Rewatching the first anime I ever watched years later after learning Japanese

>rewatching the first anime I ever watched years later after learning Japanese
Subplebs will never know this feel.

Cool dude!!!!!

Don't mean to blog, just shilling the virtues of learning Japanese tomodachi.

>learn japanese
>finally understand the lyrics to all the dumb weebsongs I listen to
>realise it's fucking awful

日本語を一緒に飲みましょうぜ!

I'm not thirsty faggot.

Implying most of us ESLs don't know this feel when we watch American anime and dubs.

>American anime

>after learning Japanese

how? I thought you can't learn Japanese.

キルヨセルフ、マイマン。

>not being Japanese
Pleb

Is Japanese worth learning for anything besides weeaboo activities? If I learn it, can I put that on my resume or will nobody give a shit? It seems like everybody worth speaking to anywhere in Asia speaks English already

>you can't learn japanese
>but by learning a single word in japanese, you have officially learned japanese, even if it's a microscopic amount of it, thus proving meme girl wrong.

you never said I had to learn all of it :^)

>飲みましょうぜ!

wtf

Any "big" language is worth putting on a resume dude.
French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, you name it.
Obscure shit will get you nowhere but these will.
Bonus side for japanese is that you can weeb more.

I wish I could know this feel. I'm afraid of taking a Japanese class after reading the horror stores on past Sup Forums many years ago. I really don't have the tolerance to deal with people like that.

>horror stores on past Sup Forums
How long ago are we talking ? It doesn't ring a bell.

Btw, I'm taking japanese class (it's actually my major) and even if there's weebs and chuuni, most people are normal and anyway I'm here to study so I don't give a single fuck.

Don't take a class, just learn by yourself. There's plenty of resources online.

Fuck kanji

>Swedish
You mean Arabic.

My list wasn't an exhaustive one, yeah you can include Arabic too.

Code Geass era. I really need to stop coming here.

Oh, I didn't even have internet back then.
Anyway, you shouldn't be afraid by it if you want to learn nip. Unless those stories were really scary, but even if they were, it's probably not how it is most of the time.

>watched Nichijou as my first anime in 2011
>it was funny
>rewatched it in 2016 after learning all the japanese culture memes
>it's super funny now
Still don't know japanese though

I'm old and can't tolerate nerdy nerdy ecks dee college aged kids. My own prejudiced autism would make it hard for me to get anything out of the class.

>rewatching the first anime I ever watched 15 years later without the terrible dub massacre

Late 90's kids will never know this feel.

If you're white employers will just think you're a weeb.

ignorance = bliss

are you actually, unironically using the "90s kids" meme?
Get the FUCK you out goddam normie reee

A cute girl feels the urge to do cute things with a cute girl.

Unable to do cute things, she is gifted with by cute ex machina with the cute girl's thing. Never minding the strange thing, she immediately does cute things, and is overjoyed to find out that cute girl wants to do cute things as well.

But, the next day, when she recounts the previous day's cute things done with the cute girl, she only looks at her with a uncute expression. After some investigation, she finds out that the cute girl she did cute things with is not the same cute girl she originally wanted to do cute things with. In fact, she doesn't want to do cute things in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who wants to do cute things with the MC's own alternate universe cute self, who too is blissfully unaware of her desire to do cute things.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their cutest, most private things in order to equip the other with cute things they need to do cute things with their other cute selves. While the two do cute things with their alternate universe cute girls, NOTHING ensues as they begin to feel desire to do cute things with each other instead and question the NATURE of MOE.

>learn japanese
>not much changes

> I'm afraid of taking a Japanese class after reading the horror stores
Most weebs drop after the first year because they find it too difficult and don't have the will to study.
Just give it a year until all the shonenfags and fujoshi leave the class.

>learn english
>i can now browse Sup Forums
>stuck here since 6 years
What have I done

This so much, we were something around 400 in first year, we're 80 in second year in my uni, it's bliss.
third years are 50

I'm on third year and there are just 15 of us and we used to be 40 on the first year.
Classes are pretty comfy to be honest.

Wow, your uni must be small, I envy you, I love smaller classes.

>learn Japanese
>people irl now call me smart because they think it's a hard language

>took Jap in HS
>watched the non-Chinese weebs drop out one by one until I was the only one left by the grad class

It's as "hard" as a language can be
Most people are too lazy to study on their own so they take classes and give up when they encounter their first kanji

>people think that learning a language is harder than math or physics
I'll never understand this

they want immediate results so they drop out once they realize they can't speak fluently after learning how to comment about the weather in lesson 1

>cumming inside a Woman
You will never know this feeling

>Get the FUCK you out goddam normie reee
Fuck off.

Sex is for perverts

>learning a soon to be defunct language
>has no business value since most JP dealings are with US, in English
>has no cultural value to your home country unless you consider doing free TL for Sup Forums a cultural value
>has no practical value since many Japanese speak English
Should've just got an art degree senpai desu

>learning a language means you got a degree and wasted years of school on it

knowing Jap as an American/Australian is guaranteed a teaching job in Japan. you can get a job without even knowing any Jap so it's still a rather worthless language outside of weeb activities, and even then not knowing Jap is much more fun as the language itself just isn't enjoyable unless you actually grew up in their culture. english translations make it relateable, and watching anime you yourself would even try to relate it to your own culture because the scene simply isn't funny/emotional etc in sheer Jap.

>most JP dealings are with US, in English
>since many Japanese speak English

???????

>a teaching job in Japan
This is less of a benefit than being able to understand anime.

keep your Sup Forums circlejerk meme on Sup Forums

>spend 7 years learning a language so that my hobby is slightly more enjoyable.

yeah nah fuck that.

>implying learning a language isn't enjoyable by itself

>wasted year in school on Japanese
It would be. Good eye, friendo.

>business
>practical
You should learn the difference before you graduate highschool or you'll be working at a gas station for the rest of your life, underaged.

>t-that isn't the truth!!
>c-crossboarder!!!!
House of cards, tumbling down, etc.

Welcome home, brother.

What are you even talking about? Literally nobody in Japan speaks English.

Did you comprehend a single one of these posts, you fucking illiterate?

>Literally nobody in Japan speaks English

The first anime i ever watched was Heidi when i was about 3 years old and i have no intention of rewatching it in japanese because jap voices don't fit the setting at all.

>Girl of the Alps
>speaking japanese

you can pirate english books now!

>what is EIKEN
Do a little research before shitposting, Sup Forums.

>personal attack after rebuttal
I'd give up too if I got BTFO that hard.

Only a valid point if you've watched the german dub

Do you watch shit like 300 in ancient Greek then ?
Did you watch Rome in Latin ?
What happens when your fave anime has events in not japan ?
What about that foreign transfert student whom is perfectly fluent with no accent ?

Language doesn't ruin a setting user.

Also Heidi wouldn't speak English either so unless you're a not English native speaker in disguise, you point doesn't stand.

>Here since six years
That'd be 'for six years.' You use since for specific dates, not spans of time.

Whatever it is it doesn't seem to work as I've just come back from Japan and even the hotel staff couldn't handle the simplest requests in English.
Knowing even a little bit of Jap really helps.

I did actually. It was super popular here. The german theme song even was in the charts at some points.

Stuff like that would never happen today. Though Heidi was not marketed like an anime at all. Most people thought it was actually made in germany.

Yeah, I realized that but I already have hit the post button, thanks anyway for the tip, it often confuses me.

Just go to Japan you retard

Well, if you aren't in Tokyo, nobody speaks english.
I'll assume you weren't in Tokyo, but that shit also happens there so...

I live in Seattle and there are a lot of places looking for people who can speak English and Japanese for cross culture stuff.

I was staying at the Hilton Tokyo

There are so many people and ideas you gain access to by learning a language.

that's true you weeb

I'm taking a class next quarter. I'm really nervous. Already talked to some guys in a non-anime related class who made me realize what an anime snob I am (they brought up the topic, I wouldn't do that to strangers). I don't want to think mean things about people for such petty things but I can't help it.

You sound like a bad person, I hope it's better than how it sounds.
Anyway, I wish you success, random user from some online image board.

>people think japanese is hard because of the Kanji

Those are the stupid people right there. Kanji are annoying to learn but also the easiest part. The hardest part, at least for me, are the particles. Especially に、は、が.

"hard" as in strenuous/exhausting. Literally nobody thinks that learning a language is a matter of intelligence.

Yup, you can easily shitpost on 2ch with Japanese knowledge and a proxy.

Nah I use a parser for Kanji when playing my Nukige so no I don't particularly feel the need to waste years for a hobby i am able to do indulge right now.

How many gaijin shitposters are there on 2ch and 2chan respectively?

Not so many I think.

You can visist Japan without kowing NIP just fine.

Personally im learning japanese so i can read raw manga, anime etc, and a language is always good on your CV, so why not?

> learn Japanese
> can understand 70% of anime
> watch Daoko : Girl in living room with Japanese exchange student
> I have no idea what the lyrics are
> a little vexxed
> turn to exchange student
> "Do you know what she is singing?"
> shrugs his shoulders
> "No idea. It's too fast."

How am I supposed to listen to Japanese lyrics when native Japanese don't even understand them.

It's the same for any language, songs often use weird pronounciation or effects which make it hard to understand.

If you wanna be on the level of a native speaker, you will need about 5-7 years. I learnt many meme languages for 3 years back in the day and I can't keep up a conversation if it gets advanced.

Talking about a language in terms of years is absurd. You can be functional within a year, and hit fluency within 2-3.

But why do those numbers matter to anyone? If you're planning on learning weeb, you should be planning on using it on some level every day for the rest of your life.

I can't understand people who learn pointless shit just for the sake of it, and then forget everything over the next decade because nobody uses French.

>learning Japanese to consume trashy Japanese media

Spend your time learning an actually useful skill

Pleb, if you really want to troll Japanese learners, you have to tell them that they should have learned a useful language, like Spanish.

You can learn more than one thing at a time, you know.

It's not absurd. If you were in your teens or a kid, then you could learn a language in 3 years. As an adult, you have to add a couple of years. I am telling you this from experience, knowing 5 languages.

But yes, if you are in an environment where everyone is speaking the language you are learning, you will learn so much more.