Furi Kuri

What does Sup Forums think of FLCL?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kskU-yZc_yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's shit.

I really like it. Rewatch it every year.

Typical pretentious gainax show.

It's good but like every gainax work it pretends to be deeper than it is to troll people
You get people who think they're smarter than everyone for "getting it", people who enjoy the easily digestible parts(I.E. cool robots/sexy teens) and people who hate it for being popular.
They're usually a perfect recipe for a shitstorm as a result and why I love gainax.

the soundtrack gives me a severe case of nostalgia
youtube.com/watch?v=kskU-yZc_yo

Couldn't watch it. The visuals were nice but the story and pacing were too artsy for no reason. I think I made it to episode 3 and dropped it.

Same and I just watched it last month.
Guess it really nails that coming of age aspect, makes you recall the early adolescence period

I could see why you'd come to that conclusion but I'd still recommend finishing it for a more accurate assessment, it's not very long. If you want pointlessly artsy, try dead leaves or cat soup (enjoyed both)

Shitty recolored vectorized placeholder image from Youtube, shitty topic, shitty thread.

> You get people who think they're smarter than everyone for "getting it"
There is no deep stuff to “get”. You simply failed to enjoy details that were not pre-processed for retard spoon-feeding.

It's average.

queue the FLCL defense force

>pretentious
How about you state actual complaints instead of buzzwords

You know that if you immediately appeal to le angry fanboys while expressing a completely reasonable opinion it'll look like bait, right?

One of the best things to come out of the medium. Very few shows have as much thematic depth as FLCL and there certainly isn't anything close to FLCL's level when it comes to similar types of shows, wacky and disjointed plot-wise but narratively and thematically coherent. This aspect also makes it one of the better pleb filters.

A good example of what you're replying to.

10/10 best anime of all time. Well maybe not but it is seriously brilliant. Great coming of age story with a brilliant atmosphere and soundtrack. Anyone who does not like it is honestly a try hard faggot, there is no real reason this show would be considered bad.

If you are used to Hollywood's amount of obvious protracted jokes and plot explanations per minute that is tested on various focus groups for both content and accessibility, and can't enjoy FLCL, it's not because FLCL is bad.

That's a lot of condescending dialogue with little provocation.
While some claim it's a simple coming of age theme, others claim there's much more.
It's less about people not grasping what's there and more about people seeing things that might not be there at all, gainax is infamous for mixing pointless symbolism with seemingly symbolic nonsense. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar but that doesn't stop people who "get" what it really is from acting all high and mighty.

This.

The fact that its really easy to rewatch due to its length helps with that.

Extremely good show, some people will be contrarian because apparently it aired on TV at some point in america so its almost "mainstream" over there.

>artsy
>pretentious
>2deep4u

why are people so anti-intellectual nowadays
sure, FLCL isn't the most direct of shows, but it's hardly contrived at all, it has no unrealistic aspirations regarding its reception, it delivers a fairly simple story through details and metaphors (Gainaxy at that - energetic and fun to watch)
it has a lot going on that should make you want to rewatch it but don't say it's pretentious, because it's a show bereft of any pretense whatsoever

I think a second season will ruin the charm

Isn't nearly as good for how much it is praised.

It's not pretentious at all though. It has a comedic structure with fairly blatant coming of age narrative.

Why not pity the masses that are used to shitty entertainment that is considered the one only “normal” pop culture instead of putting blame on everything that isn't that?

Also, here's a secret: “Gainax is known for feeding fan theorizing / trolling / its endings” is a *self-ironic* meme. Newfags who heard that and seriously consider that they are hacks juggling with random symbols and choosing how story ends based on the superficial effect (excluding THAT one) are just stupid and blind. It's easy to imagine a straw man system of empty ruse masters, pretentious deepfags checking whose dick is bigger, and you, the sane one who sees things how they are, but this solution is too simple and self-nurturing be true.

You don't always enjoy things for the list of points you should “get”.

Series that got me into anime.

Loved it back when I saw it on Adult Swim over a decade ago, still love it today. One of my favorites of all time.

I'm probably due for a rewatch. Thanks OP.

A top tier meme anime.

Either rip, or player that made screenshot, or print shop overlay code fucked with black level.

It's actually a nice print that can be done cheaply and with higher quality with one paint screen printing instead of color printer.

FYI: not everyone lives in US and cares about your petty kid quarrels.

Probably the latter.

I want Sup Forums to leave.

Naota made me gay

Great, worth watching every few years. Toppest tier animation that some scenes still impress after tons of watches.

Sequel is going to suck

What does FLCL mean?

Read the latest “Come'onマバセ” issue.