Shaft

>Shaft
>youtu.be/9fahIu3T7xw

Nails the theme of the main series perfectly. Being close to the artstyle and character designs of the original work.

Should buy the manga because the PV makes it super interesting/10

>KyoAni
>youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q

Chaotic scene composition. In stark contrast to the narrative style of the original work which is slow and about inner monologues.

forced animations/10

Shaft wins again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IgMQ1rVRp68
kyotoanimation.co.jp/kyoani_award/5th/
pastebin.com/1bXqCLPt
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12120
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13556
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16657
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13817
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Shaft
>rehashing one of its best non-original animes with the same VAs and art style.

>Kyoani
>completely original anime written for the studio 10/10 animation, quite possibly has the potential to be the best kyoani show yet

How does SHAFT manage to always get the same person to voice their male lead?

It's so annoying.

>animes

It was blackmail. The truth's out now anyway though.

tfw best Nisio adaptation is live action

youtube.com/watch?v=IgMQ1rVRp68

Monogatari anime only fans just not realize how bad anime adaptation of Nishio works is. All should be done as live action or least given to proper studio to be adapted in format that doesnt slaugther his works (thus Katanagatari > Monogatari adaptation).

When will Shaft stop milking ohsoquirky Nisio and Kumeta stuff?

When will Kyoani stop wasting their animation talent on bland forgettable scripts?

>forced animation
My favorite meme.

>implying SHAFT is actually good
The only thing they know how to do is Monogatari, and Monogatari is already trash.

>Violet Evergarden
>bland forgettable script
Its the only script that actual won their award, made judges cry and made them kept it under wraps until they were sure they could make an anime doing it justice

Who are the judges anyway? The people on the board of directors?

Doesnt say

kyotoanimation.co.jp/kyoani_award/5th/

>「昨日の恋は今日の夢」
Poor guy, Robot Heart Update was published instead of his work.

We don't need this thread.

Shaft is the most relevant studio.

Nice try.

But the first arc was basically a big Bakemonogatari homage.

One has 50k views and the other has 800k. KyoAni wins again.

KnK and Phantom World also looked really interesting at the beginning and look what we got

>Bakemonogatari homage.
The whole series is Nishio hommage of himself. The plot turns around about his selfinsert as a writer there and references his other works.

The point of the series was that Nishio wanted to write a proper good novel, dedicated to his first love (Okitegami Kyouko) instead of churning -gatari series.

Those weren't winners. Also, KnK was fine and nobody ever though Phantom World looked interesting.

No. You must be retarded to believe it.

KnK was shit novel, which everyone knew - though KyoAni made first trailer look great. They made mistake of making anime adaptation less dark than novel - it still woudnt be good, but better that way. They partly fixed it in oav and movie.

Phantom World no one believed actually will get an anime, since it was generic harem and novel wasnt popular nor updated until just recently when with anime announcement author churned 2 vollumes at once after years break.

Chu2 was more popular and successful than both of them, KnK and PW exist merely because KyoAni had no other material in their publishing lable.

Violet Evergarden on other hand - is the only one that they actually deemed good, and was held under wraps until just recently when anime finally got announced and LN published at same time.

Why is her hair white? It looks so weird in live action.

>japanese girl wearing a wig to look like the anime-style character
Fucking retarded. All of the shots would've looked bad enough without the dumb wig, but that's just offensive.

I hope they get something good next year. The contest this year literally had nothing.
Though I wonder why they haven't adapted Coppelia or that Lighthouse one instead.

Are you dumb?

What's on Shaft's agenda exactly? I know they have March Comes in like a Lion, but what else?

Why does everyone keep sucking this Violet Evergarden shows dick?

Is it just kyoanifags or what? All I ever hear about it is that it's gonna be great. Is the source material good or something?

Fate/Chuuni: Extra waifubaiting. And Edgygoto.

You realize you expose yourself as a dumn retard that didnt read/watch it? Okitegami Kyouko is Nisho`s novel about himself.

Story on this?

nothing interesting

He is.

Otherwise he would know that the first arc of the tv series took many visuals from Bakemonogatari.

The scene with the street crossing and all the white cars screamed Monogatari like nothing else.

More like
>Shaft
>cute girl

>KyoAni
>oldhag

Yeah, Shaft wins.

>When will Shaft stop milking ohsoquirky Nisio and Urobuchi stuff?
Fix'd.

So whats the plot for the Shaft one and the Kyoani one?
Whats the name for the Shaft one?

>the Kyoani one?
Spoilers ahoy, click at your own risk
pastebin.com/1bXqCLPt

>The LN is in a mostly episodic format where Violet travels around Europe as she is rented to various customers. The chapters are taken from the perspective of the customer since Violet's job is simply to be a beautiful typewriter.
SOunds neat

>Shaft
>nailing the character designs everytime

>KyoAni
>putting the same in-house style over everything
>but but the eyes are drawn a little bit differently!

>What is Nichijou
>What is Lucky Star
>What is FMP

VE hype is basically down to the following.
- Thoughtful and bleak storylines rather than a hyperactive clusterfuck (the anime is guaranteed to be patrician-bait), still has action scenes ripe for animation though
- Isn't about high schoolers' dumb teenage drama, unlike their last several shows
- Actually won their award, unlike all the other shit in-house novels they have adapted, & positive impressions from people who've read it

It will probably flop like fuck, but at least they will be a respectable studio again.

I prefer Shaft to KyoAni but I have to admit they absolutely nailed Nichijou
Both the art style and the animation were spot-on

>SHAFT
Has to get whipped by publishers until they get it right
>KinoAni
It's open for creativity

>Shaft
Aniplex lapdog #3

>KyoAni
Independent strong womyn

GodAni 1
Atheists 0

It's literally the manga. As expected of the Nichijou designer.

Why is it always Shaft and KyoAni that get shitposted about?

So KyoAni gave up on drawing characters consistency at medium range?

Because they're the most popular studios and popularity attracts cancer.

>Kyoani's Rukia

>Actually won their award, unlike all the other shit in-house novels they have adapted

Why did they adapt shit in-house novels when they knew they were shit?

This is standard for everyone. Can't really make them detailed at that 'range' since it can cause artifacts on a tv screen.

Advertise their label.

a) Money and b) lack of anything better

just believe in anonymous

It used to be Gainax vs KyoAni, but Gainax is dead.

KyoAni is just that good, that some random studio needs to be picked up as its rival for sake of arguments.

The female characters in Silent Voice are pretty KyoAni. While the male characters designs are closer to the ones in the manga.

Aggressive LOD settings.

they go to far though, if they do t think a project offers them enough artistic creativity they won't take it, even if there fans beg them for another season of FMP or Haruhi, they have zero devotion to their fans

Advertise themselves as makers of boring shit? I don't even think that stuff was particularly profitable.

>lack of anything better
Couldn't they buy rights to some obscure but good book/mango? Or it's strictly hurr in-house only?

OP isn't even a real Shaftfag, he slanders the word of Shinbo for cheap thrills

>Couldn't they buy rights to some obscure but good book/mango?
That's what they did with Eupho, no?

>Couldn't they buy rights to some obscure but good book/mango? Or it's strictly hurr in-house only?
They did - Hibike Euphonium

And making anime for inhouse LN is still profitable. They also promote the LNs, so say with PW anime, 2 more LN vollumes went on sale. Plus merchndize, osts etc.

>Advertise themselves as makers of boring shit? I don't even think that stuff was particularly profitable.
Free and Chunibyo sold well
>Couldn't they buy rights to some obscure but good book/mango?
Literally what they did with Hibike and Koe no Katachi.

even if it didn't though they still would have adapted it, that's his point

>Koe no Katachi.
>obscure
KnK is very popular, won awards and has mainstream appeal. They also didnt "buy" rights to it, as they did with Hibike, where they also get majority of profits, but just adapt it - Kodansha pys for it.

nothing about KnK was fine

If this is even half as good as Zetsubou Sensei, then it's worth it.

Also, the kid's delicious brown homeroom teacher is fappable as all hell get out.

maybe you were trying to make it sound bad but this just makes me want it more

>They also didnt "buy" rights to it
Are you sure? They're leading the production committee and put the trailers on their youtube channel.

Kyoani seems to own the official site as well as the twitter for the koe no katachi movie, and no other logos apear in the site aside from kyoanis.

>What are 10 year old shows

There is a difference between drawing characters less detailed and not even getting the headform right.

Reminder that shaft couldn't turn a greater profit than KyoAni , even with two bakeshit seasons in the same year.

Nichijou is 5 years old

Kyoani doing well

Shaft always had a strong core fanbase, it was only after Monogatari that they went from hipsters to most overrated studio fanboys

it's also the last time you're getting character designs like that from kyoani ever again

What I'm supposed to see here?

Aniplex and bandai strong

Are they actually making a Kakushigoto anime or is that just a commercial for the manga?

This, there will never be a S2.

Right now the manga is just one volume long.

I expect that the second volume will come with a OVA.

I like both

are you trying to say Shaft didn't get anything from Monogatari? Because that's ridiculous.

>that ass
dear lord have mercy

Most people does.

I almost feel bad for SHAFTslaves.

It is, but financial reports dont lie. They are and will always be aniplex slaves

You forgot a ">"

>kyoani is as independent as shaft guys

So can you even read that report?

It's Shaft's financial report showing their revenue is much lower than you would expect considering how many BDs their shows sell. There's a similar one for Kyoani that shows they make much more despite having worse selling shows.

The aniplex slavery meme is real.

Go to ANN and check the list of subcontractors and freeancers SHAFT hired for Monogatari/Madoka.

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12120
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13556

Now check KyoAni
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16657
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13817

And now try co think why KyoAni makes more money than SHAFT despite less sales.

Hibike is way smaller than I expected

>2007
>Gainax vs KyoAni era
>Gainax dead and farming tomatoes somewhere in the void

>2009
>Shaft vs KyoAni era
>Shaft becomes a one trick pony, anything that isnt Bakeshit or Madola flops, still Aniplex slaves to this day

>2011
>PA Works vs KyoAni era
>After a strong start they are pretty much irrelevant nowadays

>2013
>Trigger vs KyoAni era
>Every show since KlK has been a major flop. Not long ago Okada ruined the last grain of credibility

>2015
>WIT vs KyoAni era
>Didn't last long because WIT ran out of budget mid season

When will other studios learn to not mess with KyoAni?

So you can't read that report.

Good.

Yes I can. What's your problem?

are you retarded?

Don't forget Bones vs KyoAni in early 2015

Then it comes out Bones is actually losing money every year