Sup Forums how do you feel knowing that one day you will die and then everyone you know and love will die?

Sup Forums how do you feel knowing that one day you will die and then everyone you know and love will die?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_grams_experiment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is the way things are.

That's just how it works.

Happens to everyone so who gives a fuck

I've never really believed in death
it just doesn't make sense to me, that everything simply stops after you die

Got used to it, then I decided life's too short to care about what comes after, and so now I'm doing what I can to set my great grandchildren up.

the fact we die is what makes life so special, knowing one day its all going to be over and you never know when its your time to go means everyday is a gift. if we lived forever life would have no meaning and no impact. our mortality is why life is worth living.

hopeful that it will be tomorrow

Indifferent as the universe.

All come from the void, all shall return. There's a peace in becoming one with eternity for me, im sure it will be terrifying as it happens, but all have done so before me. So shall I.

Death is illusion.
Our consciousness can't fathom death.
Because death means non-existence.
And because reality is intimately linked with consciousness neither reality nor consciousness can die or experience the state of death. All things are Eternal, Mind is all things.

I have faith and not just for that reason I have faith because it helps with day to day LIFE having it for DEATH is just a bonus

it's literally the only thing I look forward to

>one day I won't have to do laundry
noice

Cattle die
Kinsman die
You yourself die;
I know one thing
Which never dies:
The fate of the
Honored dead.

MY TIME IS NOAAAW!!!!!!!!!

>Our consciousness can't fathom death.
so how does that make death an illusion?

sad. will i ever own a house? will i ever have a decent job? will i ever have a wonderful proper wife? will i ever have a family of my own? a legacy, however small, and however few people it may affect?

probably not.

fucking kiwi

Meh. I plan to go out with a bang when I am old so looking forward to it.

Thank God there's an end to SJW exposure in the afterlife

Indifferent.

Life's hard, get a helmet kid.

There is a 99.9998% chance you'll die within your lifetime.

I am dead.
AMA

Hopefully I'll be able to ensure the continued life of my spirit by making several children and raising them with honor.

I've smoked DMT. We all good.

I believe in, and never really forget anymore, the existence of a metaphysical, a superior world of Being, to which man is connected, fully so after death if he merits it. I look forward to leaving this lower realm of matter behind, and fully joining what is permanent, unchanging, and of infinitely superior value and importance.

Death fucks with my head. I don't know how people can be so nonchalant about it

hopefully soon

Gerontologists and biologists have theorized that if you're under 30 today, you'll live to be over 200 years old thanks to CRISPR mCas9 research. We're already making excellent progress, especially with the help of Aubrey de Grey and Liz Parrish.

You really, really don't want quantum immortality to be true.
In any case, the alternative to belief in death is complete nihilism: if you can't die, you must be the only consciousness in existence.

I've been dead much longer than I have been alive.

Eh, they'll cure that in a decade or so.

Pretty sure the universe just keeps repeating itself. I'm coming back to life as soon as I die in my perspective. Only just to live the exact same life again with no memory of the previous life. Same bullshit. My faps are eternal.

We are all born in this cage amd we die in it.

Hello Satan,
We meet again

You are engaging in a logical fallacy. Therefore you are a shill. Saged.

Actually death is a door to another state of being.

Lawofone.info - read it shill.

Well I'm not happy about it, but I don't really have much choice

probably because you shouldn't give a fuck about anything you can't change.

that's how you develop mental problems.

and besides, who wants eternal life anyways? when you think about it would be miserable as fuck.

death can be gruesome and horrible but it can also be tranquil and peaceful as well.

I was solipsistic when I was like five, it was (and still is) very hard to reconcile the world I/we live in with that feeling.

>implying WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB
NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING RITE LMAO XDDD
if you believe in this do yourself and the world a favor and kill yourself, truly subhuman tier philosophy

jesus

Is there strong bones and calcium in the next life too?

>quantum immortality
that's some big brained shit. whatever happened to the notion of an eternal soul?

Odincheck

there are several ways in which the universe could render you alive again, including naturally.

I go back and forth between being completely freaked out and then, yah it's perfectly natural, no worries. Can't reconcile yet but I lean towards meh, I'm good.

quite relaxed

Well, try to imagine complete nothingness.
You'll likely see black. But black is still something.
Its impossible for our consciousness to hold the concept of nothingness in mind, because nothingness is not a concept but an anti-concept: it is no-thing (and a concept is a thing). Death is also an anti-concept which the mind cannot grasp. Because physical reality is linked to consciousness, we as individual hubs of awareness can not experience death or non-existence. When we die we may experience numbness and blackness. This is sleep but not non-existence. It is only a matter of time then until mind recreates Space in which it will exist.

>one with eternity
Yes, and one with matter. We flatter ourselves that our "matter" is eternal.. It isn't, it is convertible to either mass or energy, erasing any temporal signiture it might have had.

There was this doctor a while back who would put terminal patients on a giant milligram scale, and he noted that on death, the patients lost approx. 30 mg of weight. He hypothesized that it was the soul leaving the body, and his tests seemed to confirm it.
Unfortunately, it's not known of his research was credible, because the scales he used are very error-prone and inaccurate. And thus far, to my knowledge, the study has not been repeated.

I want eternal life. I've already achieved eternal contentment now I just wanna see where the world ends.

That's what I'm hoping for. What I know, though, is that the body dies, and the soul is immeasurable.
The spirit definitely lives on in your descendants, so family is the best rational path toward immortality.

>what is the afterlife

who cares about that. if something is eternal it can't be material or measurable anyway.

Pretty much this.

you empty your bowels when you die user

I'm fine with my body living for the rest of eternity, as its molecules slowly degrade to atoms, and those atoms slowly decay to quarks, and then onward until the base unit. It's kind of neat to think about, that parts of me could be anywhere and everywhere, especially if they become quantumly entangled. What if I formed a new consciousness because of the entanglement, and become sentient nothingness?
Just something to think about.

If nothing else, it'd be a good thing to eliminate from the list of possibilities, no?

>implying emptying bowels would change the total weight on a scale

I haven't had the pleasure of that experience but I do read NDE accounts and I think that we are all good to go too.

>being a heretic
Hell is for ever!

>being a sodomite
Hell is for ever!

>quantum immortality

Faggot concept.

What happens to consciousness after it ceases? It's either elementary and primal (ghosts and spirits errywhere and afterlife dreamworlds lel let's do DMT) or entirely philosophical (no one can ever know or devise any means of knowing for certain while alive).

>BLACKED by death

tfw you realize in 200 years nobody on the planet will know you ever existed

implying they took the feces with them to the scale after they died

BBRRAPP

Feels great.

As long as I die last and everyone else suffers.

>you and everyone you love will die
thank god the people I hate will die too

we are continuous in our existence with the first replicators. Not sure when you think those things achieved immortal life. It might be more profound to be born from the universe than to stubbornly think that the processor of your brain that is formed from your physical being continues to exist.

Both their bed and their body is on the scale, where would it go?
I'll see if I can find the paper, hold on. It was, if nothing else, an interesting read.

You tell me, biblenigger
0 proofs of an afterlife except claims by people who have been "clinically dead"

toplel

Make something of yourself otherwise it will be way less than 200.

slide thread

Thankful for the great times and positive contributions we've all made to human history.

Nihilist plz go.

good

Aha, spotted the Progressive©

They had a scale in all their homes under their bed?

Rhodesians never die!

>Not Manning up and becoming the next anti Christ like big bro adolf

I've found it, thought what I've said was a bit off. It's called the 21 gram experiment, and it was done by Duncan McDougall.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_grams_experiment
Like I said though, it was a shit-tier experiment. Needs to be recreated, and the criticisms addressed.

mfw

if a receiver dies that doesn't mean the signal dies with it.

>there's nothing before existence
>life continues after existence stops

makes total sense, I berievu in jesus curist now

Everyone in history has done it at least once so it can't be that bad.

No, because a transmitter is still transmitting.
Unless it's one of those "if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, did it make a sound?" situations.

Checked

It's inevitable. Have fun while I'm here and take care of the ones I love to make their lives easier. Better to be optimistic than to pissed around and be negative.

that fact is the HEART OF ALL COMEDY. IT MAKES ME LAUGH.

Technology is advancing pretty fast, we might be in good spot on the J curve to catch up with immortality

Piss*

Your sense of humour is positively contagious, user....

At this moment? Indifferent. Life is pain, including the pain of loss. Honestly I don't think death is anything like what people think it is. I can't tell you how many times people I know have attempted to commit suicide but it just doesn't work for whatever reason. Gun jams for no discernible reason, recover from overdose that they probably shouldn't have recovered from, all kinds of shit like that.

I'm not retarded, I don't push my luck like I'm convinced I can't die or anything. I just have the sneaking suspicion that life and death are 100% not properly understood.

One may even come to the conclusion that life and death do not exist.

>under 30 with a net worth no less than $120 million

WHOOPS I DIED OF LAUGHTER XD XD ECKSDEEDDDDD:D

For ever!

Hell is for ever!

I couldn't care less.
For all I know, while you're reading this post, a vacuum metastability event could take place, anihilating the entire universe. Or some undetected asteroid crashing down on Earth. Or a rogue planet, or a black hole crossing the Earth's path. Or a blood clot obstructing a vein in your brain.

So yeah, plenty of ways to die, and one of them is going to happen someday, that's a fact. So why should I worry about it?

:^)

this