Are animation threads allowed anymore?

Are animation threads allowed anymore?
/wsg/ has shit taste

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4k2u0j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>is animation allowed on a board dedicated to animation

Really? As long as it's anime it's fine. We don't have nearly enough threads talking about/teaching/appreciating the technical aspects of this medium and it can be pretty cool stuff.

I just never see them anymore. I remember there basically being a general up at any given time. Same with OPs and EDs. What happened?

what are these from?

Constant animation generals never really became a thing. Make them too often and they become a webm dump.

Patlabor 1 in OP, 2 in the other post.
Two of my movies

This happened

Well maybe nkt at any given time. But at least 1 or 2 each day

This and the cleaning bus scene were the only good parts of that movie.

Hey Oshii
don't spoonfeed

>forgetting about the plane training scene

That movie was all over the place though. Dude almost rapes a chick, and suddenly there's a slapstick wacky action segment?

they're always allowed

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

The only bad parts were the assassination sequence, which was pointless and poorly timed, and the maximum Gainax abstract ending. Aside from the soundtrack being too video gamey everything else was brilliant.

god that wave looks like such ass

I will never understand why this shit is so overrated

Woah; for once I don't recognize something in an obvious rec thread.

what is this from?
people probably don't make animation threads because of plebs like me asking for sources

I always liked the look of the first movie more. It borrowed the better TV designs for the technology and had significantly better looking characters than 2.

That particular webm? Because it shows the brutality of war. In animation, especially when the show first ran, that was huge. It's also interesting in the context of a space ship, and when you consider how small the damage actually is when looking at the battle as a whole. How many ships were destroyed like that? How many men died?

Pretty basic questions, but the brutality gets under my skin, even now when we are supposed to be numb to animated blood.

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

Are these the show or DYRL?

Birth was a very strange movie.

where is this from, please and thanks.

Oh, you just reminded me to watch this movie. Thanks.

Perfect Blue

This isnt that great, but its miles better than what Ive seen of the show, so Im assuming this is a movie? Or is it a later episode?

Holy shit, a classic wizard in anime. Is this from that D&D anime?

This thread lacks digital animation.

I really just love bokeh.

There is nothing wrong with a community sharing different series with each other.

Fuck You

It's the second Lupin crossover movie.

Is this shit any good?

The show? No. Great OP though.

dailymotion.com/video/x4k2u0j

Memories

Why does this say Macross Plus?

you sound like a fag

Because I made the webm and that it was a funny joke.

this anime was so shit

Nice meme reply

Oh, so that's how it works

Sakugafags went back to twitter. Hopefully they'll never come back.

What happened? I'm not exactly up to date with the latest happenings among animation fans.
I miss the days of the text board animation threads to be honest.

>rails supporting the weight of that car

Is this bollywood?

they got attention from ANN, the sakugabooru got popular and now they have a patreon. Add the usual shitposting, the >ANN shitposting, and things like the PW fiasco and they really had no reason to keep making sakuga threads.

God, Area 88 was good

I'll try spinning, that's a good trick

>PW fiasco
Care to explain further?

I hope you get cancer.

I'll give sources even more just because you said that.

I think they wanted to show that for all their bravery in going out to fight war in space the ships were basically just futuristic triremes that ram into each other and kill indiscriminately, messily and mercilessly in the process

phantom world had great animation but the anitwitter sakugafags refused to watch it because
>not muh kyoani
some retard even wrote an article on why kyoani was so special just before the pw premiere. nobody took them seriosly after that.

Eh, some of them are a bunch of faggots who get easily offended but Phantom World webms were pretty well-liked on sakugabooru. Anyway, as long as those few sensitive fags keep their opinions on twitter then I can deal with it. It's not like their nonsense prevents Sup Forums from having sakuga threads.

sure, because the sakugabooru is actually for animation, sakuga threads were just for circlejerking and shitposting. without the anitwitter fags, there was no circlejerk, no shitposting, and sakuga threads were just just like this one, mere webm dumps.

JUSTIICE!!

wat eiga is this?

oshietekureeeeee

rule of thumb man
DYRL is widescreen

you're wiafu a ship, a SHIP!

if you knew their actual name yes

>general
generals suck dick

I keep forgetting to watch Perfect Blue.

>knew

Patlabor? This should be considered cheating

Damn that blond girl is fucking hot

that battle at the end was amazing.
slow movie, but fucking great

At least the mods know how to delete sauce posts.

>naruto getting animation this good regularly
Why is this allowed?

How does this make you feel?

Naruto is a mandatory watch for sakugafags, there is so much good shit

Record of Lodoss War maybe

Like Noa has an underrated ass.

>D&D anime
What D&D anime?
I know about the Wizardry anime and Record of Lodoss Wars.

Isn't Lodoss based on D&D?

This is from the movies, right? They can't possibly have animation like this in the show?

yep. The story was taken from sessions and eventually it became it's own thing wit it's own ruleset