.

おはようおにいちゃん

やきとーもころしたべたい

いっしょにたべよ

>I really don't remember Yui being #1.
Well I think past you who had just finished reading the VN knows who is best girl a lot better than current you does.

Now that time has passed, I remember Amane so much better than anyone else. Probably because she was my first.

>やきとーもころした

????

いいアイデア

stop misspelling it its fucking とうもろこし

Right is right
Left is wrong
Left is used in display fonts because it contains less visual noise
If you handwrite like the left and you're not doing calligraphy or art you're doing it wrong

Ty, I am one of the obsessive kanji handwriters.

Buy a JIS-2004 (important!) 教科書体 font like designpocket.jp/dl_font_category/detail.aspx?bid=15427 for handwriting reference if you're serious about being an obsessive handwriter

And if you really do buy a 教科書体 font please share it with us I can't find one anywhere not even illegally

The other thread 404'd before I could reply

Of course they are. In every possible way.
Babies don't have to work, study, clean the house or anything like that. That's why they can put all their time and effort into learning a language and that's why they do it well. Plus, like I said, they don't waste their time overthinking - or thinking, at all - about how they should do it or if they're doing it right; they just do it.

any reason why specifically?
I downloaded it and it seems more suited to reading VNs with a machine translation rather than letting me instantly check definitions of words I don't know

I also just tried VNR and was pretty disappointed, it's slow and the UI is trash

>100 cards done today after my anki file corrupted and I started from 0
Fun.

>comprehensible input
>motivation
>self-confidence
>anxiety

>VNs
>read things you like
>feel free to ask questions
>relax

I know this is barely the tip of the iceberg but this really helped to shed some light on the subject for me. Thanks linguistics user.

>くるりちゃんは最悪の女の子
マジに自殺の方がいいんだろう

???
why don't you have a backup?

Just use rikai for translations

Built-in parsers are bad. Parsers make mistakes constantly because grammar is not trivially parsable, and even when the parser is not making mistakes, you're still harming your ability to acquire new structures of japanese because parsers break holes in your brain's preexisting systems for recognize things when you read writing. Those mental systems have to be trained by recognizing things yourself and parsers are basically only useful to people who literally don't know anything about the language at all, like they've studied for less than a week. If you've studied for less than a week, you shouldn't be trying to read VNs.

If you use a texthooker you need to set up a mouseover dictionary program with it. Mouseover dictionaries are better than parsers because parsers make mistakes The most commonly recommended way to do it is to have a clipboard grabbing addon with rikaisama on firefox, even if you don't use firefox, because rikaisama is just that good. There is a step-by-step guide to setting that up. But you don't have to do this if you can find an alternative mouseover dictionary that you like.

ITHVNR uses a more up-to-date ITH core than Chiitrans. It's capable of hooking more games with fewer problems.

You're welcome.

Who are you quoting?

He's quoting the guy in the picture and he's quoting us, silly.

He said linguistics user so I thought there was some interesting post on the matter recently that I missed

>for recognize
for recognizing*

Good night.

What do you do when there are words you can't get into your head?
I got like 30 words I can't get memorized for the life of me, I get them right once and forget them until they show up again.

I guess I'll try to put them in a extra deck for special studying or something.

nah someone just told him to look up krashen and watch youtube videos of him talking about language learning

You suspend them and do them outside of anki. Your brain is refusing to learn them because you burned them out so hard. You basically can't recognize them inside of SRS now. You need to make up for that burn-out with brute force exposure instead of more brute force recognition that won't work.

eh

>mine words while reading
>60% of mined words almost never shows up again

>implying im not too retarded to save gifs properly

それは言い過ぎだよ
俺はくるりちゃん好きだけど、嫌いになる理由はあるだろう
彼女は主人公のとが大嫌いだって言ったじゃないか
マジ悲しかった

Unfortunately I don't get to decide what the dick wants to read. Oh well, thanks for the effort anyway!

Handwritten practice.
Your brain will be trained to fuck them up in Anki.

Overcomplicating the issue.
People should read whatever interests them.

Good thing this chart is for people that don't know what they're interested in.

They can't learn Japanese.

Imagine a Japanese person coming up to you, you slip a word or two and they ask you if you actually speak Japanese.

In English you've got the "just a few words", but I feel like that's a cultural thing.
What's the Japanese equivalent?

Of course not. Nobody can truly learn japanese.

anata chotto kawaii yo
isshou ni fakku shimashou ne

ただ少しだけど出来よう or something

don't quote me on that that's just what I would say as a fellow shitter that can only speak a few words of japanese

いえ、にほんごがしゃべりません

because mine is truly shit.
が because it's a question or を because しゃべる is an action?

I don't quite get what he's saying.

ぐろーりーほーるってなに?

>また、Twitterの@iPokemonGOアカウントはシアトルのClub Zにポケストップを発見しました。このクラブはオールナイトで楽しめて、中が鏡に覆われた迷路状になっているグローリーホール(Glory Holeで検索しないように)で有名だそうです。ポケストップとは色々なアイテムを入手できるスポットですが、この店に入るとどんなアイテムが手に入るのか…。

I'm being honest here.

Anonymous penis-sucking hole.

Really.

wew lad

I was thinking of ただ少しだけど as well, but even that seems too much for someone who can't even structure a proper sentence yet.
Kind of like how "just a few words" seems more humble than "a little bit".

Well the "no, not at all" approach is one way, but that's just plain not true if you're saying it in said language.
This is why I thought it was a difficult case.

hmm but i thought an elephant was [here, there]
いた ->いる
はず
probably wrong tho i read that awhile ago

Is being pure part of imouto's RP or is it true ignorance?

Who really is imouto?

>ぐろーりーほーる
>not グローリーホール

そう as in elephant. I fucked up with Katakana. I thought it was "Zoo". Thanks!

fucked me up to since i rarely see ぞ in kata either

「いや、実に話すのはまだできません」?
「少々言葉を知るけどよく話せません」?

Do you think it makes sense to do a Kanji deck on top of the vocab deck?

I think it could help understanding the meaning of words built using them or not?

Also even if I don't know a word when reading something, I could look it up pretty easy if I know how to write the kanji.

Thank you, I suspended them but I don't know how to get them in my custom study session now.
Can you tell me how to add them?

Sorry for being stupid, I just can't into anki.

Click on your deck
Click browse which is on the top center next to "decks" and "add"
In the window that pops up, to the left are a bunch of different categories
Suspended cards should show up under the suspended category

Now, you take those words and do study outside of anki. Stop looking at their flashcards.
Write them out, find phrases that use it, clarify doubts with /djt/ or just brute force memorise it.

Cards get suspended because Anki clearly isn't helping you so you have to help yourself.

When it's a compound I look up different words that use the same kanji so I get a better feeling for their nuance

Is there any reason why「ぞう」is in katakana instead of hiragana here?

That's how it works with animal names

You will see it written as 象 in harder material, for example a book marketed at seinen

ぞうはひらがなだよ

きりんとかくまもね

でも、ライオンはカタカナだよ

うしろに「さん」をつけられるどうぶつは、ひらがなじゃないんじゃないかなあとおもうよ

>「ゾウ」

Middle aged Korean man

トイレの仕切りで、ペニスを挿入するための穴だよ

So should I expect to see「イヌ」and「ネコ」in material of this level too?

Yeah sorry I should've typed「ゾウ」like did.

I misread your post

If memory serves me well, the animal names would be in hiragana as imouto 氏 points out in this post . The words for dog and cat can be in either hiragana or katakana, but the corresponding kanji is really easy so that'll be used most of the time, in contrast to something like 麒麟.

The hiragana form is used more commonly over katakana, but in this case, Koiwai's speech bubble is probably using the katakana form because he's putting emphasis on the word/pronouncing it in some weird way. As for which of these it is, I'm afraid I don't remember because it's been almost a year since I read that chapter.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you both. Hopefully I'll still remember this by the time I get to the chapter.

Also, could you tell me if I am correct in understanding that when「さん」is added after a name, imouto thinks that the katakana form would be used instead of the hiragana form? I feel as though there's a typo in the last line, but then again my nip is とても下手.

Lol I'm not too sure what imouto is saying either. From my experience though both hiragana and katakana can be used with さん. I can't tell you whether there's any nuance to it or not, because that's a production problem and I do not bother with (read: am terrible at) production.

>imouto thinks that the katakana form would be used instead of the hiragana form?
No he means that 猫さん is more common than ねこさん

コレを消せ

Is Mandarin much harder than Japanese?

is this goddamn scene going to air anytime soon?

Mandarin is easier than Japanese.

yes because all the good content ie kung fu hustle is in cantonese

There are mandarin dubs for all good hk movies

that's just as bad as listening to Vietnamese-dubbed K-dramas I believe

french dubbed bollywood?

They aren't nearly that bad

And even if you dont know cantonese if you learn to read you can follow along with the subs

youtube.com/watch?v=y2c6QB7-vqY

youtube.com/watch?v=asuydJPL-Xo

maybe this is a better example

やっべー

the first one from this video is surprisingly good

>the daughter of my younger sister
>my cousin
nips pls

>私の母の妹の、娘、
>The daughter of my younger sister, my cousin

Sugoi translation.

the translation is wrong