Manga masterpieces

Post manga masterpieces

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/itt manga masterpieces/type/op/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vagabond

Oyasumi Punpun

No idea why people love this manga so much. Read it and felt like it had no point. The fact that the ending climax is him going to the mountain with a bunch of literally whos and then they die because they're dumb didn't help.

Why is it okay to rec manga but not anime?

This was very good but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece desu.

overrated/20

I have no idea why this is one of the best things I have ever read. The feeling I felt when finishing this is indescribable. It was a feeling of loneliness, disgust and numbness. The spreads are amazing and the mc's suffering and descent into madness for the mountain was phenomenally done. It's definitely not an amazing story but it's a perfect example of using the medium to convey an emotion.

I liked the symbolism

What Inoue is going to do after Vagabond? Another B-Ball manga?

My dream would be Inoue doing a Dark Fantasy manga with his realistic art but probably will never happen.

>Another B-Ball manga?
He's already working on REAL.

This is never not funny

My sides, kek

What are some great mangas I could download and take with me while I'm on vacation?

Preferably something that fits being in a small town in the country with no internet.

>mangas
Just browse Reddit on your phone, I'm sure you'll love it

Even when I have read the tank, this page still makes me smile.

Was great until the explosion. You know the one.

Then get a fucking clue already, retard.

Homunculus is the greatest I've read.

ITT: shit taste.

I save only Kokou, Lone Wolf and maybe Vagabond.

Next time just make a regular manga thread not retarded threads like this that attract scum.

Shinjuku Swan

Yamikin Ushijima is much better, Shinjuku Swan is fucking corny.

I've just started this. I noticed it while reading Stop!! Hibari-kun! done by the same group.

homunculus i feel had a great plot and interesting characters but left most of it up to shock value
ending blew ass

Don't concern yourself with such petty things as "plot", the characters and their pain are very real.

Planetes

Isn't this done by the same guy who did Parasyte?
How does it compare?

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/itt manga masterpieces/type/op/
I thought you were dead, but you apparently aren't. Please correct this.

They're both pretty bad, honestly. Ushijima in particular is disappointing, because Manabe's earlier manga feels like he has potential and then he just squanders it all by bogging himself down in that garbage for ten+ years.

Solid read.

He much more into down to earth stories rather than supernatural or fantasy stories, anything he decides to make will be good though.

Well I like Shinjuku Swan, and if Ushijima is better than it then that can only make me happy to be honest, hopefully it will live up to that when I read it.

That page is so damn cool, I can just imagine him, in one of the loneliest places in the world, cold as shit, middle of the night, seeing absolutely nothing and screaming his lungs out to himself in order to push through.

i wanted to post this. only manga that ever made me cry. man did i cry.

detroit metal city is the single funniest manga in existence

If I knew anything about Buddhism I'd say this manga is shit, but since I'm not I can only say that I love it.

holy shit someone else is reading this masterpiece. I wonder if I would like this manga so much if I wasn't a squid

I like the fact that it all started out like a pretty normal sports manga, explaining all the climbing lingo, the gear and setting up "The gang";
And then just throw all that to the wayside and become more psychological, foreboding and about intense social issues, with climbing as a potent catalyst/melting-pot.

This was so good

I'm no squid but I love it, I love delinquent shit though.

What's that, Fuyumi Souryou?

I don't think it was planned out like that though, it was meant to be some generic sport's manga pretty much but luckily for us internal conflict gave us a much better manga.

The thing was that the original writer left and the artist took over, since then the manga went into a whole different direction. And I love the fact that it did.

no.

just let him die already: the manga

so i assume you guys dig innocent too

So what is it?

>English speakers will probably never experience Zipang in its entirety
kek

Yeah, the combination is great. The main character is great, like how in the newest translated chapter he is angry at the tall guy for being basically him from the first chapter.

I'm just very glad it is still getting translated.

So he was literally autistic right?

I was just about to bring it up. I read through the translations of Rouge two days ago. Fucking great stuff.

that was the shit when i read it at age 15 in 2001 or so

Akatsuki!! Otokojuku - Seinen yo, Taishi o Idake

loved this

it's the fucking best

pretty much, I think. He was obsessed with climbing, being alone. Although he regretted it in the end. I wonder what made him change, then, all of a sudden. He saw people mingling, but other people were always like that. Why then? I still don't understand it fully.

He became less of a weirdo as the manga went on so it probably wasn't autism. Probably just a lot of awkwardness and trauma.

catharsis, jugendroman, transcendance. pick your poison.

Everyday until you read it

As autistic as your average Sup Forums user, basically close to wizardly, the only difference is that he was a climbing otaku and luckily handsome

It's still pretty great, at least the early parts.

reading endo's fairly extensive postscripts, it was interesting to see him grow along with the story.

Pretty much all the delinquentfags are reading it which means I never get to talk about it because I'm not a delinquentfag and don't go to their threads much.

Ye, take my word for it, it's good. Dark without being swallowed in it too

The thing is that he didn't just love being alone, it was a thing by choice, dude suffered from some heavy social anxiety, one thing is to be an introvert and enjoying alone time, the other is to be anxious about being social, and he was both things, so as much as he enjoyed climbing mountain and being alone, he still desired to be social, having friends and interacting with others like a normal person, he just wasn't able to until he took a leap of faith and got a girl, from then on he started improving.

I thought nobody was reading it because there is literally no discussion anywhere. I'll lurk more delinquentfag threads, then.

So overrated, the sword fights where trash in vagabond.

Gamaran is 100x better.

Sorry there are not enough manga for motorcyclefags to be able to discuss and enjoy together.

How the fuck can you be familiar with Fuyumi Souryou's style (though that face is pretty clearly not one of hers, that should have tipped you off) but still too new to either recognize that manga, read a filename, or reverse image search?

>Vagabond is about fights

>Thinking Vagabond is just about fighting with swords

Also, that move reminds me a hell of a lot of Shigurui

Doesn't look like it. Totally different artstyle.

>seinenfags

But wasn't it also the betrayal he experienced, that made him so withdrawn? Also, the friend who hero'ed, he was never ever brought up again, right? Was he a remnant of the old author?

So I heard Sup Forums likes this manga. Well, at least a bit more than others.

my nigga

Is that supposed to be Robert Johnson ?