Should developer studios hire more women?

Should developer studios hire more women?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JuZ5aySVNiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How many of those women in the 2014 picture are programers?

They should hire less people in general

All companies need to stop hiring based off of skin and gender and whatever else. It needs to be about pure "skill". Say you have 1 white guy apply, 49 black people, and 50 women. If that 1 white guy is the best fit for the job, you hire him and no one else. If you need to hire 20 people, you start from the top down, hiring the white guy, and the blacks, and the women, all based off of who is best for the job or not.

Same thing applies. If 99 men apply and only 1 women does, if she's the best, hire her. Companies, and games, are being ruined by things like diversity and whatever other bullshit. It's time to stop.

it will never stop
It will only get worse

they belong in their role truly feminist role, homeschooling and nursing the children, the house is their domain, sandwich pls.

Was she really upset about the comic?

I want to impregnate Jade and buy her game

yea, if they want to hire people based on skin color and gender, that's up to them. It will only caused them to go bankrupt faster

>homeschooling and nursing the children
And this is why all this bullshit happens user. You allow them access to the futire generation, allowing them to later control them.

pcgamesn.com/blizzard-diversity-initiative

But Blizzard pendering to SJW isn't a new thing.

Can you even bankrupt at this point with fully paid review and shills?

She's gotta be in her 40s now right? Still hot as fuck.

Should OP go back to Sup Forums?

Yes, as long as they are more skilled and emotionally stable (at least in work). Feminists and such tends to be annoying as fuck, I had one in my team and I wish I wouldnt.

>men are superior to women
>women can get jobs in vidya
>Sup Forumsirgins can't

How the fuck is Sup Forums even more inept than women?

>2007
>the token "sexy" woman up front and center being unique and quirky while doing nothing more than stealing the spotlight from everyone else
>"ugly" female developer stuck in the group of guys because she isn't "progressive" enough

> shitty servers
> shitty optimization
> full of game breaking bugs at release
> BUT WE HIRE WOMEN§§§

I don't give a shit about who they hire. The should care for people doing quality tho.

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman
how bout you fuck off ya cunt

yes

they'll go out of business faster that way

Ubisoft Montreal has 3000 employees. If that's all the woman that work there then I don't think you need to worry about them hiring based on gender.

If you actually bought a Ubisoft game in the last 5 years you are the cancer killing videogames.

>games were better when the studio looked like pic related

really makes you think

I honestly don't know how they get any work done. One woman in the workplace is bad enough from my experience.

It´s kinda wierd how real (((diversity))) is only in the 2007 pic.
Also Ubi downfall started about that time, guess ofc it´s not related to sjw hiring policy

Diversity quotas are only a thing in America and fuckhuge corps outside of it.

Studios should avoid any westerner since they can't for the love of god make a goddamn videogame.

Wife material
youtube.com/watch?v=JuZ5aySVNiQ

Diversity quotas still exist in Australia, at least in Government jobs

Good.
Videogames need to die already.

yes, because even normies are starting to understand how bad gaming journalism is now

they really were....

>best decisionss are made with diversity, not passion or talent
O I AM LAFFIN

>when you call anything that isn't "you go girl!" or "YAAASSS" a 'death threat'.

Why not hire like 50 Victoria Secret models and pretend that they are the current developers at Ubisoft, that would have attracted much more positive PR. Now it seems that they asked all the guys to bring their wives and girlfriends for a photoshoot to pretend that all these girls work there, even then it pathetic, out of hundreds of people they only managed to get like 30 girls lol

20% women in a dev studio is a good amount, considering the skill of an average man vs woman in IT.

>yo, treat us in the same way you treat men
>we'll hire you because you have a vagina
Nice equality you got there.

fine by me desu ANDROMEDA tried this diversity bullshit and it was the WORST GAME in the series. didnt even bother to finish it

I can see why they got threats for posting such a controversial opinion.

The companies that hire on things other than merit will perform worse than the ones that do. They will sink, the data will be obvious.

There probably were some very talented women in that photo whose career is now ruined thanks to diversity quotas.

>desu, AKA Tbh
Fuck off, reddit.

Can somebody create a graph of game metacritic score vs %women employees.

I'm too lazy.

>congratulations to ubisoft for paving the way for game development studios to hire based on gender!
>HIRE
>BASE
>ON
>GENDER
so basically you dont get hired because you know how to do shit
but because you will give blowjobs to to your coworkers

Not really.
Ubisoft has always been formed by talentless hacks.

i work with a lot of highly qualified and passionate women in high finance, and they always have to work obscenely hard to remain relevant given their life style decisions... if you hire a guy in finance, he'll probably get a gf, marry, and settle down, have a kid, etc. the girl will be of equal or lower social status, make less money, and will want to raise the kid. the guy can then dedicate his time an efforts to his job (and saving YOU as his coworker time that would otherwise be substituted for his newborn).

women, on the other hand, still marry and get pregnant even if they're the most intense of career women. pregnency fucks with women for 9 months both biologically and mentally, making them less optimal to work with for that span.. then they have a kid, take 3 months off for maternity leave (that the company can't fill because paid time off), then for the next 5 years they're dead tired at work from raising the newborn at home and being awake all night with it.. the successful ones are like fucking robots, i genuinely have no idea how they do it but i can't see how the life is fulfilling.. it's just work and baby work and baby... why live like that???

oh and if the woman just decides that she's too tired to work and that the male coworkers should just pick up the slack, guess what happens. most of the women don't do that, but the option is always there. it fucking sucks.

>Sup Forums realizes this now
Welcome to the past 2000 years.

when did Sup Forums suddenly become Sup Forums?

I'm also interested in this, it'd take quite a bit of work though.

I w-want to buy Jade's game

What went wrong?

>"The best decisions are always made with a diverse set of minds"
>not smartest, most efficient, or rational minds just diverse.
Whats more valuable? Opinions and input from 200 people from around the globe with 75-80 IQs or input from 10 dudes with 130-160 IQs.

i have never heard of anyone using sex to get ahead in the corporate world... i think it's just a meme (or i work with unattractive women)

>Diverse group
>Only females

Hmm

Did you just wake up from a coma?

Lol at the Asian wallflower there and the Becky being front and center

Only the developers I don't like

Don't worry most career women end up as childless spinsters anyway

That entire post was satirical you retarded shit.

The governemt tried a truly equal system. Blind hiring. Literally hiring purely on resume without knowing gender of applicants. Men got hired twice as much as women and they shut it down.

>Hmm
Why do you talk like a tumblrina?

Well that is the meaning of "diversity" these days.
Just like feminism is for "equality".

Get with the times, grandpa.
Well, time for career women to realize they have to start marrying down. Just like men did for the past .... human history.

I fucking work in a bank in Melbourne and this fucking diversity hire pisses me off. Hiring incompetent people based on gender and skin colour just for quota ruins dynamics and makes team subpars. fucking this whole sjw shit

> Women working in video game industry
> While Sup Forumsirgins and Sup Forumstards can't even manage to get a job at Burger King

The only relevant point here. Really makes you think.

I don't even consider myself a right winger, but if you play videogames (or hell, if you have a brain) it's common sense to be against affirmative action.

Funnily enough, the university I graduated from decreases points automatically for all Asians in the entrance exams
How are they not knee deep in legal trouble, this shit is laughable

What a load of bullshit. That's exactly how it should be! If it's just based entirely off the CV/resume and you're hiring the best people for the job who gives a single fuck what gender or race or color or whatever else the fuck!

every university does that

Employers are literally begging for women to work technical jobs, it's affirmative action. Being female is a crutch, not something to be proud of.

I work at a game industry and women are shit at it

> Bonnie Ruberg

Literally who

>"Sup Forums boogeyman is behind every politically-charged thread!" meme

Horrible. Turning video games into propaganda totally disgusts me.

I'm glad.
This will bring the death of videogames closer.

Kek. Some government departments in Australia as a whole are like 75% women 25% men, but when you get to executive level, its 50/50 men and women.

Must be the sexism boogeyman

fucking this. they touched one thing they shouldn't. fuck them

you realize this is making fun of leftism, right?

Lul

>(((Ruberg)))

they should hire people based on their qualifications, not their skin color and sex organs in hopes that it brings some sort of new "perspective"

Wasn't the encyclopedia put together by the sarcastic British guy in that game? Quips seem appropriate.

What's funny is that they got rid of the one black guy.

It gets better...

Man they must really need a lot of coffee made to need so many women at Ubisoft

This gets posted every time this thread is made using this image, the people making them do not care.

>The best decisions are always made with a diverse group of minds, not necessarily a talented or passionate one
THIS CAN'T BE REAL

>>>/neogaf/

the moment you go out looking for genders and skin colors you invalidate any qualifications or input that person has.

congratulations on joining the team Xander! i feel like your non binary muslim sex organ will really give us a fresh perspective on the new zombie nazi mode!

diversity quotas are flawed from the start, they have no real goal besides get X of this type of person, but why? so you can feel good? so the company looks good? how was the product improved by more women or minorities? how do you know those people you hired were even in dire straits that they needed rescuing? you don't, your white guilt was just sated and you feel like a big hero for helping the transexual negro

I wonder how that logic plays out in the executives' heads.
>men and women are the same
>also we need to hire more female employees because mental diversity

You're not a disgusting Marxist, are you user?

the executives could give a fuck. even women execs are just as conceiving and evil as their male counterparts, just look at the HP ceo, she's an evil witch

it's all for PR, companies will bend over and blow anything that will make their company stand out in a positive light of the currently trendy social crusade

We could definitely use a purge

You know that bottom pic is just some communication department. All the real coding is done by sweaty virgins in the basement

It enraged the people who are pushing for diversity in the workplace. Ironically, something the blind hiring was supposed to help with.

Based on how shitty Ubisoft games are it's more than likely those women are their core coders.

When a media authorize only one way to think it's not political, it's a fucking propaganda

can confirm this, i work for a software company, basement is 1 woman for every 50 male programmers. marketing, finance, hr, customer relations is nearly all women

Ubisoft in 2007:
>Great name in the industry
>Actual input and creativity in their games
>something like the "Ubisoft Formula" doesn't existed because every game was unique and highly rewarded from both public and critics

Ubisoft 2014:
>killed an entire franchise
>invented the Ubisoft formula, which is bland uncreative Open World with MMO quests rather than any form of creativity
>every single game is the same
>is the concurrent for EA in terms of "Most uncreative bad gaming company of all time"