Baki Dou 118 translation

I think from now on, whenever we get the character profile page as the first page, I'm just gonna post a poem in the OP. No point in not bringing you all some fun stuff. This week, we've got Lee Kaiou! And, this week, our poem is 'Slow Song' by Paul Bowles.

"There will be a time not too remotely moonward
nor yet as reminiscent of the moon's disgrace
as the bright pastures in the moonlight of your singing
or the moon's inverted canticle upon your face
when daylight over meadows and the strokes on bells
sent outward into sunlight to the banks of streams
will settle gratefully onto the heavy grass

will rout no more the owl in moonward dreams"
-Bowles, 1928

>Narrator: A demon...
>Tokugawa: Pickle picked up the sword!
>Some Guy 1: Does he intend to use it?
>SG1: With that Herculean strength, if he swings it, the katana will...
>N: ...in a metal stick...?

itisamystery.jpeg

>Baki: I don't see...
>B: The sword...
>Some Guy 2: It's in the ground!
>Some Guy 3: He stabbed into the earth?
>Kyouichiro: No...
>K: He cut into it.

Don't know who Kyouichiro is, or don't remember? He's the swordsman that Tokugawa has Musashi face down right after he's revived. He plays virtually no role in the main story, but he's an entire story in Kenjin. You'll be able to read that story soon, if I get my way with the releases...

>Some Guy 4: It was a cut!
>SG4: He cut through it completely vertically!!!
>T: What ridiculous strength...

>SG4: He got up!
>Some Guy 5: When did he...?

>Musashi: My blade was stopped. The extent of your wall of flesh...
>M: I've never seen something like this before.
>M: My sword can bifurcate helmets.
>M: To keep my sword from reaching the bone, your muscles clamped down and held a grip on the blade.

>M: It's unbelievable that there's a body like that...
>M: It took the sword from my hands,
>M: And you don't even seem to notice the damage.

>M: I fell over and waited,
>M: Without making another move...
>M: And, as I expected...
>M: You became a swordsman.

>M: How boring.

>M: All of that forcefulness is gone.

>Narrator: Once, a famous author went to collect data from a karate practitioner. On one such episode...
>Author Guy: Yes...?
>N: The words that he spoke might be called shocking to hear.
>Karateka: An opponent with a bladed weapon...
>K: Does not pose a threat.

>K: Only use things other than blades.
>AG: Err... well...
>AG thought: That's a pretty risky statement, isn't it?
>N: It was an impressive thing to say.

>M: Wall of flesh or not...

>M: I can cut whatever I want, as much as I want...

>N: The edges are taken!

I couldn't possibly think of any better word equivalent than "edge"; you know damn well what he did from the picture.

The joints?

Anyway, so ends another day in the life of Musashi.
>hurr swords aren't dangerous
>unless it's me with the sword

Regardless, make sure to order a copy of Volume 14 whenever it becomes available! With the special OAD included, it's not something that any of us would want to miss, right? It's the best way to support Itagaki's efforts, and I know I'll certainly be picking up a copy.

>the OAD is released
>it's the sex chapter

See, joints is too non-specific a word, and it doesn't quite match whatever Itagaki meant. I don't know exactly what the hell he meant either, actually - the word used is "kado", literally meaning "corner"; usually in reference to a shape.

>Pickle jobbing this hard

Kys Itagaki

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure it literally cannot be that. The sex chapters were published in a separate magazine, and the tankoubon are financed/whatever by the publisher, so I don't think they'd have the *rights* to do it, much less the desire. Kinda bizarre that Weekly Shounen Champion couldn't allow a sex scene in their magazine though, when their covers are more-often-than-not shit like this.

It's not jobbing here. #1 Pickle hasn't lost yet, and #2 the sword thing was a trick by Musashi. Seeing if Pickle would lose his natural aggression was his goal; you can hardly call such a defeat - if he was defeated - 'jobbing'.

Damn I wanted to see the full power of his hand swords after losing his actual sword, but I guess Itagaki is saving that for another fight.

Let me guess how it will end. Pickle will reveal his scar and do his ultimate move (wall kick horizontal charge) and Musashi will cut him in half in mid-air.