Kotonoba Drive

So how mong until they make an anime adaption of this, I'd love to see it as a 5 minute short for each chapter, it would work perfectly for it.

> I'd love to see it as a 5 minute short for each chapter, it would work perfectly for it.
That would be nice.

That would be an excellent short

Same artist/mangaka as YKK?

That comfy art style is recognizable anywhere

Yeah. Though the art is much more simplistic in this which is a shame I think.

Suu-chan is also the protagonist of Position and Kumabachi no Koto.
Ashinano Hitoshi must really like her.

So on another point are we at all any closer to getting an officially licensed release of YKK in the west?

If I ever win the lottery, I'd license it myself and release it.

>implying simple is bad
Scum.

I don't think it's bad, I just like his more detailed backgrounds more.

>So on another point are we at all any closer to getting an officially licensed release of YKK in the west?

Start begging Kodansha USA

And don't expect Vertical since one of head honchos hates the series

>hates the series

How is that even possible at all, he must have the worse taste in the world.

Here.
>in the west?
Huh? What do you mean by ''west''?
If it gets hypothetically licensed where I live it doesn't mean that it will be licensed wherever you live.

And here.

I mean a release in either the UK or US by west.

How many chapters are out in japan?

You could have just said English release.

>anime adaptation of 5 minutes for Ashinano

I don't know about this, user. The YKK OVAs were 25 minutes each and they felt perfectly spaced, like the manga.

Also, the shorter it is the smaller the sountrack will be, and considering YKK's was absolutely god tier I would like it to be as big as possible.

new chapters when

It could work, YKK was a different style of Manga to Kotonoba Drive, it was building up a big picture of the world through the chapters, but the chapters back to back flowed into each other. KD on the other hand, it's just Suu's run in's with the supernatural, and each is clearly different, she does meet the same people again, but the chapters aren't world building, they're really just short unconnected snippets themselves that would work well as a collection of 5 minute anime even more so considering Suu's special moments are only suppose to last 5 minutes themselves.

That sound like a great idea, however I would be a little worried about how would they translate the new artstyle to animation, like that one user said YKK was a more detailed manga, but KD's simplistic artstyle could be lost in transition. Actually, that makes me wonder if the animation, if done right, would be cheaper.

I think Shaft could probably do a good job, Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb is a low detail but stylized and it looks great. Something similar to that would look great for this, just with more deep vibrant colours. Also if it were a short the budget would be much better and you'd be assured much higher quality animation.

Why no updates

Roselia Scanlation is probably busy ot something.
They haven't released anything in the past month.

I would understand if it was hard to translate or clean but it's not

Yeah, and that's why I think they're busy with something in real life.

"""busy""" for 124 days, I hope someone who actually cares picks it up

6 chapters are already translated, they're short of typesetters

HOLY SHIT ashihano has a new series

Yes, it's been out for sometime now.