Kumo Desu ga Nani ka?

I don't really understand how Kuro's love for the Goddess Sariel relate to him making THAT place and the current world crisis? Kumo-chan thread.

The web novel lost its charm after Kumo reached Taboo lv 10
Also
>him

Yeah, it really did a 180 with its writing style and themes the moment it got taboo'd.

Still reading it because it might go somewhere when the main storyline catches up with the hero one.

The writing also got some of the humor back in the recent chapters. Pope chapters are my favourite ones so far.

Is Kumo the cutest isekai?

Yes, she is.

I want to fuck that spider.

sariel was a moralfag who wanted to protect the world, D made the world to kill time and the whole system of how the world works requires dickishness. Kuro knows he's being an faggot by his earlier conversation with kumo but he's doing it anyways because he's in love with sariel

That's heresy.

Taboo what?

I don't really understand how it contributes to the world getting all messed up though. Is it because all these people learn skills, taking away energy, but never give it back because there's little to no deaths?

the act of giving skills consumes energy and death does not return enough energy to make the system stable

I thought by raising the skill's level and then dying would give back more? Basically a loan system.

Fucking elves messing everything up kinda puts a dent in that plan.

Potimas doesn't have Taboo 10 right? What's his endgame?

"Taboo" is the name of the skill she acquire after cannibalizing. Later she will max it and will turn into an edgelord because of it.

Did Kumo the WN end yet or is still on going?m

Oh really? That's disappointing.

Still going

Yeah a coffeine drunk spidergod that has no bloody idea what She's doing half the time sure is edgy.

Paul looks like shit.

Man, you got to look at things objectively. Lots of DV and an aggressive drunk, she eats babies.

"Elf" babies. Also Sophia.

What does it actually do?

Tells you that elves are fucking retarded.

Give you info about the true state of the world.

Sounds interesting.

It's not like they know any better. None of them have Taboo 10 right? Based on what Sensei said their conclusion seemed pretty logical.

It basically says that elves are fucking retards like that other user said.

She's a filthy elf too, of course she wants you to think that.

But the damned skinshifter old man that takes people's souls hostage knows exactly what he's doing in his quest for godhood.

Wait, I thought that things were going relatively ok until fucking Potimas manipulated former Demon Lord and Hero to make them shout ANOTHER DIMENSION!!! and that ended up making a shitfest and wasting energy like crazy. And he has access to one of those MA Energy generators, that keeps the barrier and soldiers operational, but he forgot or doesn't know how to use it to become a god as well, and he's wasting MA Energy in the process. Wasn't the system going fairly well until elves started messing things up? There's also the matter of souls being reborn too quick and getting that Soul Erosion debuff or something.

Or basically

He's not really getting stronger is he? Just really hard to get rid of.

She just put her trust in the wrong person.
I'm pretty excited to see what sort of confrontation she will have with Shiro-chan considering they have opposing views. I imagine she will trust her Student list and assume Shiro-chan is some faker. Not sure if Shun will buy it though.

>Soul Erosion debuff
W-what

Rembember when Wrath wandered into that island in the middle of the huge lake inside a mountain range, after butchering the Ice dragons? Where he found a Master Swordsman who kept him at bay for days to let others escape. Well, Kuro created that country so that souls that had reborn too many times in quick sucession could rest for a life and stop degrading. Or something like that.

the shitfest with the previous hero and demon lord only accelerated what was happening naturally, it was already going to collapse with or without elves

Didn't that place cause problems though? Something along the lines of the energy was being used by the souls there but never returned because deaths were uncommon? I thought that was the reason Kumo-chan let Wrath destroy it.

He's pretty much elf voldemort/yhwach at this point if i'm not mistaken.

I need more isekai to read.

Arifureta, Kamigoroshi

I'm getting pretty damn close to reading Arifureta.

Time to put it further on the backlog for Kamigoroshi.

I need more female MC isekai to read but the pickings are extremely slim

Why are there so many stories with "duke" and "daughter" in their titles?

What are the current ones? I only know the Kuma one and the SoL VN one.

What you read so far? All the mainstream ones? Manga? If so, there's still the underrated ones in WN and LN format.

Duke's Daughter and Eliza were pretty interesting and both of their translators died at the same time

Is there really? I'm interested in seeing them.

>The Duke’s Daughter Is the Knight Captain’s (62) Young Wife
>Haunted Duke’s Daughter
>Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter

Huh, I thought there were more on NU.

Is NU actually up to date with isekai stories? Or just translated ones?

It should only be listing translated ones.
Seeing as it's practically impossible to keep up with untranslated ones.

There's like a hundred new isekai novels a day on Narou, and some of them get deleted by the author within a few days or just outright abandoned.

>Asking a question that should be obvious to someone who isn't a total moron.

>There's like a hundred new isekai novels a day on Narou
Man, I have to go dig through it one day, hopefully find some gold.

I go through digging through them myself every now and then.
Gold is really goddamn rare as it turns out.

In my diggings that weren't referred to me in the rankings or on here/other places, I've found maybe one I consider gold (that's now on the rankings and not so unknown) and a few alright-to-kinda-enjoyable ones.

For the records, the ones that appear on the daily rankings generally tend to be complete shit more than half the time.

Why is Vampire-chan so cute? Watch ver being all tsun tsun for her mama is so fucking cute

>I have to go dig through it one day

I have some terrible news for you

What is the source of this research

Looks like Sturgeon's law, except utter shit and forgettable should cover 90%.

Source is me data gathered by me and then verified by an expert panel of me myself and I.
Yeah sturgeon is where I started but I like my 100/(2n) percentages more.

You need numbers on this or else it's practically useless to look at.

>I don't know how dividing things in half works.

>implying anyone could tell without numbers

The numbers are arbitrary anyways.

Inspired by the other guy's pie chart I tallied my NU lists.

Coincidentally the "reading" -list covers just about exactly 10%.

out of curiosity
How many chapters does it take to be considered dropped rather than not picked up?

Some are dropped by ch1 because of unintelligible translation or very low quality.

For most I try to read 10 chapters if it's the normal WN chapter length.
For longer chapters or LNs it's 3-5.

>But the damned skinshifter old man that takes people's souls hostage knows exactly what he's doing in his quest for godhood.
No, the real problem is that he DOESN'T know what the fuck he's doing. The fact that he tried to kill D should've tipped you off to that.

This is his plan in its entirety

1. Make myself really, really hard to kill

2. Spend the rest of eternity doing random-ass shit until something works and I become a god

3. ???

4. Profit!

>dropped is higher than the backlog itself
wew

Nigga, he has max Taboo, otherwise he wouldn't have a way of screw with the system

Pretty sure she just wanted to make Kuro suffer. And she bagged Master Swordsman's soul anyways.

When I started reading I honestly expected the dungeon to be a lot bigger (like 8+ dungeons as she slowly evolves/levels up). Although it's long jumped the gun it's still enjoyable IMO, just not the same premise.

Taboo only tells you the world is fucked and that you can escape it by becoming a god, it doesn't tell you HOW to become a god.

Potimas maxed Taboo and realized he was going to get fucked like the rest of the world so he started trying to become a god. Obviously he hasn't succeeded yet unlike a certain spider who just happened to stumble into the one shortcut method.

Is there really a way to make dungeons interesting in the form of writing anyways? They seem more of an image thing more so than a text detailing.

Did he try to use one of the MA Energy generators to make himself a god but fuck it up? Pretty sure the topic came when Kumo-chan became a goddess

Taboo sounds useless as fuck then.

I wonder how is shit going down once taboo is finished installing on shun

The first phase of the WN was all dungeon crawling though, and that's what hooked me. You could have different elemental dungeons, different bosses, more skills/powerups, hidden/ancient loot, etc. The author probably got tired of that though and wanted to connect to Shun's story since it was obviously the main plot point though (honestly everything Shiro does before she leaves the labyrinth is unimportant now aside from her making her name).

Doesn't loot ever feel like cheating to you? It's all very luck based.

This. I remember farming days to get an item my friend got 1 hour in.

Not monster drop loot, but hidden caches sort of thing. Or things adventurers dropped when they explored. She can't equip weapons/armor until she's arachne anyways so it'd have been interesting to see her see all this stuff she can't use aside from amulets and elixirs/etc.

The world being messed up doesn't have anything to do with D's system. The world originally got fucked over because elves created magitech that took power directly from the MA field and thus fucked with the balance of the world. Kuro and Sariel allegedly wrecked most of that shit and set back the elves WAAAAAY back on a technological level, but since the world was already in danger they asked D to fix shit and that's where the System came in. The system itself is supposed to create a net increase of energy in the MA field by stripping the souls of humans of all their accumulated skills upon death and put on restrictions to prevent elves or anyone else from relearning how shit works outside of the system well enough to repeat the magitech bullshit.
The issue is that the System only really fixes shit over time unless a shitload of people die at once, so when Potimas tricked the Hero and Demon King to try and attack D, the MA field had yet to be restored, so now with the massive loss of energy because of that attack and the leak in the MA field, the System can't provide enough energy to offset the continuous decrease of energy.
A nice big war would have stabilized things a long-ass time ago, but since Sariel is a moralfag and Kuro is her bitchboy, he never went through with it and ended up dooming the world through inaction.

Are the illustrations for vol 12 out or is it just the cover?

Which chapters have Sariel's backstory? All I remember about her is that she's one of the original admins who's now the voice of the system in the bottom of the lab + Kuro loves her.

So what's happening in the current chapter?

Coffee Vs. Kumoko
1:0 for the coffee.

Pic related. Add some existional crisis monologue.

It's sprinkled in passing mentions through story. You know what you need to already.

Stopped reading at oni path. I just don't have the willpower to read through rough google translante anymore,

If there were only someone willing to summarize everything

You're almost at the end, next translator is better, the current one is more that.
Stuff happens, Oni goes mad and kills everyone indiscriminately, channels some Archer and Gilgamesh, meets old man Fake Assassin, fights him several days, regains sanity, mops about wanting to die, meets Vampire-chan, they fight, Kuro comes and stops them, beats Oni to half-death, leaves them to Shiro.
Vampire-chan lives typical "reincarnated as shoujo villain" story.

tfw you went on a isekai genre spree and now youre grasping straws. Only thing out of all major ones im still having on hold is Death march because im frustrated with MC:s attitude towards his loli harem.

>Beauty on the outside, too young in real age = NG
>Cake on the inside, loli on the outside = NG
>Goes fucking common prostitutes instead.

i cannot stand this guys wierd moral standards. Every time MC in isekai genre brings wierd morals from previous world it tends to ruin it for me. Thankfully this is pretty rare.

Hifumi from Summoned Slaughterer has less trouble contemplating settling down with his secretary than a good chunk of isekai MCs I've seen so far and the guy is a murderhobo.

What aspects do you look for in isekai?

Was alot of fun reading Asuka of the scarlet sky after suffering through some death march. Ended up liking the cast alot though its so heavy on the H-scenes.
Also i cannot describe my level of arousal when the brown loli was xmas cake and
total anal slut

>Vampire-chan lives typical "reincarnated as shoujo villain" story.
But with extra implied sex and existential crises at the end of it.

Hint:
He just doesn't want to restrict himself with a physical relationship.
That's why he doesn't bang his friends and goes for strangers bought with money.

It's pretty much the same with everything he does.
He's always helping everyone in the shadows, but doesn't want any attachments with nations, influential people or the whole demon lord mess.

I think this relates to his relationship to the gods, but can't say anything for sure yet.

Isn't Death March the one where he fights aliens and saves the world from ending?

>implied

Have you read until he met the high elf?

Nope, currently trying to figure out exactly what chapter i left it at. Figures i didnt put a memo anywhere.

>tfw can't read Naruto and Bleach of isekai genre because they have been spoilered

Well, later he met a airhead cake high elf that he want to fuck