Shieldbro chapter 25

After TWO FUCKING MONTHS we finally get a new chapter, and boy is it worth it if only for fitoria alone. Also, reminder that vol 5 of the LN arrives by the end of next week.

Goblin slayers and isekai readers are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

fwinc.co.jp/cd-booklet/series/51/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too bad he already has.

I had to edit a bit here since the original TL had sword instead of shield.

Why is fitoria so fucking cute

To be fair, even without the shield helping him he's still a great cook.

Just look at this shit. Hi shield would look more than a pot lid or something

They look so cute when they are sleeping.

fitoria is a good girl.

Lancebro is the best

a shit.

That haircut is top teir.

Refresh my memory though, is the XP island after this? The one where shieldbro takes one of the other heroes' party member under his wing?

Yes, they also Meet some of glass's friends

Shit is gonna get down soon

Did that happen in the WN though? I don't remember them meeting anyone from Glass' world aside from Glass herself.

Is anyone translating the LN anyway?

The flying philorials became extinct after the battle with the griffins however.

FUCK, i gotta stop havign this in autopost mode.

And to answer your question, no. This happens only in the LN. They also go to glass's world after the whole spirit turtle battle

If I remember correctly then that would mean they skip the whole town building arc and Atla never appears?

I mean, that whole part of the story was a mixed bag, but the characters were nice.

This is a cage made of pure wind.

They don't, it's in between the spirit turtle arc and the happy slave village. They learn more of the effects of the waves and the world incursions, giving naofumi more reason to raise an army to defend the world as soon as they get back.

Atlas isn't going to happen in the manga?
Well that's disappointing.
2nd best girl, 1st being Raphtalia with a power gap of course.

Honestly though, what are the diffrences between the LN and WN?
I think I've read a good amount of the WN (up to the town building arc and the whole poisoned brainwash water) but since the LN isn't translated last time I checked, I don't know the changes.

As i've already said, they are not skipping atlas, though i'm not sure if the manga will last enough to cover the whole LN.

I can post the differences between the LN and WN once i'm one dumping the chapter, or you can read them yourself by grabbing the epubs at homuwaifu.

Nice.

Do the LNs diverge after that? I thoroughly enjoyed the WN ride until the battle with Tact, even with it's ups and downs.

They already diverged as soon as the third volume

Last page. If there's no goblin slayer threads then they can use this one i guess

I meant if they diverge on a bigger scale, you said they go back to the town building plot after meeting Glass' friends, I want to know if it diverges again after that, because I've seen some LN pictures of characters that never appeared in the WN.

And here are the LN/WN differences from the hero summoning until naofumi's redemption:

Vol 1, This one and the next do not really differ from the LN:
>Mining trip becomes more dangerous as naofumi and raphtalia confront a twin-headed black dog that trigger's raphtalia's trauma.
>Extra chapter detailing how raphtalia and rifana ended up as slaves
>Extra chapter about Motoyasu's POV of things

Vol 2:
>Race between Naofumi and Motoyasu for ryuute village, Naofumi wins
>Extra hot springs chapter, Raphtalia and Firo compete with one another for naofumi's love. No actual hot springs scene here.

Vol 3, this is where differences become apparent but the general story is intact:
>Melty appears earlier in the story and forms a bond with firo.
>Naofumi and co. hunt down an interior crocodile alligator
>Motoyasu and Naofumi "duel" in town and melty stops them.
>Glass BTFOs all the heroes except for naofumi, who barely could withstand her attacks and iron maiden did jackshit to her.
>The blacksmith guy gives naofumi and co various items that help naofumi and co later on.
>The group could not escape easily due to motoyasu shackling firo and forcing her into human form, but she BTFOs Motoyasu in the ensuring fight.
>Naofumi BTFOs everyone with a modified self-curse immolation.
>Extra chapter about Melty and the queen's travels for DIPLOMACY, how Trash fucked up everything and how the queen is forced to make an unknown deal with the king of fabuley to pacify him and the other countries.

vol 4 in a bit

Vol 4, The plot is still intact but with a few added arcs:
>Bitch burns down a forest while in pursuit of melty
>Naofumi and co visit the country of a nice guy noble that treats his demihuman subjects well (and is also a qt in the manga)
>Said nice noble and melty get taken by a fat noble form a neighboring country who turns out to be Raphtalia's previous slaver
>They go, rescue melty and defeat the noble, who seemingly ends up dead in the process.
>Rifana's remains are recovered and kiel is rescued from the dungeon
>The fat noble is actually alive and breaks the seal on a powerful T-rex Dragon, then ends up squished by said monster
>Naofumi and co bait the t-rex away from the populated area they are in to fight it properly
>Fitoria steps in and kills the shit out of the t-rex who was holding a rather big dragon king fragment
>She actually talks instead of having to go through an intermediary, and invites the group to the country the first shield hero founded, which is in ruins
>She threatens to kill melty to give firo a reason to fight in their duel, and fiht in human form instead of their bird forms
>Firo gets BTFOd but gets fighting experience
>Fitoria gives naofumi a talk about how saving the world and saving the people are not the same thing. Naofumi will be forced to make a choice and sacrifice something great later on.
>Also because of this fitoria will kill the heroes if they keep fighting between one another and not fight the waves and makes naofumi promise that try to mend his relationships with them.
>[spolier]Fitoria is a child who tries her best. don't judge her[/spoiler:lit]
>Motoyasu is furious with naofumi, believing he killed Ren and Itsuki. Not Naofumi levels of mad, just angry.
>Combo skills are a thing
>The queen brings down the fucking hammer harder on trash and bitch this time.
>Extra story about Fitoria's POV before meeting naofumi and co. And the promise she made her hero years and years ago.

it does.

It does diverge, a few things happen eariler, new characters are introduced, and we get to visit other plces.

this is the best i could come up with

Small correction

its good.

Wonder if Shieldhero has potential for an anime.

2 cours if we're lucky. covering at least from vol 1 to 4.

>Goblin slayers

I accept your invite user

Unfortunately, there's already a gobbo slayer thread, but do as you wish. I'll probably make a new thread next week if i manage to nab a digital copy of shieldbro vol 5, hoping the mod doesn't delete it like the overlord trheads

Thanks for the dump OP.

Not a big fan of Philorial.

No problem, i reckon that after this fight things will get back on track with the pope fight.

>vol 5 of the LN arrives by the end of next week.

Crap, I need to finish reading Volume 4

I've been so busy training for my new job, haven't had time to get around to it.

How's the Light Novel compared to the webnovel? I remember that the WN started really dragging around the point where Shieldbro started managing a village full of slaves.

I also assume the manga's based off the LN version, but so far it seems the same at the WN from what I recall. Any notable differences?

In addition it seems that volume 5 skips to the hero conference instead of doing the whole party switch thing, but im not so sure about that one

>eats bowl of whatever
>PUAAAH
>screams OISHIII at ear splitting volume and pitch
why is that in literally everything? Is that how japanese people actually behave?

The time i took a semester of japanese, our teacher told us that it is normal to show that you enjoy food there in japan. to not do it is like insulting your host or the person who prepared the food.

I commissioned this one and another, would be a waste not to show you guys.

This one was sorta inspired by "Straight Outta Compton"

I hope the manga gets to Atlas.

If only there were more daughteru moments. Like this one. Kinda.

If im certain, it's gonna take us at least 4-45 more chapters for volume 4 to be covered fully putting us at an average of at least 8 chapters per volume.

and since atlas appears in volume 11, it'll take us at least 4.6 years to get to atlas if there are no hiatuses or if the manga isn't dropped at some point.

I meant 5 more chapters.

we would probably be luckier if interest in the manga grew and it became a weekly. That way, it would take only a little over a year.
One can hope. Does anyone know how popular shieldbro manga is anyways?

Also seeing more of Spirit Turtle girl would be neat.

I'm not really sure, the combined manga and light novel volumes hit at least 500k sales.

Anyone hear the drama cd?

I'm not sure it's out yet, but the preview voices sound good. Besides Raphtalia's, she could use a pitch or two less.

Who voices the other characters?

fwinc.co.jp/cd-booklet/series/51/
i don't know jap but i'd like to find out that myself.
>Naofumi
Monotone, perfect fit.
>Raphtalia
voicework could use a bitch lower, or two.
>Firo
Wasn't expecting something like this but it's good
>Atlas
PRetty great
>Fohl
Too much hotblood
>Raphchan
Rafu~

Actually, I'm liking all of the voices.
Fohl sounds exactly how I would imagine him to be, completely convinced that Naofumi is up to no good.
I think Raphtalia is perfect actually. I'm sure her tone will deepen slightly when it gets to crucial moments during the duel when she gets her Sigil removed.

Bro, that's a drama cd between vol 14 and 15, though yes i think that would happen. Also wheneve she gets jealous when atlas or some other cocksmug girl wants to take what's rightfully hers.

I wish someone fucking stepped up and translated the spear hero sidestory.

IS that supposed to be the raph shield?

>fuzzy raccoon shield

I have to admit, shieldbro has definetly made me develop a taste for raccoon girl

Pretty sure it's an Atlas Shield.

You got a point there.

Naofumi and Raphtalia sound so familiar but I don't know who they are.

I suppose that's why anime characters always say something to the effect of "oh! that's good!" whenever something is put in their mouth. I just thought it was one of those odd anime jokes that get used all the time by people in the industry (like the wilhelm scream by movie sound designers).

I wanna eat this tanook.

I want to pat and hug that tanook.

I like the young tanook when they bring her the kids meal, but I think older tanook is better overall.

I liked the young tanook more. She was cuter and I enjoyed the daughter dynamic more than the potential lover one.

Just wait till we get to the part where we meet the literal landwhale, the eternal tiger loli and the hot chocolate goddess