I still can't get over the fact that we are now watching literally Taiwanese puppet shows

I still can't get over the fact that we are now watching literally Taiwanese puppet shows.

Maybe we get those Tibetan cave paintings next.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hZixFMaME
youtube.com/watch?v=f68HoyPTVIs
youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4
a.pomf.cat/ifxoex.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=_gPY-0wpbvM
youtube.com/watch?v=6IyU02E9bdM
youtube.com/watch?v=6INxQURVoUs
youtube.com/watch?v=XVAcXqV8RsI
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

After Mongolian Smoke signals please.

Thunderbolt Fantasy has no right being this good

I'm impressed they had the guts to go with this project. Seems risky as shit.

I'm just watching it so I can understand doujins later.

I feel so alive watching this shit. It's refreshingly different. Every episode brings smile on my face and that OP is pure awesome.

>start out watching ironically
>irony lost after 2 minutes

based Urobutcher.

Are you telling me people never watched puppet/marionette shows in their youth? Picture related, Augsburger Puppenkiste. Well known in Germany. I watched this a lot when I was a kid.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is amazing and I've been watching it with my grandpa who loves his chinese fantasy dramas

>based Urobutcher.
From what I understand, the plot is pretty standard for Wuxia shows. There is nothing special Butcher has done so far.

I don't know why the mods haven't been deleting this bullshit. It's clearly not anime or manga or even shitty Korean web comics.

>There is nothing special Butcher has done so far.
Bucther literally made TBF a personal priority. Even if the writing isn't special, no one would give a shit about Taiwanese puppets if he wasn't promoting it.

it is even better than i expected, the uncanny combo of puppeteering with far more fluid motion gives me chills

thanks for the recommendation

Just imagine this really takes off and in 20 years time we will have puppet equivalent of waifus, 2.5D culture or whatever it will be called, taiwaboos wanting to learn Taiwanese and move to Taiwan, etc.

Although this is still partly a Japanese project.

So when did Butcher stopped being writer and became a marketing manager?

Butcher is the reason the show exists. The story is generic fantasy and wuxia, but literally most his works are a collection of clichés and tropes done in his usual style.

We Euros grew up on this shit. When I was a kid,
it felt like half of the children's programming was puppet shows and clay stop-motion animation.

Keep trying, friendo.

Oh god, the nostalgia.
>Eine Insel mit zwei Bergen

>Not wanting a pet project to succeed
He personally pitched the idea to Nitro+. I'll have to find the interview, but TBF only happened because he sperged out after watching some Pili series.

Reminder that this is what full-CG anime could be doing if they didn't restrict the framerate.

Burgerland /m/an here. Wanted to check out this show since it's Go Nagai made and heard that it was populkar in the land of Britbong. Is it good?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hZixFMaME

>In 2014, Urobuchi came across Pili's exhibition booth within a Taiwanese comic convention while he was invited as the convention's special guest. He was greatly impacted by their execution of the art form, prompting him to take home a full set of Pili's puppet show series to share with his associates within the Japanese ACG industry, and was eager to either plan an original story, or license a couple of series with Pili to dub into Japanese. The news of Urobuchi's interest in Taiwanese puppetry quickly made its way to Pili, which had a decent percentage of staff members who were, according to Nitroplus representative, Digitarou, "anime savvy, Urobuchi fans." Therefore, Pili International were also actively searching for ways to contact Urobuchi. Both parties contacted each other within a day's time frame asking if they wanted to create something fun together; after various discussions from both parties, they decided to create an original story that is, first and foremost, "a straight-forward narrative" easy for first-time puppetry viewers and the anime demographic to process and appreciate. Hence the birth of the Thunderbolt Fantasy Project.

Fucking Urmel and his crew

at least they have actual noses

I want to protect his smile.

He also helped promote Oshii's movie in Japan at the request of Toshio Suzuki.

>after watching some Pili series
watching the what?

the taiwanse company/series they partnered with

youtube.com/watch?v=f68HoyPTVIs
youtube.com/watch?v=aiJEdqxf7R4

Urobuchi-san is my husbando

Is there any hotglue in this show?

wait I've only seen a couple clips, do we have full subbed episodes somewhere?

There are 3 full episodes already subbed by multiple groups, including horriblesubs.

oh shit. and this is the series those like "best puppet fight scene" videos are from?

Cute.

Urubutcher always was a huge Chinaboo.

i assume horrible subs are on japanese? chinese is ear cancer

ask /m/. there's a go getter robo nagai shitposting thread going on right this second

rule34 when

Just for you my man.
a.pomf.cat/ifxoex.webm

> Tibetan Sand Mandala Series
> Only watch the episode of an old ass Buddhist monk making sand art once before it's deleted forever

I made a thread with a joke about "literally Taiwanese puppets" when the first teaser trailer was released and I got no replies, fuck Sup Forums!

What the fuck I hate Sup Forums now

Is supermarionation anime?

I would rather have manga being animated as puppet shows than the horrid 4 FPS GCI they are using nowdays.

fuck buhrsuhrk 2016

kek

This is the definition of delusion

>taiwaboos
So just China?

Fun fact, puppets are technically animation, there just hasn't been one made in over 40something years.

Why wouldn't he? People go nuts if his name is even vaguely attached to something, so it's a pretty obvious professional move.

Is there any claymation or stop motion shows made in Japan?

They're in Japanese, but at least HorribleSubs uses the Chinese readings of most proper nouns. Makes it difficult for me since I'm much better at remembering Japanese names than Chinese.

Pretty much the only way people know about this obscured doll shit is Butcher. If not for him none will care about this show at all.

I want to hotglue Dan Fei

It shouldn't be obscure in the first place. Pili's popularity in Taiwan is similar to that of Taiga dorama in Japan. The medium is also flexible to express any sort of tone or story.

This shit is brilliant:

youtube.com/watch?v=_gPY-0wpbvM

Takena has a notorious youtube channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=6IyU02E9bdM

>Buyfags, the anime

Never thought I see the day.

>the habsburger puppenkiste , an anime studio , the lead designer of FF 4 and a wuxia-author walk into a bar...
>and get really , really drunk

Of course non of these puppet shows even come close to Captain Scarlett or Thunderbirds.

Those shows had more political intrigue and a maturer direction than any anime ever aired.

I think it was the augsburger puppenkiste, not the habsburger. The latter refers to a dead nobility line.

This actually looks pretty interesting.

Picked up

damn , that name "habsburger" is stuck in my head.
fuck you biology classes

>Taiwan
Yeah, obscured

no saw stuff like thunderbirds?

>t-this is not obscure at all
>taiwan
;_;

I watched this autistic shit as a kid.

The saddest part is it's still visually more interesting than any Inferno Cop/Ninja Slayer episodes

lot of those fighting scenes remind me of power rangers

because it is

still no

>bangladeshian clay motion
>uzbekistani puppet theatre
>pakistani wood-carvings
>mongolian fishbone-statues
>indian metalworks
>african fingerpainting
>cambodian pictographs

Would you rather watch this?

how much money would it cost to let the augsburger puppenkiste animate berserk 2016

Pili is nothing new, dude.

>tfw no doujin will ever use mannequins

Fuck, now I'm remembering those old japanese puppet shows that used to air here in the early 90's
youtube.com/watch?v=6INxQURVoUs

Thank god for the Nitro+ design to make it bearable. Chink can't design for shit

Because low birthrate = worker shortage/manpower for make Thunderbold in 2d anime or cgi ; Soon having 2d/cgi animators will be uneconomical; especially in a place that doesn't artificially inflate it's population with 3rd worlders, like Japan.

inb4 thread deleted for not animu.

fuck him, he moved on to cg shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=XVAcXqV8RsI

she a cutie, should've pee'd herself when that happened.

well , full cgi is allowed.
puppeteering is simply another kind of animating , just like regular 2d and cgi, and life action cant exactly be applied to an all-puppet cast that looks like some kind of creepy borderline cgi ... thing

She's great

she got me hnnnng'd when she ran her finger across her bangs.

hotgluing when

I recognize those eyebrows!

whyboner.jpg

It shares a lot of similarities with tokusatsu shows.

No wonder why these threads are always dead eh

Taiwan isn't China.

It's china but they're Japan bitch

Is this connected with Pili? Will it get the same terrible treatment Pili did?

The Republic of China is the lawful authority over all of China. The communists are nothing but usurpers.

Pili is the king of milking franchise. Their own show in Taiwan has been going none stop for 30+ years with the same main characters. Thank god they're only handling the puppeteering and leaving everything else to nitro+.

Huh, I bet you're a Targaryen apologist when you're watching game of thrones, too.

ROC was kicked out for a reason. It was incredibly corrupt which gave the commies the popular support. Even the fact it didn't turn Taiwan into something similar to the North Korea afterward is nothing short of a miracle.

maybey this isnt the place for this?

I watched the muppets as a kid.

>in the year 2016, anime is dead. A rogue band of puppeteers are all that's left from stopping the CGI overlords from achieving total domination

The only puppet shows the average person young enough to watch anime these days are likely to have watched are Jack Frost and the Muppets