youtube.com/watch?v=Cta1ThEccG8&list=PLDBB557BE21BA831D&index=46
youtube.com/watch?v=0aUSc5Oqblg&list=PLDBB557BE21BA831D&index=47
youtube.com/watch?v=82nq2VQ41UI&index=59&list=PLDBB557BE21BA831D
youtube.com/watch?v=4emZltX42io
youtube.com/watch?v=Tg7EQpMMUq0
youtube.com/watch?v=ckOlIquCrCA&index=22&list=RDVTPhcKs_CYU
youtube.com/watch?v=csvg2ZD2KvY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Guy just wants to marry a cute girl and doggedly pursues her, avoids a lot of the usual pitfalls in a "romance" anime.

Also super cool aesthetics and music.

>Also super cool aesthetics and music.
What's that? I can't hear you over how awesome this music is!

youtube.com/watch?v=RHP_9heGEKo

Nice are the other songs good or is this the highlight?

fucking summer

>I would spend the time to watch a shitty show.
Grab a noose on the way out kid.

Who are you quoting?

Most things. The plot was nothing groundbreaking nor were the characters but they were unique and likeable.

The art direction and animation were top notch for their time and put many modern TV animes to shame.

The music, or particularly the way it was used to create atmosphere may be the strongest part of the show. Great diversity of tracks with almost all of them being memorable.

All in all it was fairly comfy and super atmospheric. Just rewatched it a few weeks ago for the first time since the dub originally aired on Adult Swim almost a decade ago and it held up pretty well.

My favorite:

youtube.com/watch?v=JMslQH5rj6A

/jp/ out

This.

youtu.be/W1oCOfnPBdA?t=42s

What happened to original anime?
What happened to 50 episode anime?

Why are we stuck with 12 episode isekai LN adaptations every single season now?

I can't think of a single thing they used to try to pander. Not saying that it's not there, but they didn't make a huge deal about the way they presented it. Kinda the opposite of what SAO did with harems and fitting a character to all the main archetypes.

50 episode anime is a big investmen. Nobody is willing to take a big risk on them anymore.

Even when E7 aired, it was split coured in half, although it was still written full speed with the intention of being 50 episodes. But that sort of thing was already taking hold then.

>Aired: Apr 17, 2005 to Apr 2, 2006
How was it split in half exactly?

Absolutely love this one
youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY

keanu reeves

I unironically think Eureka Seven is one of the greatest anime ever made.

It's not exactly original in concept and some of the characters can get on the nerves, but everything else is just fucking 10/10.

You wouldn't expect anything so powerful from a show inspired by weird late-20th century music subculture and motherfucking surfing robots. Oh and did you want psychedelic aliens based on conceptual sci-fi short stories that delete spacial matter? Yeah we have those too.

The art, the designs, the concepts, the AMAZING music, the incredible moments of both action and drama, the pure emotion and feelings of wonder it manages to inspire with its world and this crazy journey that Renton goes through. All of that in an unbroken 50 episode run so you have all this time to get truly immersed and invested in what's happening.

I find Niji is almost impossible for me to listen to because it's so bittersweet.

I honestly cannot recommend it enough.

If only there was a sequel, too bad there definitely isn't one

holy shit when the beat drops. i wasnt expecting it. this alone makes me want to watch this anime

>Characters can get on the nerves

That was actually a trade-off they made when adapting it from the manga. The characters were a lot more agreeable, but a lot of them also fucking died instead. It's a way to keep some drama in the show without killing off the characters. When I learned about it, it made it seem a lot more worth it to me.

Episode 26 and I CAN FRY at the end are some of the most cathartic things I've ever seen in Anime.

You should, that music coupled with the scenes really make everything even better. Here have another good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cta1ThEccG8&list=PLDBB557BE21BA831D&index=46

Great one.
youtube.com/watch?v=0aUSc5Oqblg&list=PLDBB557BE21BA831D&index=47

Rainbow might even be better than Storywriter.

youtube.com/watch?v=82nq2VQ41UI&index=59&list=PLDBB557BE21BA831D

youtube.com/watch?v=4emZltX42io

youtube.com/watch?v=Tg7EQpMMUq0

Why, why everything is perfect ?

bump

>I unironically think Eureka Seven is one of the greatest anime ever made.

I don't understand why you had to type this. Are you trying to get acceptance from Sup Forums or something? Pretty sure the majority of people who watched this show would agree it was at least decent, and a good amount of people would say it was really good. Those who know how to rationalise obviously know this show wasn't perfect, but it doesn't have that many haters for you to say "I unironically like it". I guess this is the term kids use nowadays on the internet.

The only people who would actually hate on this show without trolling, would be those who never watched it, dropped it for whatever reason or have some stupid argument like "it's mecha" , whose opinion should be discarded anyway.

Of course I never watched E7 sequel, nor does my post correlate to it in any way.

Manga was based on the anime dude.

The music, that was about it.

>The only people who would actually hate on this show without trolling, would be those who never watched it, dropped it for whatever reason or have some stupid argument like "it's mecha" , whose opinion should be discarded anyway.
Way to contradict yourself.

I hate my memory so much. Thanks for correcting me though.

What if I hate the show for not being good?

The sum of it's parts, the story is a rather simple one, but the designs, the world, the music, the cast, everything adds up to form it's particular style, which in my case, I absolutely adore.

>What happened to original anime?
Nothing. Hell we're getting three new original BONES anime next year
>What happened to 50 episode anime?
E7 is a prime example of a show that was longer than it needed to be.

>Nothing. Hell we're getting three new original BONES anime next year
Yeah and Bones original anime are now shit, like most original anime. The last three "originals" from Bones were crap.

>Yeah and Bones original anime are now shit
>now

The irony in this thread is astounding

Because

A) Most studio's would rather play it safe and adapt an unfinished manga that is still at the peak of popularity to make a quick buck, and unfortunately it's usually in the publishers control and not the actual creators when the opportunity arises.

B) A lot of original's take more work, coming up with a world, story, and characters all from scratch and then putting them all in one product to try and sell to a country that, lets be honest, has its priorities in all the wrong places these past few decades.

Which sucks cause I'm an original only fag, and usually get subjected to constant crap every season because people rarely put the effort into making something good.

What makes it even worse is that they usually rely on the mecha genre to do this, which I hate...

Fyi y'all should check out Supercar, the band who's song this is. They're absolutely fantastic. Highvision is the album that this is off of.

Jesus Christ you're a faggot

both the original soundtrack and the songs they use from other bands are well chosen. It's generally not forgettable

No love triangle or harem antics bullshit. The main love interest is settled from the fucking get go. Thank god.

kysplz

The second season.

Fucker earned that pussy and went to the moon to fuck said pussy for all eternity

youtube.com/watch?v=ckOlIquCrCA&index=22&list=RDVTPhcKs_CYU

The music, the mecha animation, Anemone, the ending.

But it wasn't split cours. In fact, from what I remember watching it, the show never took a week off.

Rewatching for the first time in years as we speak. Rewatching childhood anime like this as an adult is really something else.

Its a majestic story truly.

i LOVE eureka, and i LOVE isekai too, isekai is the new BIG thing sadly. Hoping to see Isekai-like eureka 7 type romance though, with the girl like eureka and MC like renton.

Well shit. I know what I'm rewatching next.

>No S2

Solid mix of humor, drama and action, with an incredible soundtrack backing it all to really set the tone.

Interesting setting which at the end still doesn't have every mystery resolved.

The romance was rather believable and had plenty of interesting points for character development throughout the entire series. Renton and Eureka's relationship is not "well we're a couple now" nor are obstacles randomly thrown in their way. It simply grows as the characters interact.

A protagonist who's growth is near constant. His point of view, goals and ideas are changing nearly episode by episode, all in a very believable way. From the timid Renton just trying to fit in, to the one who's trying to act like a grownup, to the more mature one at the end. Renton's character arc is truly something to praise.

Solid mecha designs, and an interesting, yet completely wacky premise for their operation which leads to some great choreography in the battles.

You can't have a titular song called Rainbow, surfing robots and a happy story and end up bad.

Eureka got me into /m/echa at large.
It was amazing.

— RENTOOON!
— EUREKAAA!
Now you hear it.

>Only hearing it.

Thanks, now I see them falling down like they always do, stretching arms to pull one or the other inside the cockpit.

It didn't have a second season where the OP started with ESCAPPPPPEEEEEEE!

Holy shit this is good, How have I never heard of this show before?

Because apparently you're the biggest newfag that ever fagged. This was even an adult swim show.

If you liked E7 you should try Gundam X.

There wasn't a second season. You must be confusing it for another anime.

There's Xam'd too.

>This song
Damn. Made me remember how much I loved this anime.

This beat was pretty good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=csvg2ZD2KvY

this post for anemone

Can I just jump into that without any exposure to Gundam?

It's a super late timeline Gundam, so you don't really need to know anything except that obviously a whole lot of shit went down.

Would I miss out on plot-points no matter how small? I could just start from the beginning

Gundam X is like the third non-UC Gundam, and is set in its own universe

So you don't really need to know the others

Can we all agree that pic related is best boy?

Art
Animation
Direction
Style
Character design
Character development
Well, well done coming of age story
Well done political elements
Well done mecha elements
Well done drama that stays important but doesn't bog down the plot (much)
Absolutely outstanding music/op/eds

Relatable characters for almost all types of people.

Honestly E7 did more or less nothing wrong, people that weren't here when it aired can't really speak because it was groundbreaking for the time - other than the ITS NOT GUNDAM, ITS NOT EVA, THE KIDS ARE ANNOYING AND RENTON ISNT GAR etc.

You forgot team eureka's haircut is bad and team eureka's haircut is moe

It deserves a sequel

>What happened to 50 episode anime?
Even back in 2005 only anime for kids and stuff like Gundam got prime time billing. When Eureka was coming out, nobody was expecting it to be what it was, everybody just thought it was another robot anime for kids.

Nobody knew it was Bones secretly smuggling a solid as fuck science fiction script under the sponsors' noses.

It was Nadia of our time, albeit not as big of a hit because of how anime medium has changed by that time.

Ah, I wish I was young again.

If you didn't tear up even a little watching Morning Glory you probably don't have a heart.